Ended
Watch

(1501) Namkha, Asp, Zodiac

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    A
    Asp

Asp leads the Envoy and the Herald to a side room, responding to something she heard Bishop say on the way by in a quiet mutter to the Guardian before she shuffled on past. Bishop was not a Sentinel or Councilor, and the Penance didn't end until this place was spotless and the Consilium meeting was done. Finding a side room to bring them into, the young Sentinel opened the door to allow them in, then murmured in High, imagining a bubble of sound around them directing all sound in the room to stay within it. Privacy was very important, and she wasn't about to just let some 'Envoy' listen in on the Consilium meeting.

"Come on in."

The others were allowed in and the door would shortly close once they were in private.

Influence Sound, 2 Potency
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-18 15:13:59 Asp rolls 6 to Influence Sound: Forces+Gno+HS (10 Again) 8, 3, 7, 7, 1, 8 2 successes

I'll let the actual Guardian get the information to narrate what this room at Hostel HI looks like.

Sirith Djinn

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

There was something that seemed almost... old about the room. Wooden paneling was on the walls - nicely carved, but a little aged - and the carpeting was a little bit worn. The table that sat in the middle of the room wasn't particuarly large, likely a place meant for such little meetings as this, and several chairs were sat about it. Zodiac made her way to the chair nearest the door, and took that seat, gesturing politely for Namkha to sit - though, it wasn't a gesture of askance.

"Sit," she instructed, a smile on her face that didn't quite reach her eyes.

A spell had been cast, and something was there to be said about the way the woman held herself. Something about her was... well, it demanded more attention than it had, that was for certain. Her gaze seemed sharper, her demeanor more business-like, everything more focused...

Effective Presence for Scene - 3 (Business-like)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-19 01:37:51 Zodiac rolls 6 to Augment the Mind (Presence) (Mind+Gnosis) (10 Again) 6, 8, 7, 3, 1, 10, 6 2 successes

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

The San Francisco Guardian out of habit looked around as she entered. It was Guardian - hell, more of Awakened - 101 to know your surroundings. Will the two other women see this as spying? From their postures and voices, it didn't matter. The Herald might be reasonable, but the Sentinel have already marked her as a bitter enemy. Well, that was her job.

What a pain.

Namkha just hoped to everything to go quickly. Stalling games were boring, useless aside of certain situations, took too much time and were a bother. Seriously, people should get on with the business as fast as possible so they can have some time for themselves later. She, herself, felt like drinking some tea while reading something mind-numbing. Maybe one of the latest harlequins...

But now, business.

The Asian took away an envelope out of her handbag and offered it to the Herald - who, as she notices, looked a lot more... important, to say; Namkha and her itching under the skull suspected spellwork - with a short "Letter of introduction", and sat comfortably in a chair with a good look at both of other women, after making sure it won't break or do something similar authority-breaking. She remembered Silas' teaching.

We've talked about one-on-one situations, but you need to know about other possibilities, Chandler. If you're alone in more than one person in interrogation situation, there are sets of preferable behaviors. In the first set, when you want to look strong, you have to not only have but visibly appear to be in control. No accidents. Self-confidence. When there's more than one interrogator, they mean to crush your self-confidence. Choose one and focus on them.

The Golden Guardian focused her gaze on the one from Sacramento. "Thank you and I'm sorry from taking you from your other duties. If we mean to talk, may I propose that we have something to drink while talking?" Her tone is of concern.

OOC

A
    Asp

Asp closed the door. She stared into the Asian woman's eyes for a long moment before she spoke.

"You may not. Hospitality doesn't mean a damn thing when there's no cabal giving it, and given what the Golden Consilium's done, as far as the Sentinels are concerned, you're a spy for a government that mass murdered Talons until proven otherwise."

She leaned in, her stare intensifying into something scary.

"I'm going to be straight with you, Namkha, because I don't want you to come to a conclusion other than the one I'm saying, and that conclusion is, you're in a lot of trouble. Now, where this goes is entirely up to you. Good, or bad, that's based on what you tell us, but by the end of this talk, you'd best have convinced us that you're absolutely zero risk to this Consilium. So, why don't we start with an easy one? What are you really doing here?"

She took a chair and placed it in front of Namkha backwards, sitting down on it with her feet planted and the back between her legs.

1 sux to Intimidate
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-19 03:09:02 Asp rolls 7 to Pres+Intimidation+Status (Consilium) (10 Again) 5, 9, 6, 6, 6, 2, 6 1 success

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

Zodiac took more than a moment of analyzing the letter itself to be certain that opening it wasn't a threat before she did open it, casually reading it over before setting it down on the table.

"No signature. Could have just as easily have been written by anyone. And, as you may have guessed based on our dear Sentinel's words, we're hardly on peaceful terms with the Golden Consilium," she responded rather neutrally, "the Golden Consilium has, in fact, done us great harm, and what happens with Del Riata is an issue which is in our hands and ours exclusively as she has been acting as a spy in our Consilium, on our grounds.

"As such, I would heartily recommend that you answer the Sentinel's questions openly and honestly, with the awareness that we do have the authority to dispatch you should we expect that you are, at any point, lying. The safety of this Consilium comes first. We owe San Fransisco no favours."

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Intimidation? Not Impressed (2 suxx on Resistance)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-21 11:42:47 Namkha rolls 6 to Resolve + Composure (10 Again) 3, 9, 3, 5, 8, 2 2 successes

Namkha watched the Cobra spread her hood and dance and hiss without a single change to her expression; and the lack of change for sure wasn't coming from being enthralled by the Cobra's dance. Cocky - too cocky - fast to assume opponent's weakness - Hubris. Wait for a mistake.

Only on the mention of the lack of signature she raises a brow. "Are you sure there's no signature? I've trusted one of our Heralds to prepare the letter properly, but it seems there has been a human error." A hint of disappointment, a second of being lost in a thought. Can it be possible that it was on purpose? Worth including in the report.

The Golden Guardian straightened up in the chair and looked straight at Zodiac. "Still, I don't lie. I don't like lying needlessly, and now there's no need because you don't trust or believe even in my truth. I'm here to observe. I don't mean harm to Sacramento and I don't have anything to gain from going against it, because that would be detrimental to observing Dal Riata, because it would limit my movements. I'd like you to consider - Dal Riata was a spy from the Golden Consilium, indeed. She was a spy and she failed. Given that I'm an agent of - how was that? Treacherous mass murderers? - I doubt she will be happy to see me after that, but she might create openings. If you don't want her to create openings, you underestimate her a lot more than your Sentinel now is underestimating me."

"I don't have any interest in doing harm to Sacramento, and I'm bound to helping your Consilium if asked to do so. I don't know how things are done here, but for me, math is simple. Making an ally is a bigger gain than making an enemy."

Calm determination in her expression and posture could be easily read.

"Zoey"
    Sheet

PRE

"We're hardly about to sit around and allow someone from San Fransisco to observe and send information back to the Golden Consilium," Zodiac responded, her tone cool, and her gaze colder still. "Del Riata is being dealt with by someone whom we do trust and have reason to trust. We have no reason to trust you. We don't know you. And what you request is to be seen alone by either the Hierarch, or alone with the Hierarch and our Councillors. You must know how bad that sounds."

She shifted only slightly in her seat, her hand in her purse beneath the table as she rested her chin in her other hand. "And I believe you mean... if we don't 'expect' her to create openings we underestimate her? I think you're quite underestimating us if you believe that's the case. And I quite think you may wish to reevaluate your position, Ms. Namkha. Mockery of a Sentinel is never wise. You're already throwing blows at any opportunity available to make an ally. I assure you, you'll find no ally in this room the way you're going."

A
    Asp

Asp leaned on her chair as the spy talked like she wasn't there.

She waited. And waited. And let Zodiac reply. Patience. A deep breath.

"It's kinda hard to underestimate someone who can't answer a simple question from the authorities, but I'll ask one more time and give you another chance to look me in the eye and be straight with me. Here it is. What are you actually doing here? There's not another chance after this one. It really is just you going back to San Francisco. Or you can answer my questions, and you might get that meeting you want with the Heirarch."

Carrot, or stick. It was really up to her.

Otto Cash

Mien

Mantle

Ignorance - aggression - source: fear? - fortifying themselves - losing reason and perspective. Those who are too wary are the easiest to manipulate.

The woman continued to sit still, like a not-so-little China doll, listening. When she finally opened her mouth, the tone was cold and precise. Steel beneath the silk.

"Before I answer, I'd like to defuse some of preconceptions that you seem to have."

"Sacramento is not the center of the world. It's not even the center of California. And by far, it's not the center of San Francisco interests. The Golden Consilium has more important issues than trying to overtly spy on the Consilium that is already distrusting us as much as you do. One of those issues is a spy who failed. Her failure is San Francisco's failure and the Golden Consilium won't have that."

"As so, I've already answered. I'm here to observe Dal Riata. I'm to remain as a neutral party; while I won't work against my Consilium, I'm bound - and I'm ready to take an Oath - to come to the Consilium of Sacrament's aid when requested. I've never spoke about being alone with the Hierarch nor Councilors, all I asked for was a private audience. Or maybe would you like me to talk details of Dal Riata issue in the middle of the crowd out there?" She pointed to the door.

"I regret if you find my speech mocking, but it's not my problem but yours if you take offence so lightly. I propose to remain civil. Bishop gave me the right to stay in the hostel. Let your Councilors and the Hierarch decide if they will hear me. I will wait, and, of course, won't stop you from voicing your opinion on the matter. If they do agree to see me, I see no reason aside of their decision not to see me in your or other Sentinel's presence."

"I think they deserve to at least know what's happening and make decision. Unless you claim they are like children to be protected and guided. Do you?" Again, brows raised in polite interest, as if the Guardian was asking just because the protocol demanded that.

A
    Asp

Asp's hands folded and slid into her pockets, just a cop doing her job. She had questions. If they were answered to her satisfaction, she wasn't going to stop her at the door.

Next question.

"I don't find it mocking. Why does Dal Riata need observation?"

Did Golden send public observers to hover over every spy?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.