Ended
Watch

My place?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

This thread immediately follows the events of Theatre of Lights.

Kyle's apartment building. Not the Ritz by any stretch. Nine identical units face the street behind large brick interspersed with stucco. Rooms no more than 20 feet across with a single oval window in the middle of each. A few are lit. Kyle occupies the one on the left on the third floor. From the outside, the building almost looks like a quilted blanket or a strangely one-sided game of tic-tac-toe. One could actually make the joke that Kyle picked it because you literally can't miss it walking down the street. As the car pulls close, Kyle feels hesitant to point it out.

"That's... the place. The one that's all... yeaah." It almost comes out as an apology. He can only imagine what she must think. All those points you think you had? Gone, bro. Still, the Minstrel is not one to give up without a fight. He makes an purposefully awkward, squinty smile at L'aire. "We can always keep going and pretend we couldn't find the place."

S
    Sasha

L’aire was awkwardly quiet on the drive to Kyle’s place. Not more awkard than usual, but the other Fairest probably didn’t know that. Or he has figured it out by now.

They rode across town in the truck, which she still had a problem calling hers. Considering the circumstances, who wouldn’t. The Dancer wasn’t the best at navigating, but she managed to figure it out per Kyle’s instructions. She heard the apology ring in his voice and she shrugged slightly. “Did you see what I’m driving?”

“Oh, well, sorry.” L’aire breathed deeply, regretting she said what she did. “Uh, the truck I’m driving even sounds old.” It was a beater-mobile, but it had four wheels and ran. Odd for a Fairest to drive perhaps, yet, she didn’t want to give it up quite yet.

“Well, we could or go for coffee.” The Onyx chuckled a little. “Or I could drop you off and just leave.”

She pulled into a spot, parked and held her hand on the keys, not turning the truck off yet. “Is here okay?” L’aire turned to the Muse with a grin. Then Fairest realized something that she should probably ask sooner than later.

Can he even see me smile?

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

He shrugs. Kyle couldn't really make out the exact model of her ride. "You shoulda seen what I drove in high school. 92' Eagle Talon." He holds his hands up like a frame as he describes it. "Maroon, rust spots all over. One of those cars that wouldn't work unless you treated her juuuust right." Kyle takes an unexpected stroll down memory lane. That was the car he used to drive when he had his old band.

As the car pulls into a spot, Kyle turns to look at Sasha - eyes straining in the low light. Hey, she's smiling. He returns the grin with a soft smile of his own. "Yeah. People usually only complain when someone's got more than one car per unit. I don't even drive, so I think we'll be fine." This would be the first time the Minstrel even had company at his new 'pad'.

"Are you in a hurry to get home? Cuz... I wouldn't mind talking for a while. Somewhere without a live studio audience." He rolls his eyes and shakes his head. "That Wexler guy was a trip, huh?"

S
    Sasha

L’aire couldn’t really remember what the Talon looked like. She was never into cars even though some were striking enough to remember. But it was nostalgic for Kyle nonetheless. “It’s funny how cars are always referred to as female.” L’aire chuckled. “I wonder why that is really.” She shrugged, as the Fairest looked to the other.

Nodding, the Dancer turned off the truck. “Okay, that’s good. Because I really hate parallel parking this beast.” Her words a little sheepish for admitting it. “I didn’t really drive much for years. I just walked or ran to where I was going.” Or away for that matter. L’aire’s sentence didn’t seem to finish where it actually did but the subject changed again.

“Oh, we can. I didn’t have anywhere to be tonight.” A puzzling note in her voice. “Live studio audience?” She knew what it meant, but not what he meant by that phrase.

“Wexler. Yeah, seemed like a nice guy. He was probably just feeling out of place like the rest of us do for some time.” The Fairest sighed, her statement didn’t sound accurate because it felt much more like out of place forever.

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Mien

Mien

PRE

He shakes his head, making a face like he is just as lost as she is on the subject. It could be that people find cars beautiful, but who is he to bring up a thing like that? Even sitting in the passenger seat next to L'aire, her features aren't clearly defined. It strikes Kyle as ironic that she is actually as beautiful on the outside as she appears to be on the inside - but the Minstrel cannot fully appreciate how she looks.

"I don't think anyone likes parallel parking. And running is... a good way to stay healthy?" He doesn't entirely sound convinced of his own explanation. Sasha's shy, awkward ways could be a hint at something else. Enemies? Probably not. She's shown him enough tenderness to make the notion ridiculous. He'll just have to bide his time and let her reveal more about her past when and if she feels like it.

He perks up a little when she doesn't make an excuse for doing something else. I've actually gotten the 'I need to wash my hair' excuse before. His feeling of encouragement is dampened a little as his attempt to be clever goes over her head.

"It was a pretty big group, is all. Felt like I couldn't really get to know you with that many people to talk with. Plus I think Wexler was messing with us a little. He musta thought it was funny the way he-" Kyle stops mid-sentence. He looks a little embarrassed. This girl has got me all twisted up. He looks away for a second, as though he suddenly developed a shy streak.

Ok, that's a stretch.

Kyle realizes how dumb he must look and rather quickly gets a hold of himself again. He looks back to L'aire and goes back to a well-suited direct approach.

"Wexler asked if we were on a date. Probably not what you were planning on, but it didn't have a bad ring to it. So, Sasha: do you want this to be a date? Hang out in my apartment, have some semi-decent coffee, maybe get to know each other better?"

6. Likes Dark Passenger liked this post
    S
    Sasha

The Fairest chuckled slightly, nodding about parking. Then, her reply turned awkward. Maybe he got the gist of what she was saying. “Yes, healthy. Yup, that’s it.” L’aire’s violets glanced outside the truck; ever wondering if They were around. She was a Winter after all.

