Ended
Watch

(1502) Path of Doom

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    M
    Mace

Mace sat at the table she'd set up in the greenhouse for the meeting of the City's Moros. After the complaints in consilium, she wasn't sure how the move would be received. But to her knowledge, there were no other place in the consilium that they could talk freely without risking being overheard. She didn't know what arrangements the other councilors had made, but she wanted to be able to avoid double talk, and she hadn't the expertise to guarantee privacy another way.

The greenhouse itself was devoid of decorations, the small buds of the plants starting to show in warmth of the greenhouse. Even if winter was still upon them, the buds were starting to show the fruits of their labor. Now if only the fruits of the Council's labor would begin to show. She went over her plan in her head again, preparing herself for the decision she'd made. It had taken a lot to come to this point, and it hadn't been easy. Now she just had to hope it would be enough.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce arrives to the location wearing brown slacks and a tweed jacket over a sweater vest and button up shirt. He hasn't come across this location before and looks around carefully in his search for his Councilor.

"Miss Mace?" he calls out tentatively, approaching the opening to the greenhouse and peering in. The thick air brought with it an earthy scent, an abundance of plant life that is pleasant overall to his senses. Seeing the table within, Truce sighs with relief and walks slowly over.

"Hello, Madam Councilor," he says to her. "Sorry if I'm late. I'm not too familiar with this location. Do you come here often?" he asks, curious if the woman has a habit for gardening and who the greenhouse belongs to. Since the others are yet to arrive, Truce feels they have a moment for small talk.

M
    Mace

"Hi Truce," Mace said as Truce joined her. "No need to be so formal. We have plenty to discuss without bogging things down with titles." She gave him a smile. "Yes, as a matter of fact, I do. Panthera Nox maintains this space for the Consilium. The idea was to offer a space that the Magi could use, without needing to impose on one of the Orders. If more cabals follow suit, than we'll have a series of relatively neutral places to hold meetings and to discuss Awakened matters in peace." At least, that had been her hope. Whether other Cabals would follow suit remained to be seen. "For our part, we request a packet of seeds from visitors. I uh...forgot to mention that when I put out the call, I'm afraid. So I've sorta paid up for those on the list the Herald gave me." She blushed a little in her embarassment. She'd been trying to figure out how to approach her Path with her plan, rather than making sure she covered everything.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

"Oh! I see. Well that's very thoughtful to create a neutral space. I might suggest that idea to Temoins du Sud, or something of the like. I'll be sure to remember to bring seeds next time I visit. What an interesting notion."

Truce smiles genuinely, admiring the plantlife for a moment and thankful he's arrived with time to do so. Without turning he continues speaking with the Councilor. "Are you sure it's alright to overlook formality, Mace? It's sort of expected, isn't it, to hold one's title with...well not pride so much as dignity? Or perhaps that's just something when dealing with those outside our own Path? I only ask out of ignorance since I've never held a title like that before."

M
    Mace

Mace shrugged. "Perhaps, but titles cause distance. Me being councilor is about me helping the path. I don't want to create distance between us, at least not right now. I want you all to speek freely, I guess?" She shrugged again. "Or at least, that all made sense in my head."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

Truce looks to Mace now and blinks a few times. "Well, I'd have to agree with that then. When it's a Councilor's duty to speak for their Pathmates then I can see remaining distant would hinder that purpose. I hope you're not having any confidence issues regarding your role, are you? I know that we're not all that familiar with each other yet, but if you want to express any concerns you have I'm told I can be a good listener." He offers this with an encouraging smile, his brows knitting together slightly to express concern.

It seems the others were delayed for the moment anyways. It might be a good time for Truce to get to know his Councilor and her thoughts.

7. Likes RebornSeas liked this post
    M
    Mace

Mace hesitated a moment, before diving in. She'd promised herself to tell the truth, after all. "I'm not sure what it would say about me if I wasn't having doubts, after that last meeting." She said softly. "Of course I'm having doubts. I'm not sure at all that I'm the right person for the job. In many ways, I let you all down the other night. Unfortunately, right now I'm the only one eligable. That was never my intent." She hoped he could see the truth of that in her eyes. "But really, the question on the table isn't about any of that. It's about what comes next." She gave him a shakey smile. "Not that I want to go too far into that until the others show up of course."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

Truce does listen as promised, giving her words due consideration.

"I understand. No sense in repeating yourself. But if it's of any worth, I think you did a fine job at the gathering. There were a great many factors to consider throughout the proceedings and I appreciate that you spoke up for the Apostates and Solitaires. I feel it is a considerate and just stance, and even if the other Councilors didn't unanimously agree you still represented my wishes as a Moros. So don't despair. You just need a little confidence, and once the others have voiced their minds then you should be able to have a better idea of what needs to be done."

M
    Mace

"Thanks," Mace said with a smile. It wasn't the strongest smile, but it was good to know that someone thought she represented him well. It actually made her plan harder, but she wasn't going to back down from the road she set herself on. Not just yet. "You spoke about trying to meet with representatives of some of the Orders," she said, "last time we talked. Is that still something you're looking into? Do you need me to make any introductions?" She hoped it didn't sound like she was pushing him, but she was going to help him if it was what he wanted.

L
    LoneRanger

A greenhouse, an interesting choiche. I walk, after having lost myself two or three time.

I've got to move around Sac more. Of course, when time is due.

A quick glance inside, and a knock at the door. Mace and Truce talking. A quick nod and a friendly smile is offered to each of them.

Councillor Mace, Truce. Good to see you. If I disturb, please let me know.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.