Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Rising to the Challenge

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    T

The Archangels Sanctum. Perched near the top of a hill in Folsom, nestled amongst the neighborhood like any other estate of sprawling houses. Striker had put the word out to those who might want to join the Archangels that this was the place to be.

He waited casually outside the gate wearing his usual jeans and T-shirt hoping the new faces would show. Their numbers were low and it was getting tough looking after the entire sanctum by themselves, sharing the load would be good, and the payoff would be that they could share the powerful hallow they had secured. That had to be a good deal right?

Emrys

PRE

Emrys pulled up to the Sanctum in his 68 GTO. Though he had thrown an armor up as part of his daily routine, he decided to put up a little something extra just to be safe. After parking he chanted in high speech, reaching past the Abyss to forge an act of will through his Watchtower. It was untainted thankfully, and the car seemed to shift through black and grey colors with a glistening sheen to those with the Sight to view it.

With a deep breath the Enchanter finally exited his vehicle and approached the one armed man. "Um, hi." He started with a wave. "I'm here about the Archangels. Name's Emrys."

Pot 2 Time sight, Pot 1 Time Armor, Pot 1 Acceleration with no dox
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-15 17:20:17 Emrys rolls 1 to Dox (Base1-1 mitigation) (10 Again, Chance) 4 failure
    2015-01-15 17:18:51 Emrys rolls 8 to Imp Acceleration (Gno+Time+2 HS) (10 Again) 8, 1, 5, 7, 5, 3, 6, 2 1 success
    2015-01-15 17:17:06 Emrys rolls 6 to Imp Temporal Dodge (Gno+Time+2 HS-2 Adv Prolong) (10 Again) 5, 2, 6, 5, 8, 4 1 success
    2015-01-15 17:16:36 Emrys rolls 6 to Imp Temporal Eddies (Gno+Time+2 HS-2 Adv Prolong) (10 Again) 1, 8, 3, 1, 8, 1 2 successes

T

"G'day Emrys mate." Striker replies enthusiastically. Shoving his hand out to shake Emrys', but looking half at him and half at his car.

"Second gen pontiac. Nice machine. My girlfriend Faye's got the oh-six model. Lot more.. bits under the hood than these older ones ay. Did you get it with the hood mounted tacho or the in-dash one?" he said with interest.

Emrys

PRE

Emrys shook the offered hand. The other man didn't offer a name, but the accent made it clear enough. Elle had mentioned a trouble making Australian, and Pepper had said Striker was the Archangel in need of a Factotum. Maybe there was another trouble making Australian, but that was pushing Fate a bit in the Enchanters mind.

"Nice!" Emrys said at the mention of his girlfriends car, though he tipped his head in confusion when Striker mentioned the Tachometer. "Er, I don't know what you mean by taco. Given it's hard to eat something in your dash I'm guessing it's not food related."

He paused a second before continuing. "So you're Striker right?" It was totally not a subject change.

T

"Huh?" Striker replied in confusion. How could you drive such a beautiful old machine and not even know the basics or how it worked. "Tacho. Tachometer. Y'know, RPMs. Ehh nevermind." He finished. If Emrys decided to join them he'd have plenty of time to tinker with the bloke's car.

"Yeah I'm Striker mate. You musta met Weave then ay?" he asked. "She had some shindig at the Circle for yous green fellas to meet each other didn't she. How'd that go?" He asked interested and assuming that's how Emrys had known to come. He wonder if Apollo would show up, he'd seemed like a decent bloke.

Public Transportation was a bitch.

That being said, not having a private vehicle of his own was probably the cost of that. Not buying into the consumerist bent of the economy? The Lie'll make sure you have a hell of a time with the free shit until you dance to its tune.

Apollo decided he was thinking about this way too deeply as he rounded a corner down the hill and made his way up to the address. "Hey." He waved to the two Mages.

Emrys

PRE

Emrys blinked and shrugged off the car talk. No big, here about cabals not smalltalk after all.

"Yep! Met her at the Circle." He affirmed. "Yeah, most of the new people decided to make their own cabal with Crowley. I wanted to check you guys out first because of the whole protector thing."

A shrug and he gave the other guy a wave. "Hey. I'm Emrys, and you are? He extended his hand to the unnamed newcomer.

T

"G'day mate." he greeted Apollo. "Crowley's still tryin' to get a cabal together? Bloke hasn't had much luck for an enchanter." Striker replied to Emrys. "So yeah, when I joined up we we're supposed to be investigatin' problems and protecting the consilium. But we haven't really done jack yet. That'll change soon though. Hopefully." he said before lapsing into silence to let the other two finish their introductions.

T

Bump.

"Apollo." came the reply with the shake of a hand. "How's it going Emrys?" came the reflex reply.

"Well, just have to make that change, right?" He turned to Striker "Anyway, lead on."

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread