Watch
11 - 17
DISPLAYED
(Private) High School All Over Again

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Gyges
    Gyges

PRE

"No, once I have it better defined I want to propose it at a meeting where we can discuss it." He tidies up his little area and daubs his mouth with a napkin. "For that exact reason. We have to agree to it unanimously otherwise it won't work. And if we piss the council off enough I'd like to see them try and strip our recognition. The Council is on shaky enough ground as it is, they can't afford to set that precedent." He waits to see if Einstein understands why or if she asks him to elaborate.

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein nodded at his plan for presentation. "Sounds good." She took a moment to gather some papers on the floor and reorganize them on her desk. "I can understand the logic behind that. If they do that then they make it clear to the Cabals that they are dictators, who believe their word is law. But, have you been paying attention to how they've been doing things? It being a bad idea is no guarantee that they won't do it." She raised a hand. "I'm not saying we shouldn't do it. I like this plan. But, we should have a plan for if it goes the bad way. After all, by then, they might have enough of a stranglehold to not be afraid of showing their true colors."

Gyges
    Gyges

PRE

"I have. I don't believe the Council is united enough to pull that kind of thing right now. If we do this and we do it right, they won't be." When one group has too much control over an administration, what comes out is biased. If the Cabal can keep everyone working against each other for a common purpose, what comes out is more effective and better aligns for the benefit of the Consilium. "And really, what I'm suggesting is a preventative measure. If they have or get enough of a stranglehold so that they're unopposed and they cut us out, do we really want to be part of that? An action like that would risk fracturing everyone back into the chaos that the Council claims they want to avoid. Then they'll have too much on their plate to worry about us."

"Anyway, any plan we make now for dealing with the worse case scenario wouldn't be taking into account the situation that exists when it happens. And the others would have their own input on that sort of plan that we'd have to take into account."

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

"Fair enough. I'm with you on this plan. We'll have to see what the others think, of course. Truce is too nice, and a little naive. He'll probably want to keep to the original plan. Crowley...I can't predict. He's a Libertine, but he's too quiet to get a proper read on him. Damascus seems to be somewhere on the same level as Truce." She grinned. "Of course, just because the others don't agree won't stop you from doing it alone, I'm sure." She paused, dredging up a reference from the depths of her mind. "Keeping an eye on the Consilium, keeping the Council from banding together too much to become a potential enemy to the people?" She raised an imaginary glass. "I like it. Night gathers, and my watch begins."

Gyges
    Gyges

PRE

"If we're not all in agreement, then yes it will stop me Einstein." Gyges responds coolly. "I'm not about to bring the kind of trouble on our Cabal that this course risks bringing without everyone understanding and being willing to meet it. The Cabal comes before political aspiration, both within the city at large and in any order any of us might be a part of."

Of course, if the Cabal cannot come to an agreement she could always suggest it to the Free Council. They could run with it.

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

PRE

Huh. Surprising. She would have taken him for the kind to go ahead with his plans, regardless of who had his back. Of course, he would want people. Everyone wants backup. But it was surprising to find out he needed the Cabal to be with him to do anything. "Of course." She took a look at the clock. "Mm. Looks about time for me to get back to work."

Gyges
    Gyges

PRE

Einstein receives a raised eyebrow for a response. "Have a good day Einstein." Gyges collects his leftovers and heads out, hoping he can avoid any interaction with the inmates before he can get off campus.

Good Scene

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread