Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1502) Josephine and Gerald

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

PRE

Gerald's eyes follow her gesture as she speaks, taking note of the 'fabled' Sacramento Carthian . As if she were a unicorn or something equally far fetched. And she certainly is a specimen His attention turns once more to the Ventrue Priscus. She seems full of questions. He has more answers, of course.

"Thank you for your honest opinion. I am not easily discouraged, however. I will speak to this Ashley as soon as my Priscus permits. Now... this Monomacy. It is an Invictus thing, no?" The Ventrue gives a brief pause, thoughts in turmoil. Monomacy is just another antiquated ritual to please the boot-lickers. His face, however, reveals nothing of his thoughts.

1 suxx to not show distaste
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-13 22:30:41 Gerald Baker rolls 4 to Manipulation+Subterfuge to hide reaction. (10 Again) 6, 2, 10, 5, 4 1 success

"It seems an honorable alternative to Kindred stalking one another on the streets to settle disputes. Among the Invictus, of course. Why do you ask?" Gerald raises a brow as he turns the question back to Josephine.

PRE

"In this Domain the rite of Monomacy has been extended to all who are acknowledged. Thus all who reside in the Domain may, with the Prince's permission, challenge another or find themselves being challenged. In fact, there was a performance of Monomacy which occurred during the last official gathering of the court. A Kindred was sent to his final Damnation. His killer, I believe, has left the Domain, but that is speculation. Also, completely unimportant. Interesting, but unimportant. What is important, is that I inform you of the rules of this Domain. The Practice of Monomacy is one of them, but there are others. Follow me so that I might show you them," Josephine commanded, turning and leading the way over to where the laws were posted.

"Now," the Priscus continued after Gerald had had some time to read, "I shall acknowledge you, but I must inform you that you are only allowed to live and feed within the commons. Before I pronounce you officially acknowledged, however, I wish to know if you have any questions about the Laws."

PRE

Gerald nods, looking nonplussed. An interesting spin. Gerald tends to agree with her on one point, though: whatever happened during the last Court is unimportant right now. Tonight's Court is far more pressing.

Gerald quietly follows after his Priscus, not hesitating in the least. The Sea King's eyes seem to drink in the charts like a man in the desert. Now that the stage has been set he has all the tools he needs to make this Danse a beautiful one. A slow, satisfied grin grows on his face. When he finishes, he simply nods to himself and turns to look back at Josephine.

"Only one, Priscus: the subject of Tenancy. As I mentioned before, I have a small but rather expensive haven on board my yacht. Will I be allowed to improve this in the future? Perhaps being allowed access to more choice locations and higher security? I would not wish to offend the Prince or be thought of as a squatter."

"In time you may earn that right. For now you are untested. I would not fret, however. For one who has tread beneath the night sky for as long as you have, I'm sure it will not be difficult to find ways to aid the domain, spread the prestige of our clan, and perhaps earn some rather toothsome gossip," the Priscus replied frankly.

PRE

Gerald offers a polite little half-bow; one hand splayed out and one behind his back. He rises with a polite smile, answering in English once more.

"As you say. I will take your advice to heart, Priscus. Thank you for entertaining this old rogue's indulgences." The Sea King winks. "I do enjoy every chance to converse in that beautiful language. But I shall take no more of your time. Bonsoir."

Gerald rejoins the main thread.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread