Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1501) Josephine and Galloway

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.

PRE

"Why Priscus Sterling! May I say you look marvelous this evening. I am so looking forward to our meeting, still scheduled for tomorrow night yes? I know how heavy the weight the office of Priscuship can be. I hope it's treated you well thus far." Pleasantries. The bread and butter of the First Estate.

"As to why I am here, well. It is a most serious Court of course. I aim to be here in support of Sir Baldwin. I do so hope the proceedings tonight go well. He and I have somewhat of a past, and I would be absolutely aggrieved at his passing." The irony of course being that he had only heard of the court through the whispers at the Nox, whist delivering letters, most of which were to the Priscus.

There was no reason to ask if she had expected him not to attend, that would be discourteous after all. Neonates often waited for their Priscus' approval to enter court, unaware acknowledgement may be sought there. What exactly did that say about August?

"What are your thoughts on the somber proceedings tonight?" he asked curiously, as he pleasantly leaned on his cane.
    It was clear to Josephine that Galloway's turn of phrase was purely rhetorical, and that he was not literally asking permission to pay her a compliment, such was just a conversational formula, but that was why she felt a mote of pleasure as he gave her the opportunity to subvert it.

"You may," she pronounced, nodding her head in benediction of his chosen comment before lapsing into silence so that he might finish his florid arrangement of words. A light smile appeared upon her lips, painted black as was her usual, and ermine white hands hid themselves within the voluminous sleeves of her robe.

"My thoughts on these proceedings are, for the moment, stymied by your presence. Perhaps your ability to navigate the system of welcome speaks favorably of your capabilities, and thus favorably of the Clan, yet I would have to say that over all your actions do not lend us an image of solidarity. I must say, I expected better from one who once held the title of Priscus. yet, as we both know, that title weighed perhaps a bit too heavily upon you and so it simply caused you to disappear beneath the mantle," the Lady spoke with a patronizing smile. "Unluckily for you, the mantle you once wore is now invested with far more authority, and thus a far greater weight then you have ever known. Do not think that I am unwilling to wield said weight against you, for I shall if I deem it necessary, yet as it were I do hold sympathy for your sentimental predilections and thus, for tonight, and tonight only, I shall acknowledge you so that you might witness the triumph, or the end of your friend. Then, on tomorrow's eve, we shall again discuss the more permanent terms of your return. Am I understood?"

2. Likes Wod.Infant liked this post

Katsuro Tomori

August smiled as she talked. A pure look of pristine calm on his face wrapped in pure attention...and maybe a hint of something else? Amusement? Anger? Fear? No one would ever know, it would seem. Galloway had once been known to ramble like that. He still did from time to time, that southern capacity for taking ones time simply can't be helped sometimes, and so he listened as he hoped someone else might when took the time to make himself clear.

"My most profound apologies Priscus Sterling. I would never dream of showing anything but a united clan." he said, smile still in place. "I am grateful you understand and are allowing me acknowledgement for this evenings affairs."

He waited a moment, before addressing the obvious aggressive nature of the Priscus. Just long enough that Josephine might think he would let it pass.

"Yes it is lucky someone like yourself can handle such a burden with such grace and tact. After all, that weight seems to keep me from being able to run these days, even though I hold no mantle now. I do hold a long memory however and I think I remember a crushing weight...it honestly had little to do with the weight of office. It was a vice applied vivatiously, and a rather large for the area crucifix drilled into my leg so as to remind me to take my time." At the mention of his leg he tapped the cane on the floor for effect and his best smile.

"It gives me comfort to know I am relatively safer as I am not Priscus and so very unimportant in the grand scheme of things. More importantly, it gives me comfort to know that our clan has such a great leader to inspire us." He said speaking valiantly of Miss Sterlings take no prisoners attitude. Say, wasn't that the Prince on the couch just over Josephines shoulder? Practically swarmed he is.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

4. Likes Wod.Infant liked this post

Katsuro Tomori

Auggust waited as his Prisus stood quietly.

Then he waited a bit longer, wondering how often someone left her struck wordless, perhaps even unsure of what to do?

Really though, it didn't matter. He had her okay to be here, not that he'd asked or needed it. Still, hypothetically it meant she wouldn't cause a scene...well more than that outfit already did.

"Well, it's been lovely Priscus Sterling. Adieu." he gave a bow...well a nod of his head really, and headed off to where he saw Lord Baldwin to wish him well on the event this evening.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

PRE

Dark eyes remained upon the southern "gentleman" as he walked away, her gaze affixed not to any one point, but rather seeming to glide over the outline of his form. Indeed, it was not Galloway's person that concerned her, but instead what could be read hovering just above his skin and the cut of his suit. It was the contents of his emotional landscape that she desired bared before her. For Josephine well knew that no matter what words passed through the mouths of kine or kindred, none could be trusted. Even the ones inside their heads might lead to artificially constructed paintings of imagined reality. It was best to take none at face value and instead compile a variety of information before passing judgement.

3 successes to read Auggie's aura before minus comp
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-18 20:40:07 Jojo rolls 7 to read dat vampire (int3+emp2+aus2) (10 Again) 5, 9, 10, 10, 1, 5, 7, 6, 2 3 successes

Jojo is attempting to read August's aura with Auspex 2. If, after removing dice equal to August's composure, there are still successes left, please describe a number of his aura's colors equal to the number of successes remaining.

7. Likes Jaqen liked this post

Katsuro Tomori

As August walks away, Josephine see's the pale tones of light blue on the outermost edges of his aura, these grow gradually to a dark blue....Finally they settle on a dark green just closest to his skin.

PRE

Ah. Well, that wasn't unsurprising. Still it would not due to just stand around for the rest of the evening, and so Josephine set herself back into motion.

Jojo returns to the main thread.

Closed Thread