Ended
Watch

Light and Darkness

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    C
    Cross

Show up to a meeting, and be given work. That was fine by Eva. She didn't lack for motivation; she was bored as hell, to be truthful, the Danse at Court being the only thing she'd been up to.

That, and fleecing Cordoba for Tenancy, of course. The notion of getting started on a Dragon project was really an exciting Change.

"Very well," she said with a nod as her head elegantly swiveled to regard the Castellan for details. The leg peeper and an old woman, and well, her - what fun this would be.

Finding a Wyrm's Nest and adding it to the holdings of the Dragon... it was an opportunity, indeed.

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Skeleton Keys: Closet

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 4/11
    Willpower: 1/4
    Health: [][][][][][][]

Skeleton Keys: Cotouri

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 6/11
    Willpower: 3/4
    Health: [_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_]
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 10/11
    Willpower: 4/4
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Not much more than that." Hildegarde looked at her hand, trailing across the documents she had collected. "The grimoire contains fragments of a number of texts. Some lost. Some of rare provenance. Most definitely worthy of further study. I believe that Supplicant MacFarlane identified there was an entire magic system buried in one of them," a pause as the Lord raised her head, questioningly, toward the Grand Wyrm. "I believe the scientific study of the book itself yielded inconclusive results. The gum binding the book was particularly unusual, but we learned nothing further in that regard. Our earlier research confirmed the likely location of the Wyrm Nest. The property is abandoned in all but name: it has been a family homestead, the site of a sensational crime, and the house of a reclusive with a mysterious reputation. Of course, at the time the area was still under the sway of a Sanctified Bishop. Now though, we have a chance to put eyes on the ground. Yes?"
    Blood Potency 3|Vitae 11/1|Willpower 4/4|Health 7/7| Doll Face

PRE

Tracy listened as the Grand Wyrm and the Castellan gave further information about the grimoire. It was clear that she was curious about it, but she remained silent as they spoke on the matter. "I have some books in the library," she said to the trio. "The majority of them discuss the study of geomancy and different theories." If they would be looking for a Wyrm's Nest, perhaps they could make use of those. "Please, feel free to look them over if you wish," she added, making eye contact with Eva, since she had been tasked with helping in this matter.

C
    Casitive

A Bishop as well as the Reeve,” and while David might have respected Dillon Connery, in the end, the Savage was not a Dragon. The Man of Many Hats is Sanctified and the philosophical difference on God is an ocean that will, perhaps, never be crossed.

Politics around gaining permission while hiding exactly why, would have been cumbersome.

Turning towards Eva, hands gathering up David's belongings, “What would you like to know before I leave you to make your own inquiries?

C
    Cross

Eva was silent and attentive as each explained what information they had. Her smile and nod of gratitude to Tracy was the one disruption to her stillness before finally, the Grand Wyrm asked her for what she needed to know. She had died well-manicured, and her nails slowly fell, one at a time, with little clicks on the table in a staccato one-two-three-four.

"What is the address of the house, and are there any known ongoing dangers in the area?"

Brown eyes swept across each of the three senior Dragons.

C
    Casitive

Right,” though the word isn't in direct response to anything in particular. “As far as we know, nothing jumps out as especially dangerous.” Though the possibility is always there, “The property is located at <<address>> just within Valencia and is held by a holding corporation. Reportedly, a 'spiritual group' in the early to mid part of the last century, made its home there,” David further explains, “though its leader, by his own directive, was beheaded there for use in a ritual.

David draws his lips in, wordlessly looking between the rest of the Dragons in the room. “This isn't to say that there aren't dangers. Given the possibility of a wellhead, you must be prepared for anything.

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Blood Potency 3

Blood Potency 3
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I doubt it will be hard to miss. Its a trunk road, surrounded by fields just beyond the airport. There is not much else out that way, from what I have discerned. As far as I can tell, the property has been effectively abandoned for a quarter of a century and more."

Hildegarde added. She had been studying the maps recently and the memory was lodged in the upper most part of her mind.

PRE

Tracy listened quietly as her fellow Dragons spoke further on the matter, paying close attention to what was being said. The mention of Dillon caught her a bit by surprise, arising some nostalgia within the petite Savage. I hope he's alright; wherever he may be, she thought to herself. After a few moments, Tracy returned her attention to the matter at hand.

"If you run into any trouble," she said to Eva, procuring a small card with her contact info on it. "Don't hesitate to call." She wasn't sure what the new Supplicant was capable of, but the Rampant Dragon wanted to make sure that the Daeva knew that she could rely on her for back up if needed.

C
    Cross

Eva accepted the card with a nod of thanks, placing it within her purse delicately as she considered the information provided to her. "All right. If Supplicant MacFarlane made any notes on the topic, I would like to read them so I can be fully briefed," she mused, as though considering any further questions she might have before deciding she was good for the moment. "I will contact Initiate Villiers. As well, there is a new Dragon in the city, another Daeva - one going by the moniker 'Granny'." She did not use air quotes, but a little twitch of a corner of her lips that conveyed subtle amusement was there for those who cared to see it, the Elysian Coil hard at work. "I shall bring her along, as well."

The Succubus turned to regard Hildegarde.

"Castellan, if it would be possible for the Grimoire to be made available to us in the Chapterhouse here, I'd be much obliged. And I ought to ask you, as steward of the Chapterhouse..."

Why not?

"I have been granted Tenancy by Priscus Cordoba. I'd like to take up residence here, if that is an option available to members of the Academy. Is that something that you would be open to? Naturally, I will see to it pull my weight and contribute to make this place materially better for us all."

There were things she could think of to do even now that would help...

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Blood Potency 3

Blood Potency 3
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Castellan stared at Eva for a long time.

"Good," she said quietly, but with such suddenness that it was like a whip crack across the space between them. "The grimoire is, of course, available in our library," she added in a softer tone.

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 4

You do not have permission to view the list of names.