Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Measuring the Mysterium

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

"Thank you," says Truce appreciatively.

"Right, well, regarding the Mysterium. I have a Mentor currently who I met when I lived in Arizona who is a Mystagogue. He's given me some hints as to the Mysterium's role. Darkslide too was saying that the Mysterium is tasked with uncovering secrets from the past as well as providing knowledge to the rest of the Pentacle on the conditions that they be worthy to receive it or at least willing to reciprocate the favor. So I suppose my first question is how accurate that is and if there's anything you might like to add to that explanation. And then my second question would be about the Mysterium's relationship with the other Orders, how well they tend to work together or if the Mysterium considers itself more self-sufficient, or rather, less dependent on the rest of Mage society. I hope that makes sense?"

Miach

PRE

Listening silently to the man's summary of his Order's self-assigned duties, Miach waited until he had finished to nod, and then expand upon it.

"Your summary is as correct as it goes, yes." Though Truce's sentence didn't carry any hint of judgement in it, Miach hoped the man would see it in the positive light of an Order dedicated to the Truth and the Greater Good, and not as some petty hoarders. "This is our way of fighting against Banishers, Seers, etc."

"As for your second question, yes, it makes sense. And the answer is pretty easy, really. We are but a part of the Diamond, and we of course work with all the others of goodwill to meet our goals." he replied honestly. They were so few of them to begin with...

Then, to add a bit of levity, he couldn't help but add "So, you interested ?" with the fake smile of a salesman trying to hook someone. "Or I guess you have more precise questions, perhaps ?" it wouldn't be a surprise. They were barely scratching the surface, after all.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

"Yes, I am interested," Truce replies, though doesn't continue right away, as if considering what Miach had to say, affirming his assumptions.

"And yes, I do have more questions. More specifically I'm curious what relationship the Mysterium has with the Silver Ladder and how you cooperate with them. Also, what does a person have to do to prove their worthiness, or rather, their competence in being granted access to Mysterium secrets? What is the Mysterium doing right now for Sacramento's Consilium and what might I be expected to do to assist the Mysterium if granted membership? I suppose I might keep asking questions if allowed, sorry. I'm just very, umm, undecided regarding this. I'm hoping that the more I know the easier it will be to choose. I don't want you to think that I consider it my sole decision. Obviously this is for the Mysterium to decide if I'm a worthy candidate rather than the other way around. So I apologize if I seem self-absorbed."

Miach

PRE

Shaking his head to dismiss the man's doubts, Miach readily tried to provide answers, as best he knew them.

"First..." he said, raising his index "our relationship to the Silver Ladder. I would have said nearly none in the past, or not formally at least, but since Curator Primoria is now the Cabalmate of the Hierarch... I guess this assessment may no longer be correct."

"Second." And this time the middle finger was raised "As for the way to prove yourself, it will once again be in the hands of the Curator. There's usually Time magic involved to provide you with a quest of sorts. Complete it, and you've proved yourself."

"Third." Ring-finger. "Merely upholding our precepts should be enough to help Sacramento. But I've once gone on an errand to recover dangerous books from the wrong hands, for instance..." and he shrugged. No need to add that he had only partially completed the job.

"Don't worry, joining an Order is not something to be done lightly. You are not choosing a new set of shoes, after all ! It's better if you make an educated decision, no matter what the decision from this end will be." and his smile was positively hopeful. Fear not, be honest to yourself, and you'll be fine.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

Truce seems to relax as Miach's reassurances wear away his anxieties. If anything, Truce does appear to take Miach's words seriously. "Ah, yes, I had forgotten they announced their Cabal formation. So I suppose everything is on a case-by-case basis. That's also a relief to know that the Time Arcanum is a factor of initiation as I am well-practiced in it, at least to the level of an Apprentice."

Truce seems lost in thought again, his eyes staring distantly in front of him but seeing something else. After a moment he looks back to Miach. "And you're happy with your decision to join the Mysterium, Miach? You're satisfied with its progress in the city?" It seems to bring the conversation to a more personal level, but it seems like the best way to filter out any formal obligation to sing the Mysterium's praises.

Miach

PRE

Are you happy to have joined the Mysterium ? It was all in that, wasn't it ? No... Miach wasn't happy. The knowledge he was given access to wasn't what he would have liked, and it wasn't comforting either. And yet... it called to a sense of Greatness, somehow... Definitly not happy, but neither regretting it one bit either.

"I am content that I have joined the Mysterium. As for its part in Sacramento, honestly, there's much to be done. And every hand would be welcome." he stated once again with a broad smile.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

"I see, that's what I thought," replies Truce with a soft smile. "I had a feeling the Mysterium's presence was needful. Regardless of what I decide I would like to see that the Mysterium receives the assistance it needs to remain active. Anyways, I guess that's all I had to ask about your Order. I do appreciate you taking the time to speak with me about this. It must seem like an inconvenience for so little. I want to be honest with you, the reason I mentioned the Silver Ladder before was because I am also considering membership with them as well. I hope you don't take offense by this, but I had spoken with Pepper about a meeting. I think I'll have an answer for you afterwards regarding my interest. Based on your answers I know if I pursued the Mysterium that I would do well so it really depends on where I feel I'm best suited. Is that alright?"

Truce's expression remains apologetic. He knows there isn't really anything to feel bad about, especially since Miach had already supported his methods of remaining educated in his decision, but the guilt is difficult to shake.

Miach

PRE

"The Ladder is as needed as we are, that's what history has proved." Miach said, hoping to relieve the man from any unneeded pressure. "Your choice will of course be alright, and all the more so if it's a weighed one. Don't worry." he repeated, smiling friendly to the other Awakaned.

"If you feel the need to talk some more, please do not hesitate."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

"The Mysterium is lucky to have you, Miach. I'm grateful for your understanding and I'm certain your fellow members are as well. Again, thank you for your time." Truce again offers his hand to shake. "I will speak with you soon."

With his questions answered, Truce prepares to leave. He has a good feeling about Miach and the Mysterium. When and if Truce becomes ready he hopes to do all he can to help strengthen their Order and perhaps even speak with the Curator.

Ready to wrap up! Thanks for the scene!

Miach

PRE

Miach shook his head in denegation. Certainly he was the one lucky to have been taken in by the Mysterium, and he knew it. "Thank you for going out on a limb and asking your questions plainly." Taking the hand offered, Miach shook it back firmly. "Whenever you wish. It is fine."

Leading the man outside, Miach's spirit was rising. Hopefully he had answered Truce's questions properly, and given the man the proper perspective on the Mysterium. Hopefully, he would soon join them, and strengthen their dwindling order. Hopefully, he would find his way, because that was the best thing one could wish to anyone.

End Scene. Thank you very much !

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread