(2015) Verdant Meeting

Page 3 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
    Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Would that I could, my Queen, but alas I have left that joy for others this evening," Coco replied, making a leg to the most Verdant of Sovereigns. It took some effort for the Claviger to let her eyes rest upon the ground, as they should in a proper bow, for the sight of the Queen was like art given life, the most delectable cuisine for the eye, and so Coco allowed her gaze to feast once she had risen to her most poised height once again. One could not simply stare all evening, however, and so she regretfully turned her eyes away to survey their surroundings one last time.
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

W
    Will

Philliph nods. "I'm doing pretty good. Nice people around here." The other woman who had brought her violin in the tub with her gave him a hopefull smile as she accepted his offer to bring a plate of food for other people in the tub.

"Sure, not a problem." He had just responded as somebody arived and started speaking. Welcoming all of them. It clicked that this was probably the spring queen. But what was going to start in a moment? He better just go and get the plate of food as he had said. He probably would just hurt his head if he tried thinking about it.

He made his way towards the food table took a plate and just began heaping whatever looked tasty on it. Since pretty much everything looked tasty his plate was filled pretty quickly. Then he took another plate for personal use and filled that up was well. He gave a look at the drinks. Maybe he would come back for one or two later. But he wasn't gonna risk loading up another plate with those if any of the others already in the tub wanted one. He'd come back later.

He made his way back to the tub. Balancing both plates of food. He set one down on the side of the pool.

"There ya guy's go."

He chomped down on his own plate. licking his chops after just a few bites. "I don't know how you do it Mrs. Rosemary. But whatever you cook is always damn good."

Mary Lee
    Mary Lee

PRE

"Ah, good to know," Mary replies,between bites of Rosemary's positively divine culinary masterpiece.

"Well I'm thoroughly American, but I watch enough BBCA to fake Received Pronunciation. What brings you to Sacramento, if anything in particular?"

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

Kyle continues to 'watch' the other Spring Courtiers go about their business until the Queen shows up. He can't really see what she looks like, per se, but she has a way of capturing the audience. A big way. It fit that the Spring Queen would be so vibrant and magnetic. Her mentioning tasty beverages didn't hurt either. Grab somethin strong, chug that shit, then relax. He stands, stretches a bit, and heads over to grab a drink from the table. Not entirely sure what to go for, Kyle grabs something red - probably a daiquiri. He takes a taste.

"Hey, she's right. This isn't half bad!" He raises his glass at no one in particular. He smiles a warm, easy smile. Whatever it takes to get normal again.

The Queen met Coco half way, a puzzled look upon her gorgeous face. “Oh, no need to worry there are plenty to go around.” Violet’s eyes were very understanding as a tickle of a wild field tickled her senses.

Leaning in to tell the Claviger a secret. “They are without the spirits.” Pulling herself back and winking. “But, if sugary frosted drinks aren’t what you crave, perhaps there is something else we can find, hm?” Perhaps Coco was cautious about food and drink, which was not uncommon; many Lost had that paranoia.

Waving her hand to the Mistral, her grin was wide and receptive. "Glad you enjoy! Mrs. Rosemary always outdoes herself."

6. Likes Forn Clakes, Cayce liked this post
    Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

The Wasp's eyes widened and a pleased noise escaped her throat as the Queen revealed that the drinks were indeed open fair for her. Alcohol, after all, wouldn't be appropriate for one who was on duty, yet drinks with merely sugar in them would most certainly be available! It was this gesture of consideration that planted a rapidly flowering seed of respect and affection in Coco's breast. The fact that the Queen had predicted this predicament for her and seen to it so that Coco might still partake of this pleasure? Tt was an act of caring which she had never expected to receive.

"Thank you, my queen, but with your comforting words in mind I shall find the present potables most desirable," Coco replied with a grateful grin. She bowed once more, though with less flourish, and went to fetch herself something for her tongue. A drink was procured and then she hurried back to the Queen's side.

"I do believe that woman, yonder, wished to have a word with you,"
    she shared, gesturing with cane towards Mary Lee . "Do you wish my company or shall I leave you both to your conversation?"
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

Ciara Maskelyne

Finn can only shrug at the woman's words. "Well, I am still pretty new to the Freehold. Wouldn't want to make anyone uncomfortable. I mean, it is California; you never know where someone's preferences lie..."

His smile grew to match Coco's, nodding his head at the offer of a drink. "Now you're talking. I'll try to be quick, I hate to keep a lady, or a drink, waiting..." Finn gives the Claviger a playful wink, then begins walking towards the restaurant with his bag still under his arm.

He only manages a few steps away from his fellow Emerald Courtier when another woman makes her arrival. Finn had never met the woman, nor did he have a face to put with the name of Violet LeBlanc before this evening; but he was pretty sure this was the Spring Monarch. It wasn't just the fact she addressed gathering as a whole and seemed to possess a good knowledge of the party's arrangements, but the incredible beauty of the woman demanded one's attention just as much as her poise and grace.

He gives Violet a polite bow, then watches as she moves to address Coco. Finn knew he should introduce himself, but he also didn't want to interrupt their conversation; instead deciding to go change before doing any sort of socializing. Disappearing into the interior of the building, the Fairest returns a few minutes later; his earlier attire replaced by a pair of black swim shorts and not much else.

Seeing that the likely Monarch was still engaged in conversation, Finn wonders whether to grab a play of food before jumping into the hot tub. He finally decides to wait; he had grabbed a bite to eat before making it to the party since he wasn't exactly sure what to expect. So, he heads to the jacuzzi; easing his way into the hot water while letting out a long, contented sigh. There was nothing better for chasing away the Winter than a touch of warmth.

"I have to say, this is certainly the most pleasant Court meeting I've been to..." He wasn't speaking to anyone in particular; instead letting the comment and friendly smile serve as introduction to those already in the water.

Lynn Mills

"Thanks very much!" Lynn grinned as she bit into one of Mrs. Rosemary's treats. She munched happily for a few moments before leaning back in the water and glancing over at Flynn as he eased into the water. She had to agree with him, there was a sense of comfort in being surrounded by only your own Court. You were able to relax in a way that Freehold wide gatherings weren't conductive too. And besides, the other Courts were so negative all the time.

"I have to agree, but I think that part of that is just the fact that we've got such a lovely slice of Spring here." She leaned her head backwards and gazed up at the twinging vines above them. "I wonder though. Has anybody ever thought of making this sort of thing permanent? I mean, I've been to a few Hollows and some of them have such lovely offerings. What if we made one, all together? We could have this sort of place even in the dead of winter." She sat back up and patted her hair to make sure it was still wound up in a loose bun. "Unless that's not how it works. How does one find a Hollow and claim it?"

Violet’s eyes followed the gesture of her Claviger to that of Mary Lee. Clearly too taken up in whatever she was doing. “Oh, not at all Coco. Your company is appreciated.”

The Flowering smiled and waved her arm to a Fairest, Finn Connolly , she had not met before. “Come come, that is what this is about. The Pleasantries of our Court. Indulgent and divine!”

“I do not believe I’ve yet the pleasure.” The bewitching smile that the Queen had shone all the way to her eyes. She leaned forward slightly, offering the Irishman her hand.

48 Hours have passed without a post, continuing...

W
    Will

"Not a problem." Philliph said. Then came the question about why they didn't carve out a place like this in the hedge.

"eh, making a hollow isn't really that hard." Philliph spoke up. "It's just finding a place in the hedge that you like. Caves, ruins, whatever else you can find. cutting back the surrounding hedge a bit and making sure you got some things set up that keeps other hedgebeasts out." he had some crude ideas on how to create a hollow. nothing much more then a cave in the mountain. and probably not what the lady with the violin was thinking.

"Making one big enough for an entire court though. that would be a lot of work you had to put into it all. would also be easily found by hedgebeasts or worse since it's so big. So you would also need a lot of wards and other measures set up to keep them from finding it. Then you would have to keep putting in effort to stop the hedge from reclaiming it and to keep it hidden and to keep whatever you stuck into it working. It's a big undertaking that doesn't really appeal to everybody. Specially people in a motely where non spring courtiers are. Since they probably need to tend to the hollows of their motely. Also sucking up a lot of time." He rattled that of.

"that's when lotsa problems come up." He shrugged. "It's possible to do. But requires the entire court to be behind it. Or at least a big part of it."

Page 3 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread