Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She found a spot under some trees to spread the blanket and sat. Her blue eyes move up, looking at the sun light peeking through the various branches. And her mind swam with many different ideas.

If she was being honest with herself, the decision to suddenly leave was in her best interest. Cause frankly with how everything seemed to be falling into place it freaked her out. The question that burned on her mind as she drove out of Sacramento and headed to where she knew her mother was, could she be happy settling down? Could she give up traveling? Could she open herself and allow herself to trust others? There was Striker and the Cabal, and she didn’t expect either to welcome her back with open arms.

But she wasn’t a fool, despite her Path. She knew there was a strong chance Striker wouldn’t show up to talk with her. She violated the trust of those around her, those who took a chance with her. She hurt them, and knew it might not be able to fixed. But, her mother was right, she would never be full and happy on the road forever. She needed to open herself to those around her and settle. Sure, she loved performing, and lived for it. But what she longed for was real, honest relationships.
    So here she sat, a hand nervously picking at the grass. She at least hoped to keep his friendship, and maybe more if Fate was smiling and being kind to her today.

Her clothes fit her somber mood. A light lavender tank top with boyfriend style jeans with numerous holes in the legs. She was barefoot, having shed her sneakers to let her feet feel the grass between her toes. Of course her iPod was in, and her hair was down and she wore no makeup.

Striker

T

Striker was a jumble of conflicting emotions and feelings as he entered the park. He felt betrayed, yet guilty. He was frustrated and relieved at the same time. But he wouldn't ignore the message he'd received and he couldn't, no didn't want to, avoid Faye. He wanted to understand, to know her reasons for just dissappearing without a word. They'd promised honesty to each other so he had no doubt that everything would be revealed. Though he wasn't sure exactly what everything encompassed at the moment.

He trudged along the path wearing new jeans and boots, a dark grey polo shirt and a determined look on his face. When he looked up and saw Faye his heart jumped a little and his expression brightened a degree. He swallowed and maintained his pace as he approached, watching to catch her eye.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Her eyes lingered for a few moments on the rays of sun before they found Striker. It was weird and new to her what she felt at that moment, seeing him walk towards her. Was she glad he came? Absolutely. Was she scared and unsure of what would happen? Without a doubt. But he deserved an explanation, and no matter how the events played out, she wouldn’t deny the flutter in her stomach at seeing him.

Unsure of what to make of the feelings, she stands, hands absently dusting off nonexistent dirt and grass off her jeans.

As he got closer, she removed her sunglasses. Knowing it would be rude not to make eye contact during this difficult talk. She gently tossing the shades on the blanket and her free hands nervously worked the hem of her shirt.

Her lips formed into a timid smile,

“Hey.”
    She says, “Wasn’t sure you would come, thanks.” She then motions to the blanket. “Wanna sit?”

T

Striker maintained his pace as he got nearer. He stopped a meter from her, his eyes spoke of disappointment and reluctance and he looked first at her, then the blanket she offered. "Hey." he said feeling hollow. No he didn't want to sit. He wanted to run and fall down and get up and keep running. He wanted to hug her and tell her it was ok and at the same time yell at her for leaving without saying a word. He wanted to tell her he was sorry and demand an apology from her as well as not say anything, but just lie on the blanket together and enjoy the beautiful day in the park together.

He felt like he was cheating them both when he did none of those things but instead slowly took a seat on the blanket. "You ok?" he asked, wondering why. Was it that he cared or that he wanted to know if she had a reason for her absence? He didn't know the answer to that question.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The look in his eyes cut her to the core. And at that point she wanted to grab the threads of Time and change how she left. She wanted to take the hurt and disappointment from his eyes and have him pull her into his arms and tell her it was all ok. But she knew it wasn’t.

She sat after he did,

“Better now.” She replied. “How about you? Been keeping busy?” And then a deep breath was taken before she spoke again.

“I wanted to apologize for leaving without saying anything. And you deserve an explanation.”
    She said softly as her eyes turned downward. “It was a shitty thing to do to you, especially after our talk.” Her eyes then turn up towards his, “I’m not proud of what I did, but hope you will listen to my reasons.”

T

Better. So it had been worse? He felt awful for thinking it, but for him that somehow made it ok. Not ok. But, at least there was a reason. A reason that wasn't him. She was just a victim of the whims of Fate. Something had come up and it wasn't the fault of either of them. Striker's grim expression softened. It almost looked like he was about to try to smile.

"Um. Yeah. Things have really sucked for me lately so I've been tryin' to deal with all that." he wasn't accusing her, but the implication was there. She wasn't there when he could have used help. "What um. What happened?" he asked looking into her eyes, searching for the reason he'd been abandoned.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

There was a slight flinch at his words. She told him she would be there for him if he needed her, and it sounded like he needed her. And she wasn’t there for him, how could she ask for his forgiveness?

She nervously bit her bottom lip before speaking again, searching for the right words. “The simple explanation? I got scared. It all hit me at once, I was putting roots down for the first time in my life. And it scared the hell out of me. So I did what I do best, I ran.” Her eyes look to his with regret and shame, her voice was soft.

“I got in my car and drove. I wasn’t really sure where I was going, but I ended up with my parents. And my mom helped me put everything into perspective. Her words made me realize that what I wanted was here. The chance to experience another side of life, with friends and those I have come to care for. Did I handle it right?” she says before shaking her head, “No, and I wish I had done things differently.”

T

He saw the pain in her eyes. She was scared? Scared of making friends? Of getting close to him?

"Did I do somethin' wrong? Or was it someone else?" He asked trying to understand. "Or were you just dealin' with your own stuff?" He paused. "Ya know. I used to try an' hide from my problem when I was a kid. But. It just kept getting worse til I faced it. Once you know how to meet it on it's own terms. Then you can really deal with it." he said resolutely before looking away at a tree swaying gently in the breeze.

He looked back at Faye and a small smile finally made it's way onto his face. "Hey." he said, "I'm glad you're back. Missed you." he felt like his heart began beating again as though it had been frozen in ice since he'd entered the park.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A soft smile appeared as she shook her head, “You did nothing wrong.” She says, wanting to reach out and take his hand. But she doesn’t, unsure of how it would be received. “And it wasn’t anyone else.” Replies the Enchantress.

“Dealing with my own stuff is a good way of putting it, and I felt overwhelmed by how things were going. It’s kinda scary to decide to change the whole way you have lived your life. And I’m not sure, but maybe in a way I’m afraid of getting close to people.” She says with a sigh and a shrug. “But thankfully my mom opened my eyes and made me realize the risk was orth the rewards.”

The small smile from Striker made her heart beat a little faster. “I’m glad I’m back too. And I missed you too.”

T

"Ok." Striker replied, nodding in understanding. "Yeah I get that. The people that hurt you most are the ones you expect to care about you." he looked away for a few seconds then looked back smiling. "Your mum sounds nice." he commented a little more brightly.

Wihout saying another word he shifted over to sit on Faye's left side, still facing her so that he could lean over and embrace her.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread