Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
THREADID

(Sparks) Dale and Kenny

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    C
    Cross

Dale's smile was met with a flash of a roguish grin. Of course he got it. Blood Talons lived a warrior's life, and by the sounds of it, Luna's Fury was pretty legitimately a Blood Talon gig. Working with the Iron Masters made plenty of sense for that purpose, too. He found himself curious who was in Skullsplitter's pack. If it was a good fit, it was a good fit - the others seemed to be arguing about something over yonder, leaving him time to learn more.

"Seems legit. There'll always be another enemy."

At Aryana's question, he gave a gentle shrug. "It's all vague. Cahalith interpret Mother's dreams as best as we can, and what I got out of the dream was that this was a place I needed to go. If I think of anything else, I'll be sure to share it, but... sometimes she suggests things, vague things like that. Be somewhere. Some omen. It's just how she do."

He fell silent, letting Dale tag the rest of Ary's question. He was just as interested in the answer as she was.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Ary nodded at Spire. "I'd appreciate that. The Cahalith always seem to get advance warning when something goes wrong. It's nice to have that advance warning with you." She looked at Dale and Allison, both of whom were being strangely quiet. Had she stumped the Alpha? It seemed like a simple enough question.

She waved a hand in front of the two silent companions. "Hello? You two still here?" Or maybe they'd been abducted by aliens. Or Spirits.

Dale Hunt

PRE

Dale listened to Kenny's words, interested in the Cahalith's dream. While he didn't have a good understanding of such things, having someone in his pack with the powers of prophecy could certainly prove beneficial.

"Yeah, I'm still here," he snapped back at the other Rahu, his predatory eyes glaring into hers for a moment. "I was interested in what Kenny here was saying." Likely more interested in that than dealing with the insolent pup and her demanding tone. "Right now, Luna's Fury is claiming Clarksburg as our turf. It's southwest to the city," he finally said in response to Aryana, cracking his neck a couple of times after saying the words. "Once Sacramento is back in the hands of Luna's children, we will lay claim to part of it of course."

He wasn't going to get into more details about it with her, because it didn't concern her at this point. However, the Rahu knew which sections of the city he would lay a claim to. The turf that once had belonged to the Crusaders, would eventually belong to him. He was the only surviving member of that pack, and he would fight to reclaim what had once belonged to them.

O
    Odentin

Allison rolls her eyes as Aryana runs her mouth off about proactivity and planning. Before she can open her mouth to respond, though, Spire and Dale take the lead, thoroughly rebuking the foolish Iminir. Seeing no reason to overkill the situation, she maintains her silence. Instead, she listens intently to Spire's tale and mulls it over in her head. Not a bad ability, all in all. Wish it could be more clear but-

Her thoughts are interrupted by a hand being waved in front of her face. Instinctively, her own hand flies up, swatting the offending limb away. Her lip curls up, baring her teeth as a low growl emanates from her throat, "I was listening, you disrespectful little shit. Rather than interrupting or paying insult to those around me by speaking without adding anything to the conversation."

Allison's eyes play over Aryana, sizing the other Rahu up.

3 successes to use Warrior's Eye on Aryana
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-04 12:18:57 Allison Hunt rolls 4 to Wits + PU Warrior's Eye (10 Again) 6, 5, 10, 10, 8, 7 3 successes

"You wanna mouth off about planning? What do you have in mind, hm? You think you're gonna walk in here and start up a new pack and take over some turf that the established packs have actually fought for? Going to take what someone else has earned and sit on your high horse and judge everyone else for actually fighting for what they have? Typical Iminir. Keep your trap shut for a while, would you. You might actually learn something."

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Warrior's Eye

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Ary frowned as the woman slapped her hand away and quite clearly starts to fall into her own anger. "Oh, my apologies, miss. It seems that in my attempt to understand the local packs, as I should, I have asked some questions. Why, I should be punished on the spot for the audacity I have demonstrated." She doesn't grace the woman with a snarl, or even a sizing up. Those were the tools of those who intended to violate the agreement of safe ground, and she was not one of those, despite how rare they seemed to be.

