Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(Dark Wings) The Beginning and the End

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    E
    Eris

Damascus glanced up from the pamphlets before her to offer Truce's inquiry a shrug. “Possibly, though fortune telling isn’t my area.” She nodded first to Gyges, then to Einstein. “Sure, I can help you get a look at them, though if Truce’s gonna poke the hornet's nest then I’ll extend the working so that it doesn’t cut out on him.”

The Shaman focused on the effect she desired of the supernal, the magic which allowed her to perceive and parley with ephemeral beings taking shape before her. Tweaking the imago slightly, the Shaman extended the effect beyond herself and onto first Crowley, then Truce.

Cast Spirit Tongue on herself, then Crowley and then Truce
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-13 14:36:08 Damascus rolls 4 to cast Spirit Tongue on Truce (Gno + Spi -2 (24Hour Duration)) (10 Again) 1, 3, 8, 6 1 success
    2015-02-13 14:25:46 Damascus rolls 6 to cast Spirit Tongue (Gno + Spi) (10 Again) 8, 8, 5, 10, 4, 4, 3 3 successes
    2015-02-13 14:24:12 Damascus rolls 6 to cast Spirit Tongue on Crowley (Gno + Spi) (10 Again) 4, 8, 7, 2, 7, 10, 8 3 successes
    She offered Parliament a small nod of acknowledgement as his feathered fractals formed before her, then eyed the pair she'd targeted with her will to see whether they would react to the sudden appearance of Mella’s scaled form upon her shoulder. “I can lend a hand with online searches if I can get to a computer, but perhaps I should go with Truce to the gallery and watch his back. I don’t really have any connections to call up for info, but I can shield him from any ephemeral attacker and help keep an eye out, two pairs of eyes and all that.”

“If someone’s gonna talk to her, perhaps it should be another artist?” Did she really want to speak with the person who had painted… that? No. Would she? Yes, if it would help her Caballies. “Crowley, could you predict whether I'd come to any harm from conversing with the woman?”

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce doesn't resist Damascus's working, allowing the Imago to reform his perceptions and gazes through a wholly different lens into Twilight. Lamellar is revealed to him, the black and gold scales of the long-tailed creature causes Truce to stare in wonder. He also glances at the shifting fractals that make up Parliament on the couch.

"Fascinating," he says with a genuine smile. He makes an attempt to suppress his intrigue in order to return to their discussion. "Ehem, right. Well, umm, does this mean we should head over to the Gallery location to scout it out? The gate into Twilight takes a bit of time to open for me. About three hours I would say, that is if I get it right the first time. And then it only remains open for another hour after that thereabouts. Oh, and it's probably best if we look for a location where the barrier into that realm is thinnest. I don't suppose you could help with that too, Damascus?"

E
    Eris

Damascus smiled and offered Parliament a nod of greeting, it never hurt to acknowledge someone’s presence and she found she liked the feathered spirit; he had a sort of affronted dignity about him that she found both endearing and amusing in almost equal measure.

“Anyone who knows a bit of Spirit can find a spot where the Gauntlet is weak, if you want me to make it easier for you to bridge the gap then I’d need to use a Hallow though. I don’t want to use the one upstairs; it would be like leaving the house with the door wide open. If we need to get in and out in under an hour then I may have an idea about transport…

The Shaman's eyes shifted to the Herald in their midst, wondering whether he'd react in much the same manner as Truce to the sudden appearance of the familiars.

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

The Acanthus remained a crumpled mess in his chair - initially. Once the working was complete and he saw the room anew, there was no mistaking the sheer joy that washed over him. He rocked in his seat, a big grin breaking out on his face.

"Oh boy!" He chortled. Nay - he laughed. "How are you going, guy?" he inquired of the fractal owl. Rubbing his face he fished for his coin. "Okay. You want me to ask if your owl buddy will get attacked if he visits the gallery tomorrow, right?" He is nodding, fingers flexing as he readies his coin and puts together an Imago in his mind: a vortex pulling in all probabilities until only two broad categories remain.

He spins the coin, words of power spilling from his lips.

Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-17 02:53:21 Crowley cast Augery on Parliament the Familiar rolls 7 to GNO + Time + HS (10 Again) 8, 5, 1, 1, 2, 3, 10, 3 2 successes

5. Likes Cayce liked this post

The coin spun, metal resounding off of wood until the mass of the earth drew it down, smothering the momentum from its molecules until it lay still. The Universe, having had no question directed at it, remained silent. No image appeared across Crowley's eyelids. No cosmic voice echoed an answer into his skull, or puppeted his tongue or the strings in his throat. Crowley's Supernal Will went ignored. Perhaps if he asked the question differently the Universe might respond, spiteful thing that it was.

7. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Shit..." the chastened Acanthus mumbled. Shaking his head he tried again, setting the coin to spin as he constructed another imago around it in his mind.

"Will Parliament be attacked if he visits the Gutenburg Gallery tomorrow?"

Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-21 18:55:18 Crowley casts Augery on Parliament the Familiar rolls 6 to GNO + Time + HS (second attempt) (10 Again) 10, 4, 4, 1, 9, 9, 7 3 successes

Once more the room begins to spin with the coin, seemingly bound to the little disc, chained to its momentum, and just when the coin falls, and the room begins to still, another answer appears beneath Crowley's eyelids.

Answer

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley whistled and clicked his tongue.

"Universe says no... I guess its okay to take Parliament along with you as per your plan." The Acanthus pinched the bridge of his nose, and shook himself.

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

The Universe...well, the Universe should know what was what. It was in charge, after all.

Einstein nods at Crowley. "Cool. I'm sure Parliament would be happy to help you guys out around the Gallery, especially if he doesn't have a chance of getting attacked." She pauses. "You know, attacked is a really specific question. It doesn't guarantee not getting hurt." What constituted an 'attack' for the Universe, anyway? Would a trap count? These were all important questions that she should probably ask. "I mean, what makes up an attack, exactly? For...whatever answers the questions."

She waits for another second. "But, if that's not really an important question," Which she seriously doubted. "or at least one that can't be answered, do we have any more real planning we can do before knowing more? Because I can go and get a head start on research and drop some calls to the college to see if anyone will help me out."

Feel free to 'split up' whenever ready for those doing more contacts/allies/research rolls. Just post roll results here. Also, feel free to post questions in the Dark Wings OOC thread. Just taggle me.

Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread