Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1501) David and Martha

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Jan 14, 2015 : 1501 Monomacy Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha nodded to Asa once more and was offering a gentle gesture of greeting to Peter Baldwin when David came closer.

Nodding her respects to the Grand Wyrm she may appear a little wary, even suspicious. David seemed to have taken the mantle of Priscus without consulting anyone. It seemed unusual. Something, perhaps, the Witch Erika may have inspired...

"Good evening, Grand Wyrm. Congratulations on becoming Priscus too, sir." she offered an unsteady and almost unbalanced curtsy. Her peg leg scrapping quietly.

"I... I shall be glad to talk with you, of course, sir." Martha looked to David with a mix of obedience and caution.

Taking his offered arm, she steadies herself to be led to where he wishes to take them.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

C
    Casitive

All of it, like spinning plates unsteadily trying to overcome gravity. David can almost hear them, thoughts about one obstacle juxtaposing themselves with another. The first time David explained quite a few of the challenges facing the Domain, it privately bowled him over.

Thank you,” David states simply at Martha's congratulation, “I still find myself unused to it and hope that I can live up to the standard those weighty words hold.” A glance back to the black and red shadow, “At some point his evening, I'd like to re-introduce you to Whip Yui ( Rina Yui ) though, I suspect she'll be busy with her Covenant.” A thin, gold band sits on his left ring-finger, almost too delicate to notice glints, in the wan light of the Asylum.

I hope what took you away from the Domain wasn't too demanding?

Martha Villiers

PRE

She nods in understanding. For a moment she was glad all the weight was not her burden any longer.

"Thank you, sir. I shall be pleased to meet with Whip Yui." a gentle smile. She wondered what plans David had now. He'd never seemed the sort to crave political power before. But, she mused, like one of those tigers in India with a taste for human flesh, perhaps there was no reversing the appetite for power once it was tasted...

"Actually, sir, it was a matter of unforeseen and great turmoil that took me away. The struggle to return was most tasking too. I am, however, glad to return and look forward to being of service to the Domain once more." she offers a sincere smile.

Now suspecting him of planning everything three moves ahead, Martha wondered if her show of obedience would coax from David the true purpose for this meeting.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

C
    Casitive

I see,” David replies quietly, eyes looking to the middle-distance, “I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm glad that it seems to be concluded.” It is genuinely said, though his mixed emotions stem from the fact that the Mortician likes her as a person. But, too much has happened and shadows loom over them all threateningly. Things that David has resolved to fix, by himself if need be.

There is quite a lot to bring you up to speed with,” David says as they find space to take up, “and I suspect you'll have questions to ask. When will be a fine time for us to do so?” The question posed, the Priscus turns his attention towards Martha.

Rina said once that David is too nice. Too nice to be Whip. Is he too nice to be Priscus?

Martha Villiers

PRE

"Indeed, sir." she nods gratefully. "Perhaps after the combat is concluded, sir, we can talk then?" she offers a shy smile and gestures with her cane towards the cage and duellists.

There was a moment there, just a moment, when she could have abdicated all contact and connection with the Ordo.

Start again.

Is it already too late for a fresh start?

6. Likes Brownlee liked this post

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina approaches slowly, wandering over after her brief conversation with the Prince. She walks over to Regan's side, nodding to Martha. "I hope I am not interrupting. I believe one of you may have said my name? On another note, I wish to talk to you, when you have the time, Priscus Regan."
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

C
    Casitive

Ah,” David sounds as Rina materializes with the pair, “Madame Whip, that would have been me. I was hoping to re-introduce you to Miss Martha Villiers and to start to welcome her back into the City, as she's recently returned.” The re-introduction might not have been all that necessary, but to reintroduce Rina as Whip begins to solidify the Asp's position. “Miss Villiers, Madame Whip Yui.

As the Priscus finishes, he notices the entrance of the severe Regent of Citrus Heights and a weary look filters through his features that he shares with his Whip. The woman keeps her own council and appears to not to see the value in Voltaire.

Of course.” David says granting Rina's request, “If you can, would you also be able to point out Mr. McAllister ( Soderbok ) and Mr. Travis ( Travisc06489 ) to me, please.” To Martha, David adds, “I look forward to our discussion. I suspect the sea-changes in the Domain will be interesting to you.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina nods, searching around the area for Michael Travis . She finally spots him and points at him for Regan. "That would be Mr. Travis over there, with Mr. Galilei abandoning him right this moment. As to this McAllister, I am unaware of such an individual." She took a moment to search the crowd and make double-sure she didn't know who that was, then turned back to David. "Actually, that was part of what I wished to talk to you about. I have not had the occasion to meet all of the Mekhet, and wanted to ask if there were any newly arrived that I should be aware of."
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha listened to the talk of Kindred she would have to make time to become aware of. Nodding a polite, respectful, greeting to Rina.

Having nothing to add and no authority to exercise, she simply listened and nodded again as David outlined her assumed interest in the direction of the Ordo Dracul.

When opportunity allowed, she tried a smile and offered David a simple and sensible;
    "Yes, sir. As you wish."

In truth, she suddenly found she had little enthusiasm for hearing how things were going.

She assumed the assessment would be: badly.

The Ordo and its followers hadn't heeded her advice before. She doubted any of them would change in their desire to accept it. David was now Grand Wyrm and he was welcome to the Office.

Her mental distance from the Ordo, she felt, was now growing, if not yet complete.

Many of them are now dead. The security of the Chapter House breached. Dog is impatient with our apparent inaction. David is angry at me for the death of his loved one. It wasn't as if I'd been the one with the sword at her neck! I did warn them to be careful!

The Koagion is probably still a captive.

The Witch Queen Erika apparently remains at liberty...

Nodding again, tiny Martha grimly rubbed at her mutilated thigh and glanced over to observe the soon to be combatants. The prospect of watching two men trying to murder each other wasn't as thrilling to her as it seems was expected by culture and society.

What was that line from 'The Bride of Frankenstein'?

Oh yes; a new age of Gods and Monsters...

Pouting, Martha nodded again to David and, taking her own advice, she looked around for an escape route.

11. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
    C
    Casitive

He sent me a letter,” David tells Rina, “in response to my own, pledging his support as a newcomer as well as a request to meet with me during this meeting.” Pausing, David looks towards the sea of Kindred, picking out who is new and unknown and therefore a potential new arrival. “He made mention that he has met with Priscus Sage so I can assume she has already Acknowledged him; but if you come across him before I do, please guide him my way.

It does no good for anyone to have a member of their family feel adrift. With a thin frown at that thought, David glances again towards Michael Travis. Would things have been different for him if others were more proactive? Change does not happen in a vacuum.

David, Priscus of Shadows, is not eager in the least to see one of his own potentially die.

Other than him, I'm as of yet unaware of any new members of our Family. Other than the return of Miss Villiers, of course.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread