Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(Herald) Meeting With Pryde

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

A wry smile lit her lips as the other woman responded. "Well done, Miss Pryde. So, if it pleases you, I must ask of your Path and Order affiliation so that I may direct you where you need to be," she continued, the glee wearing away as she fiddled absently with a pen. "And so that I can inform the appropriate individuals of your presence here."

And there's the confirmation I'm dealing with Pentacle and not Seers, Pryde thinks, visibly relaxing.

"I'm with the Alae Draconis on the Path of the Lunargent Thorn," she says with a tinge of pride.
    "Pryde": Presence 2, Status (Mysterium) 1, WP = Full, Mana = 5
    [Herald] Active Spells (1 on Pattern): Sybil's Sight (Pot.2, self)

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

"I see," she mused as she jotted a couple of things down. "And what, pray tell, brings you to Sacramento, Enchanter?"

The state of affairs with Nous right now was going to make this... interesting, to say the least. Ought she send the woman to Nous, as duty would dictate? Or perhaps it would be better to send her to Pepper for the time being?

Pryde frowns and furrows her brow. "Let's just say... I'm looking for a fresh, new perspective on the world..." she replies in a calculated tone. "And getting out of the cold, bitter winter of Chi-... the midwest."

"Zoey"
    Sheet

PRE

ooc

The brunette chuckled to herself, offering a little shrug. "Tell me about it," she responded, plenty familiar enough with the biting cold that was available... well, everywhere, really... before glancing up at the other with a little quirk of her lips.

"Little tip from experience: if you start to slip up on a location, just go with it," Zodiac stated as she continued with her notes, "it looks much more suspicious when you cut yourself off. It becomes obvious that you're trying to conceal something..." Even still, she finished jotting her notes down before looking up at the woman for a moment.

"As biting as winter likes to be, however, I certainly feel the need to check - do you have any information about the local situation? I would hardly think it would be wise to let you choose Banishers over a little cold weather..."

"Oh, uh, thanks," the Acanthus mutters in reply to the advice.

When pressed regarding her decision to come here, it took a bit for what Zodiac had just said to sink in. "Banishers?" Pryde asked.

I mean, it's not like I haven't dealt with them before, but back home, at least it was only occasional run-ins. For her to mention it, it must be a serious problem over here... Still...

"Yeah, still better than the bitter cold," she says coolly, coming out of her thoughts, realizing she'd been in a pose reminiscent of The Thinker. Better than the bitter, cold assholes turning my hometown into a pile of shit that's impossible for one woman, one Disciple to flush down...

"Oh, are there any Consilium-specific rules here I should be aware of that go beyond a standard Lex..? I know Sleeper laws can vary from city to city, some even a bit arbitrary like 'No signs saying Garage/Yard Sale Here in the yard of the hosting Garage/Yard sale', and I've heard that some Consilia can similarly have local laws that differ or add onto the standards... Anything like that here, arbitrary or not..?"

"Zoey"
    Sheet

PRE

The expression that met Pryde's last question wasn't one that anyone might wear. No, there was a bit of Guardian-Stone-Face that masked the scoff the brunette actually wanted to give. Instead she kept her emotions in check and glanced up at the woman, shaking her head. "For now, abide by your Gold Law and you should be reasonably well off. There's a sort of rewrite and discussion in place at the moment that your Councillor can fill you in on as necessary. Once it's in place, I'm sure that question can be better answered..."

Even still, her hands folded in on each other, her pen placed aside as she gave the woman a rather searching look. Had the woman ever actually encountered Banishers? Sans maybe an Ice Age or a place prone to Fire Storms (... and really, she'd never heard of a place that was prone to those enough to warrant fleeing it) there really was no such thing as a place where Banishers were preferable to the weather. And she'd done digs in the desert - she wasn't pulling that thought out of her ass.

... but if the girl wanted to get herself killed...

Blue eyes finally turned back to the notes she'd been jotting down as she shook her head. "Just use your common sense. And, as a thought, don't go seeking a mundane education around these parts without talking to Consilium officials first."

Two pieces of paper were folded up and tucked into envelopes before the precise scrawl of the Herald placed names on the envelopes. "Do you have any further questions of me before I send you along?" One to Tyria... another to Nous... realistically, as much as she wanted to forward the woman to Pepper, that wasn't really her job to do.

Pryde thinks briefly before shaking her head. "Mmm-nope. Can't think of anything else. And if I suddenly fridge logic a new question, I should have the Curator or my Councilor available to answer them."

The mystagogue places her feet on the floor and puts her hands on the arms of the chair, then pushes herself upright, sensing that the meeting is coming to a close.

"It was nice meeting you, Zodiac!" she says somewhat brightly, flashing a small smile and holding out a hand to shake, oblivious to the graveness her question seemed to put this new acquaintance of hers into.

"Zoey"
    Sheet

PRE

A pair of letters were offered to the woman as Zodiac smiled, not shaking the hand. "I wish you the best in the city of Sacramento, Miss Pryde. Please feel free to pass on my letters of acknowledgement to both your Councillor and... Curator," she chose to go with the word the woman had chosen.

Thanks for the scene!

"Thanks. I'll see you around, then," Pryde says in a bright but businesslike manner, accepting the letters with a lips-closed smile and leaving the Herald's office.

Thanks to you too!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread