Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
91 - 100
DISPLAYED
(2015) Verdant Meeting

Page 10 of 12 First ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Last

Lynn Mills

Lynn settled back in the water, in full agreement with Kyle. She was a bit worried that attempting to fulfill desires might turn out poorly, but if the event was going to cater mostly to people who were ready to enjoy themselves, then it would hopefully be doable.

"Perhaps, if we are going to undertake to fulfill desires in a separate celebration, we should word it a bit differently? Something like . . ." She propped one elbow on the edge of the hot tub and thought. "Call it something like a Feast of Delight and tell people when they come in that we will do our best to fulfill their greatest desires for the night." She tapped her fingers on her cheek as she thought. "Have a greeter at the door to accept the wishes; but only that person knows so that nobody is embarrassed." After all, the desires couldn't be anonymous if they were being granted. "The main thing is going to be making sure that nobody is upset by anything. Not everybody is as comfortable with . . . expressing themselves as we are."

"Would it be possible to do something like a costume ball? As in, people can come in some sort of disguise, so that maybe they can do something that otherwise they might not have to courage to do?" Or maybe not, given how distinctive some of the members of the Freehold were. It's not like a cape and a mask were going to do much good in all cases.

2. Likes Cayce liked this post

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Alex's brows furrow in confusion at what Lynn said about one night. "Umm... Hmmm I was understanding things differently than you, Lynn. At least I think so? Queen Violet said we'd collect the desires during the Coronation, and she made it sound like that would be different than the Feast of Colors, and there was some indication that we'd keep fulfilling desires for the entire season, until Summer Coronation." At least, that's what he had understood about it.

"Which means, well, if they give us sealed envelopes, then we can split them up so that one person has a like, three or four envelopes to work on over the course of three months, right? And it's not public that way, not unless they want it to be, since the completion doesn't have to be at an event." He scratched his head, then pushed his curls back. "Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please."

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Aladdler has the truth of it! At least, he does if I am to be set in charge of this most delightful enterprise! All we shall need to do is inform those at the coronation that the Spring court has the means to fulfill one of their deepest desires, but only if they are truthful and unrestrained in their requests, and that the identities of those who submit a desire will be kept secret, and then I do believe people would freely participate," Coco proposed. "There are many that are shy, this is true, but all it would take is one fulfilled request to prove ourselves worthy of their confidence!"
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

Mrs. Rosemary and Mary Lee exit scene

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

A slow, confident smile comes to Kyle's face as everything comes together. There were reasons for him not to show up at the Rose Garden in the first place; he may have missed a wonderful opportunity. Maybe they can make it work. All of it. A shared Hollow, the Feast of Colour and an honest attempt to make 'dreams come true'. Three distinct ways for him to show the Freehold what he's all about. This is what he promised when he pledged himself to the Freehold, isn't it?

"I'm pretty excited about this..." he admits, looking between the remaining Spring courtiers. "I mean, we're not just waitin for the season to pass by. We're doin somethin with it."

Violet turned to Lynn, and pleasantly addressed the one item she mentioned. “As much as I love a masquerade Ms. Mills, that usually saved for that of the Winter Court in Sacramento. The ball did not take place this year due to higher than average threats out there as we discussed earlier in the meeting.”

Taking all the ideas into consideration, the Queen offered another idea. “We could hang note prior to the Coronation asking for everyone to bring their request in an envelope. It would make it easier for those who do want anonymity.”

A more important matter did need to be addressed. Violet leaned forward slightly, looking to all of the Court. “I think to put everyone’s mind at ease, ourselves and the Freehold, a pledge is in order. For secret desires should be just that, a secret, if that is how we wish to pursue it. We will all be bound by an oath of secrecy. You are absolutely right though, we should come up with a way of wording this so that feelings are not hurt should that wish be too grand or not in our abilities.”

Lynn Mills

"Ah," Lynn leaned back in the water and trailed her fingers through the water. "my apologies, my Lady. I wasn't
    aware that another Court already had the tradition of hosting a masquerade.
    "

It was a moment of thought before Lynn spoke again. "I would be honored to be part of this second endeavor and
    will gladly take an oath of secrecy so that any who choose to partake will understand how seriously we are taking it.
    "

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Shall it be the two of us, then, dear Lynn, making desires come true?" Coco asked, sliding over (carefully, due to her cane) into the space previously occupied by Mrs. Rosemary so that she'd be closer to the musician.

"I would gladly swear an oath to help make this a reality, and through it the dreams of others," the Claviger proclaimed, looking to the Queen for her reaction to the proposal.
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

10. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

"Hey! No way is it just going to be you two. Alex raised his hand to pointedly indicate himself. "I want in on making people happy too."

But the question of the wording was important too. "How would something like 'If you have a wish you could use assistance to obtain by the Summer coronation, Please deliver a written version of the desire to the Spring Court during their Coronation' sound? Followed by the guarantee that only those working to fulfill desires will know what anyone asked for. Is that suitable wording?"

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

Another oath, huh? Might as well. Another oath is another reminder that he is a part of something. Kyle nods along with the Queen's statement.

"I'm with Alex on that... if we're doin this thing we're doin it together." The Fairest tips his head in the Windwig's direction. A gesture of respect. "Even if the only part I have a hand in is makin those desires come true, I'm definitely in."

Page 10 of 12 First ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Last
Closed Thread