DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

David concentrates...

For a brief moment, the pixelated nightmare that is the Kindred's face shifts back into something approaching a true picture. Long face; thin mouth; metallic red lipstick smudged by blood; hard eyes; red hair streaked with a mix of colours. She is obviously enjoying her victim's pain - the glee is writ large on her face. Is she winking at the camera?

He does not know this Kindred.

Flash of impressions: jumbled, second hand. Purple. Deep Red. Violet. Dark Green.

C
    Casitive

“I don't recognize them,” David states simply as he pulls his hand away from the photograph. “But, she carries the look of a sadist about her; all excitement and envy interposed with lust and pure aggression. She has dyed streaks in her red hair along with a long-face, hard-eyes, and a thin mouth.”

Slowly, David takes the photograph and offers it back to Fionn.

“I hope that helps, Mr. McAlister.”

S
    Soderbok

Fionn nodded slowly in understanding.

"That will do very nicely, thank you. This will get me pointed in the right direction. There are a few small things I'd like to mention and clear up before I depart.

1) As the Reeve's office has asked people doing their own investigations to check in with them so they can know when something untoward has happened. Would you like me to check in with you and if so how and how often?"

Fionn raised a finger on his left hand as he spoke, counting it with his right hand. His voice calm, clear and professional.

"2) Would you like me to check in with the Reeves office and go with a deputy to clear up the scene so it won't attract any unwanted attention? "

Fionn added a finger to his tally and continued.

3)
    "When we were at the Circle's big Winter Ritual, I heard you mention that you followed some religious practices. After finding out how the two kine died in that warehouse, I was wondering if you could mention them in your prayers. I wouldn't treat vermin like they were treated and I'd like to do something to...give them some peace.
    "

Fionn added a further finger to his count, but his voice sounded more sombre, respectful of the memory of those found in the warehouse.

C
    Casitive

David's lips purse together into a thin line as he considers Fionn's question, “Check in with me when you have found a break-through of some note. Let us make that a moving target.” The creaking of a chair pierces the air as David shifts on it, piling up his own materials. “Do as the Reeve requests. If he requests that a Deputy go with you, as backup, go ahead.”

Settling the last of his books on a small pile, David turns back towards Fionn, “I will, of course Mr. McAlister, add them in my prayers.”

S
    Soderbok

Fionn gathered up his materials and returned them to where he had been storing them.
    The laptop gave a soft burst of music, a brief whine of fans and powered off.
    It slid into the satchel and was zipped safely inside.

Fionn reached inside his jacket and removed a small metallic business card case.
    Opening the case he takes out 2 business cards and places them on the desk.

The first is a business card for a Private Investigator Frank Maloney with a contact telephone number, the second is a business card for a hotel in the city The Claire written in pencil on the back is 3 digit number.

"I want to be a polite and respectable Shadow so I'm giving you my personal information. The first business card is my business card, the name is my professional one, it has my contact information should you need to contact me for any reason. The second is where I'm staying while I'm in town, the number is my room number. "

Fionn paused for a moment, holding the satchel with his left hand, it hung slightly moving on its strap.

Fionn slowly dropped to one knee, clenched his right hand into a fist and struck his chest over his heart. The satchel making a dull thump as it reached the floor. Fionn broke eye contact for the first time and lowered his head; staring right between his bent knee and his left shoe.

"I thank you for your patience and your wisdom Noble Priscus. May the family prosper under your guidance and the nights be kind to us all. By Your leave I will depart and take up no more of your time."

It was a strange theatrical gesture but it was clearly a familiar action, it seemed archaic and yet displayed great respect and reverence. His voice was different from his normal speaking voice, more ritualised and formal.

After holding the position for a respectable amount of time, Fionn straightens and unless his Priscus prevents his leaving, departs leaving the door as he found it.

C
    Casitive

David only nods faintly towards Fionn's anachronistic display of abeyance, “That's unnecessary, really Mr. McAlister.” As much as the Libitinarius is slowly turning into his sire, overt formal displays still sets him to unease. David doesn't stop Fionn from leaving and once the Irish Shadow has vacated the room, does David set about to leaving the chamber himself.

End Scene. Look forward for Mekhet Office Hours 3!

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.