Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne sits in jeans and a black jacket. Freakonomics is held in one hand and a coffee in the other as she reads a few lines. Then looks around, then reads some more.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

The Emissary of the Veil puts down her book and checks the time. Pulling out her phone she shoots a quick text to her new friend Sirith then goes back to her book and coffee.

Who would have thought to use life insurance like that?

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

Some smartly dressed Asian woman walks into the cafe with a phone in her hand - seemingly she just got a text. She calls back to Ariadne while looking around.

No visible sign of an Awakened in sight... But electronics almost never lie.

Pre-cast, Misperception (Pot 5), Mind's Eye (Pot 1)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-05 16:22:53 Namkha rolls 7 to Mind's Eye (Gno+Mind+HS) (10 Again) 4, 3, 1, 5, 8, 4, 7 1 success
    2015-02-05 16:20:43 Namkha rolls 7 to Misperception (Gno + Mind + HS) (10 Again) 5, 5, 10, 6, 8, 9, 10, 8, 2 5 successes

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

Putting down her book Ariadne picks up and answers her phone.

"Hello?"

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Namkha smiles seeing the redhead answering her phone. She ends the call and joins the other Guardian by the table, reaching her hand out for a handshake.

"Miss Murphy, I'm glad I got to meet you. Name's Namkha, I called."

After the handshake (or lack of it) she sits down and orders a caffè latte and a strawberry shortcake. The Asian turns to Ariadne.

"I'm really sorry for asking you to come on such a short notice, but I don't want to be seen as tardy."

"Speaking frankly - I'm coming from the San Francisco branch to observe the high ranking employee who arrived from our branch previously. I'm also to cooperate with the local branch, so I'd like to ask what I could help with."

After the Consilium issue, Namkha hoped that no-nonsense style could work at least with an Epopt...

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

Ariadne shakes Namkha's hand after watching the elegant women walk over. The book goes to her right side and the coffee now sits between two hands resting on the table.

"Hm. Your branches previous employee has not left a good feeling around town. There was a prolonged confusion as to your associates allegiances. While laudable, it was not well received by anyone. I'm going to guess that is why you were hung up?"

The cup of coffee gets moved an inch.

"Your associate has not reported in in quite some time. She left abruptly and we're wondering where she has gone. "

Otto Cash

Mien

Mantle

Namkha gives a light smile and a short "Thank you" to the waiter who brings her her order, and contemplates the snowflake pattern on top of the coffee while Ariadne's talking.

"I can guess, but I'm not my associate and I came as openly as possible. My point was made clearly. Miss Zoey just chose not to listen, I guess."

A shrug. "It doesn't matter. What matters is business. I was said that there is an investigation regarding my associate; if there is such, I'd like to join it, if not, I'd like to make one. I have no direct interest in the matter of the branch, aside of its well-being and helping it when needed."

A sip of coffee.

"That's why I called you. To show my good will by showing open cards, because I can understand your branch doesn't trust mine, and to check if my help might be in demand. I specialize in observation and short-term risk management. I also know a fair bit about law and I have manual skills."

The woman, all calm, takes a fork and sticks a strawberry from the top of a shortcake on it. She looks at it for a few seconds before finally deciding to eat it.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

"..the actions of your associate did not reflect well on us. Personally I don't find her actions as appalling as much as her inaction the entire time." Ariadne waves with her coffee.

"Anyway, I believe that an investigation is going to be occurring? I have stepped down from management and am enjoying my old job."
    A sip of her own coffee.

"There's discretion and then making us look like idiots." Ariadne shrugs. "I am sure management will enjoy having another pair of feet on the ground. Even if it may take time for you to be trusted fully."

Otto Cash

Mien

Mantle

Namkha nods. She feels more relaxed and that she can trust, even a little, the woman sitting before her. In the city of hot-heads, a shred of reason looks like a paradise island. Even if the one reasonable person would betray you later.

The Asian smiles to the redhead. "Thank you for your consideration. I'm glad there are more reasonable people; Bishop made a good impression on me. Would you mind sharing whom I should contact for some duties then, if you're not the manager of this branch?"

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

"Hmm, Nous can help you with that." Ariadne replies after a few moments of fingers playing along the sides of her coffee. No need to burn bridges but lying would not be efficient.

Hopefully Namkha is truly in town to work with the Veil and not supervise another attempt to annex the city.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread