Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Private)Looking for alliances

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    R
    Rantifusa

During the Consilium Einstein showed that she is willing to stand for freedom and democracy, even if that means getting more powerful mages pissed off at her. Hope honestly thought Einstein was just another one of the unfortunately numerous libertines that don't dare to face those in power. They want to be heard, but that's all, they don't fight, they don't stand against them. However, what she did and said on the consilum wasn't a proof that she is willing to go all the way in the fight, so Hope needed to test her.

The Acanthus called Einstein to Cesar Chavez Plaza Park at 07:07 pm. And at that exact hour she arrives to the fountain in the center of the park and looks around to see if the other Libertine arrived as well.

. Cabochard .

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein wasn't quite sure why Hope had called her out in the early night, but she was sure it was for something dark and nefarious. She'd snuck out of the Sanctum, dressed especially for the occasion. A beige trenchcoat, black trilby, and sunglasses. The sunglasses, of course, were getting in the way, what with the dark. But, no one ever said dressing for the occasion would be easy or practical.

She approached Hope, sidestepping across the plaza around the fountain to stand next to her. "Pssst. It's me. E. What did you want to talk about?" Code-language. Very important for secret meetings.

R
    Rantifusa

Hope smiled when she saw Einstein dressed like that. She is funny...

But she was not here for fun, she needed to know more about Einstein, and see if they could work together.

"Hello Eee. You arrived on time. I'm sorry I had to set the meeting at this hour... I mean, it's really cold, but I'm sure that at 07:07 am it's even colder, so this was like the best option... Anyway... down to business."

Hope opened her mouth as if she was going to say something but she didn't know what to say... Well, she KNEW what to say, she wanted to say 'what's the deal?', but she didn't know HOW to say it.

Finally after some unconfortable seconds of silence she said "What's the deal?"

Shit...

"I mean... huh... you know... there is something wrong in this city, and our whole society actually, and we have to do something about it... You seem like you really want to DO and not just stay and watch. Since I came here I've looking for people to work with... you know, not like in a cabal, but like two normal people, and more I hope, working for something important."

The Acanthus was not sure if Einstein understood her words... but she didn't want to repeat them in case she would make it more confusing and just waited for her answer.

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein raises an eyebrow at the woman. From how she was talking, she was clearly confused. And why could meetings only be had at 7:07? Was that some sort of secret spy code? Should she have understood what was being said? Maybe she shouldn't say anything. Not demonstrate her ignorance.

Einstein listened to Hope's rambling talk, trying to get meaning out of all of it. What was she trying to say? Something wrong? "Well, yeah. There's something wrong. And I'm trying to fix it, from on the Council. The Consilium's Council, not just, you know, our Council." She had a thought, and decided to enact it. Even if it was late, that was no reason to get caught breaching Secrecy. She reached out to the energies, dragging them down to disrupt the sound.

P1 Control Sound
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-19 00:34:28 Einstein rolls 4 to Control Sound (Force + Gnosis) (10 Again) 2, 1, 9, 4 1 success

That done, she went back to talking. "Why are you talking to me about this? If you want people to take action, just talk to the rest of the Libertines, at a meeting. That's what the meetings are for, and taking action is what we do."

R
    Rantifusa

Something didn't sound right "Wait wait wait, what do you mean by 'from the consilium's council' ". News about Einstein's new position hadn't reached Hope ears until now. "You mean like... you are a counsilor now?"

Hmmm... this is even better, but it changes the scenario.

"Yeah, of course I know that the Free Council meetings are exactly for that... but I don't know... I thought... I mean, don't think about this as a proposal, maybe my choice of words wasn't the right one" It was, but she didn't expect this new information. "I just want to know more about your views, you know? like... political views on our society. Don't blame me for being too careful when trying to get to know other libertines, I have been disappointed many times."

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

PRE

Einstein nodded at Hope's first question. "Yep. Councilor for the Obrimos. No one else wanted it, so it got pinned on me. Now they're probably watching me like hawks, just waiting for me to screw up so they can yell 'Aha! I knew it!'."

Hope's next line of questioning got a raised eyebrow. "My political views of our society?" It was starting to sound a lot like an interview for a newspaper. 'Excuse me miss Senator, what are your views on the economic situation?' seemed like it would be the next question. "My views are that the Consilium is a fine organization. The powers just need to be more evenly distributed and better understood." She picked her words carefully. "Yes, I know, Hierarchy Fosters The Lie, but it's not Hierarchy. It's a representative democracy, or it should be, and while it's not perfect, it's a step in the right direction. And right now a step is what's needed, since the Consilium is just getting back on its feet."

R
    Rantifusa

"Well, I can agree on that... I mean... there HAS to be some kind of organization. And it definetly needs representation... now... how do we get that representation? The diamond doesn't give crap about democracy and nobody will convince them about it... they have their traditions. It's great that you are a counsilor now, it makes things easier for us, but let me tell you that you will hit a wall... they won't let you do anything..." Hope plays with the buttons of her jacket for a few seconds and then continues "The consilium is their game and it can only be played by their rules... be careful about it"

There was a change in Hope's expression, from distraction and confusion to concentration and a serious attitude, Einstein could see this before during the last Free Council assembly.

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

PRE

Einstein frowned. "No, it's not. You think the Free Council is playing baseball with the Assembly, and the Diamond is playing football with the Consilium." Running metaphors come in handy. And when it comes to games and rules, no one has it down like sports. They practically invented those. "But that's not how it works. The Free Council plays baseball with the Assembly, and the Diamond plays football with the Diamond." Maybe she should have said the Diamond played baseball. Cause, diamonds. And bases. There was something there.

"The Consilium is one big game of Calvinball we're all playing together." That was something that had taken a while to realize, but looking at how the laws were made it was pretty obvious. "We don't play by their rules, and they don't play by ours, because the rules are fluid. Anytime the representatives want to change them, they can change. So, you're wrong. The Consilium isn't their game, played by their rules. They proved that at the last meeting. It's a game we're all playing, by rules we made up that morning. They just happen to be a little better at playing it."

R
    Rantifusa

There is no point in discussing this anymore... she believes in it...

"And what's the plan? What's next? What do we do now?"
    Hope clearly looks a bit disappointed when asking those questions.

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

PRE

Einstein cocked her head to the side. "Now?" Wasn't it obvious? "Now, we wait. We watch. We keep an eye on the Consilium, and the big game, and we make sure the rules stay the way we want them to be, or become more the way we want them to be." She shrugs. "Just cause they're better at playing the game doesn't mean we can't win. It just might require a little cheating every now and then." 'Winning' being making it more democratic, of course. And bringing it further from the Hierarchy. Fixing the laws should be enough, as far as Einstein was concerned. Although some of the positions had a little too much power for her taste.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.