The Dancer nodded at first but stopped short when the Mistral kept going. “So… you’re saying you want some privacy? Well, I guess there’s certain things we can’t really talk about in public…” At least, L’aire thought that’s what he meant.

Nope, not what he meant… not what he meant at all.

He said the “D” word again, thankfully it was dark and sadly he couldn’t see her blush but she probably glowed a little. “Hangout, yeah. I do like coffee.”

The Dancer pulled the keys out of the truck and pocketed them. “Can’t really call it that when I don’t know what to call you. Or prefer to call you, err, what you want to be called.” Her brow furrowed at her own stumbling of words. “Chris? Kyle?” The Fairest wasn’t the greatest at changing the subject. L’aire turned from him, and put her hand on the door handle to get out. Pausing, looking at the steering wheel, a memory flitted through her head. She breathed in abruptly and got out of the truck, walking to the passenger side.

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Mien

Mien

PRE

Shit. What am I getting myself into? Kyle has done his fair share of running, sure. But most of it was just to be on the safe side. If Sasha is actually running from something and they get close...

Screw it. I'll take my chances. He recovers with a confident smile and tips his head towards the ugly unique apartment complex. "Shall we?"

He blinks a couple times. She has a fair point. "Kyle, please. Chris is just for out 'there'. There's still another 'Kyle' where I'm from, and he can't be in two places at once. What about you? Is 'Sasha' good?"

Kyle waits till she exits the car and does a quick once-over one himself: smoothing his shirt and making sure he doesn't have food in his beard or something embarrassing like that. A second or two later, he opens the door and steps out to meet up with her.

"Main door is usually unlocked. I'll show you up and get some coffee started?" It came out equal parts an offer and a search for confirmation.

S
    Sasha

L’aire didn’t pay much attention to the looks of the complex as what it looked like if she needed to find it again. She nodded then added. “Okay then.”

When he explained his name situation, the Dancer recalled the first night at the Dive Bar a little. "Oh, right. Makes sense.” Then the Mistrel asked her own preference. It wasn’t something she’d ever given much thought to. She was hesitant to respond, no one had asked her before. “Sasha is good. I don’t remember my former name anymore. Just the one They gave me and the one I picked.”

L’aire had started toward the building, but slowly approached it, waiting for Kyle. She turned slightly over her shoulder to see him fluffing himself or something. Puzzling, but not entirely strange. “So, anyone could get in the building?” Her brows mirrored the slightly paranoid question. “Yes, coffee started would be good. I like flavored stuff too, if you have it. But if not, really don’t worry about it. I mean, not that you have to go out of your way to look for flavored coffee. But sometimes people just brew the plain stuff because they don’t want to assume someone would like a flavor. But, I like plain too don’t get me wrong… um… sorry.” Her face flushed, caught in a ramble again, which meant her normal glow was a little brighter too. The Fairest hurried to the door under the light.

Tangent much L'aire?... sigh.

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Mien

Mien

PRE

Kyle smiles. "Sasha it is, then." He takes the lead to open the door ahead of her, pausing as he holds it open to let her pass.

"Anyone can get into this little hallway here, yes. But they're all separate apartments, as you can see. I keep my own door locked." He hopes she's not nervous about all of that. To him, though, it doesn't seem that dangerous a place. Once she steps through, he leads the way up the stairs to his unit.

"I'll see what I can dig up." He smiles again, clearly undaunted by Sasha's rant about coffee. The tops of the stairs leads to a row of three doors illuminated by a soft yellow light - probably from cheaper light bulbs that could use replacing. The hallway smells very faintly of mildew and some kind of cleanser. Kyle walks to the door that marks his apartment and unlocks it, smiling and winking back over his shoulder at her as he does. "See? Locked, just like I left it." He pushes the door open to a small, very sparsely furnished apartment. It's relatively clean, smelling a bit less like an old building - a lingering smell of patchouli incense could probably be blamed for that - with just a kitchen, living room, bedroom and one full bathroom. Kyle gestures to the brand-new Ikea style futon in the center of the living room.

"Make yourself comfortable. I know this place is kinda empty... haven't had a chance to buy furniture." Or the money, really. "I'll go see if I have any of that caramel coffee left. Be right back." He smiles before disappearing around the sectioned wall with the futon, where the kitchen is mostly hidden from sight.

11. Likes Dark Passenger liked this post
    S
    Sasha

“Do I come off so naïve or something?” The Fairest said gently, a little sadness in her voice. She stopped right behind Kyle as he opened the door. “That came out wrong. I just was curious if the building had security is all.” Not realizing she put her hand toward the side of her face. Maybe he thinks I’m as stupid as Nathan does…

The building smelled older, a slight twinge of something damn but it was to be expected. When she finally walked in behind him, she nodded as he mentioned how sparse it was. “It’s okay, I hardly have any either.” L’aire sighed deeply as she moved into the living room. It smelled of incense that she couldn’t remember the name. “Really, sorry about the coffee thing. Whatever you’d like is fine.” Turning to him before he walked to the kitchen.

The Dancer moved into the living room and sat on the futon. She smoothed herself out and crossed her legs. “Oh!” Looking at her shoes. “Uh, am I, or did you want me to take off my shoes?” Moving to the edge of the couch thing, listening into the other room. “Sorry, I didn’t see you do it. I shouldn’t assume though.”

Really, you sound like a complete idiot tonight. L’aire was in knots about a gazillion things, but nothing could pinpoint as to why.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread