Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Herald) Meeting with Level

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    W
    Windmill

Level stood outside the building, examining it with his other eyes. He didn't see the swirling energies that would mark a hollow, and no sign of wards or 'enchancement' within the building. It was just another building, a cookie-cutter office block, painted a thought-numbing institutional grey. It was likely that he was the most magical thing on display, the spells he cast at home hanging off him like so much supernal confetti. Aware that this was probably a bit of a risk in a town that had a Banisher problem with a capital B, he proceeded into the lobby.

Nothing much changed within, just the number of people (down) and the number of things convincing him that this Herald was either a Guardian or the manager of the abyssal reflection of the DMV. He was particularly taken with the elevator music, which was hanging indecisivly on the boundry between muzak and white noise.

He got out on the floor where he was told the office of the Herald was, and walking through the symphony of beige that was the corridor. He knocked on the varnish and chipwood door, aware of precisly how thin the illusion of splendor extended. He hoped that it was not indicative of the office's inhabitant.

Eyes&armour
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-26 11:32:36 Level rolls 9 to Stone Bastion (combined Dark Matter&Unseen Aegis Int+Occ+Matter+HS-2 combining spells) (10 Again) 1, 6, 6, 2, 6, 6, 7, 10, 8, 4 2 successes

-1 mana for 24 hours

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

"Enter," came a clear voice from the other side of the door, even as Zodiac set aside the little amusements she'd been working on as she awaited her guest.

The room was a little bit warmer inside than the remainder of the building - if only in its hues - though there really wasn't anything truly spectacular about the room. Decorating the softly brown walls were a few glass cases that held scrolls, and the rug that lay on the floor added to the slightly warmer feel of the room, though it seemed a little worn itself. If one didn't focus on the little things, and rather looked at the big picture of the room, however, it felt sparse.

A filing cabinet with a couple of carefully maintained artifacts atop it sat behind the Herald, and a dark, heavy looking desk was beneath her arms - it was a clearly well-used desk, at that, with chips in the wood and a few stains indicative of coffee cups and lack of care in the matter. Two chairs sat in front of the desk, black and not particularly fancy, but fairly comfortable, to match the chair that the brunette woman sat in herself.

The light blue eyes of the Sphinx watched the door carefully as she awaited her companion's entry, her brown hair up in a casual but clean bun - a pencil stuck out of it, though how long it had been there could be questioned. She'd chosen a white blouse that day, the sleeves puffing a little bit around her wrists, while a black vest was settled atop that, buttoned entirely. None of those things concealed her choker, however, nor the ring that sat on her finger.

Effective Presence 4 (Professional)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-27 17:57:24 Zodiac rolls 8 to Augment the Mind (Presence) (Mind+Gno+HS) (10 Again) 9, 8, 3, 5, 2, 1, 5, 4 2 successes

W
    Windmill

Level opened the door and stepped through, giving Zodiac her first glimpse of the new arrival. He looked old, but it was more the age you'd see in the eyes of a child soldier than anything to do with his wrinkles; taking a stroll through the graveyard of the multiverse tends to put some years on you.

His dress was almost stereotypically blue-collar, complete with plaid flannel shirt, faded but well patched jeans, and heavy scuffed boots that could probably be run over by a tank without any effect. The only thing which really clashed with the overall image of remorsless practicality was the chestnut wig on his head, which instead made him look like a temporal refugee from the '80s.

"Evenin.'" Level said, before making his way to stand between the two chairs before the desk. It would be rude to sit without being invited, and besides, he needed to be sure of a few things before he sat his back to the door. "Trust that we don't need to worry about anyone listenin' in here?"

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

"Good evening," she greeted in response, rising to offer her hand. "For the most part it's safe. Of course, I will always advise some level of caution." The accent was charming, indicative of a few things - unless, like herself, he had donned a false accent to disguise his location of origin. Given the attire, however, she didn't expect that was the case. His attire read of a different sort of man, to be certain, than the one who would falsify his own manner.

"Please, sit, make yourself comfortable," Zodiac smiled, though light blue eyes still regarded him with some degree of scrutiny - not the capital S variety, either. "Welcome to Sacramento."

W
    Windmill

"Thanks." Level siad, sinking down onto one of the chairs. Guessin' you'll want to start with the basics then." He entwined his fingers in his lap and watched her watching him for a fraction of a second before begining.

"I'm Level, I walk the path of doom, I'm a Tamer of Stone, and for the last year an' a half I've been an Arrow."

Now to hope that the question of why he's here gets left on the wayside, 'cause the answer to that would be akward for the both of them.

"Zoey"
    Sheet

PRE

That got things started off pleasantly, leaving her to jot a couple of things down. Mace and Asp... alright. That started things off nicely enough. "And where do you most recently hail from?" she asked with a pleasant smile. Really, she seemed fairly content at that moment. It was an important thing to know, and would lead into the next couple of questions, she was certain, but for the time being, getting the basics set aside would be helpful.

W
    Windmill

"Frenso. The Ash Concilium's not too popular with the Golden Concilium at the moment, and Sacramento's the closest Concilium I could make a living in that I didn't need to worry about being blackballed in." Level replied in a deadpan contrast to the cheery Herald. All of that was true, and hopefully it would draw away her attention from other things, that while true didn't exactly belong in any conversation outside a confessional or a courtroom.

"Zoey"
    Sheet

PRE

"So you're here for mundane work purposes?" she inquired, though there was a lilt to her voice that indicated that she was asking for more than that. "Were you given much information on the state of the Sacramento Consilium before you came?" Arrow. Banishers. Seemed sort of like an important question.

W
    Windmill

It seemed to be time for a lesson on the Craftmasons, Level assuming that the first question could only be from ignorance. It was the equivalent of asking a Powersmith why he owned a forge or why a Euthanist was never invited to parties."Well, work purposes maybe. But I wouldn't call in mundane. That's the thing about being a Tamer of Stone, work isn't somethin' you do, it's what you are. Work's our purpose, our duty to humanity. That's not the sort of thing you drop because it's inconvinient."

"Regardin' your other question" He continued, returning to the matter at hand. "I know that there's a big banisher problem, centered around the universities, but not much more." Enough for him though. Banishers; he didn't know whether to pity or hate them, though he was certainly prejudiced towards the latter. What sort of person could look at the supernal and then decide, rationally or otherwise, that everyone else who'd seen it needed to die? And... whispered a voice from the bleak and cold depths of his mind, why didn't they start with themselves?

"Zoey"
    Sheet

PRE

Taking the opportunity to listen patiently to the man, Zodiac offered an indulgent smile to the man. "Sorry, allow me to redirect the intention of the question after a brief pause. My name is Zodiac, I am one of the Heralds of this Consilium, a Sphinx of the Visus Draconis. I am well-versed in many legacies, so I apologize if I insulted you in my query, but to clarify... You left your former Consilium, and your specific statement was 'make a living'... This indicates that your move was financially-based, which is interesting enough to hear out of a Moros, but people do have tendencies towards a variety of things."

Perhaps he would better understand her with the knowledge of her Legacy in return. Questions, riddles and puzzles were a natural thing to her... natural to work out. "The Banishers are indeed an issue. Many of our local Cabals are currently in the process of working on that - I don't suppose you've come to contribute?" The question was polite, as was the smile on her face. Notes were jotted down fairly absently, nothing concealed about them. It seemed, for all intents and purposes, to be a list of names written out in a rather elegant scrawl, each letter perfectly in its own place... precisely as she wanted it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.