Her eyes fall back on the Alpha, although she is including Allison in her words. "As it happens, I do have a plan. Form a pack, stake out territory. There is no other real goal for our kind. My question was asked so that I would not end up on territory the local packs have fought for. But, clearly, you don't think that an important question to achieving that goal is actually knowing what that territory is. Unless I've missed something and the entire city is already claimed." Her eyes return to Allison. "And what is your plan? Find someone to bare your neck to and lick their boots, whether or not you know anything about them?"

C
    Cross

Kenny held up a hand gently. His powerful voice was conciliatory, the diplomatic part of the Cahalith coming to the forefront. It was a reminder - the People were One, and there was nothing to be gained from insulting one another. If things got real real, then he'd come down where he did, but there was no reason for this. Wolves sometimes needed to measure dicks, but over something so minor?

"Hey. Let's just be cool, okay, ladies? No need to bare teeth right now, right?"

He left Dale out. It wasn't his place to tell a pack Alpha what to do. He'd do what he saw fit.

"We're all on the same side here."

All is War, and part of that means knowing who stands on which side of the line.

Dale Hunt

PRE

Dale was pleasantly impressed with how Allison handled the insolent Iminir, a smirk forming across his lips as he watched her in action. When Aryana responded, he mostly just tuned her out. It was the same typical bullshit that most Storm Lords went about, thinking that they just had to be leaders due to their Tribe affiliation and what not. If she wanted to form a pack, then she was free to do so and figure her shit out on her own.

When Kenny spoke up, the Rahu turned his attention to him and nodded. "He's right. We've got enough in our hands with the Anshega," said the Alpha of Luna's Fury. "Y'all can resume this when we've dealt with them." After all, if both women were gonna have some beef between them, he wouldn't stand in the way once Sacramento had been reclaimed.

"Aryana, you say you want to form your own pack? Well, go on. Do that. Once you are an Alpha, we can discuss territory issues," said Dale to the Storm Lord in a matter-of-fact tone. There was no malice or anything, he was simply being blunt and honest with the pup. "But if you are gonna try to lay a claim on any turf in Sacramento, you better join in on the fight." Because, there was no way in hell that he was gonna let some newbie roll up and claim turf she had not fought for with her own teeth and claws.

"Unless you've got anything else, I'd suggest you go find some prospects for this pack of yours," he added after a brief pause, offering her a quick wink.

O
    Odentin

Allison snorts and shakes her head, returning her hand to her pocket and visibly relaxing as Spire speaks his piece on peace. She opens her mouth to offer her counter, but Dale beats her to the punch. She briefly considers his words, considers letting Aryana's words go without a fuss, but ultimately decides against it. She simply can not allow the Iminir to have the last word, "And of course, a hypocrite, too. I shouldn't be surprised. If you must know, I'm going to join the fight. And for that, I'll need allies. Any good Warrior knows this. I intend to earn my place in this city, no more, no less."

Once she finishes, she turns away from Aryana, facing Dale and Spire and deliberately not giving Aryana any more notice, "Annoyances aside, these past few minutes have been quite informative. What else is there to know about this city?"

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Aryana had no idea where the conversation had gone wrong. Yes, she might have been a little brusque, but they hadn't been any better. And not answering her questions didn't improve it. She had a moment where the thought Typical Suthar Anzuth. whisked through her brain, but she clamped down on it and killed it before it could take hold. No. That was not the right way. A person was to be judged on their behavior and personal achievements, not those of others of their kind. That thinking bred prejudice.

She would have fought for the last word. But, she couldn't think of any. The purpose of taking the last word was to placate the other person and 'I will, you'll see' didn't sound good. It sounded like a petulant child telling her parents that she was going to run away and join the circus. Instead she opted to get to work. Just because one pack in Sacramento was led by a moron with no understanding of what 'cooperation' means, beyond 'I fight, you fight too', didn't mean all of them were. An individual was judged on his own merits, not those of his comrades.

Without saying anything more, Ary walked off to find someone else to talk to. One of the people Dale had pointed out. At least that conversation had been useful for something.

Ary rejoins the main thread.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.