Ended
Watch

Last Minute Research

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    A
    Angel Ducard

"Forgive me, but do we know what the markings mean? By chance? And perhaps we should investigate the Temple?" I ask Mr. Heinz. "What about these two men? Things seem to be coming together." I say as I try to put the puzzle pieces together.

"Do you think what the Reeve has planned has any hope of succeeding?" Turning to Max quizzical look on my face. "There is more here... so much more... if only we had more time. Perhaps it is a language, some kind of dead language. You wouldn't happen to be a linguist would you... perhaps one with some cunning?" I could not resist the obvious flirtation...

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

Max pours over the new sets of markings, trying in vain to make some sense out of them. There's clearly a pattern to them, and the sheer amount of them means they have to be a writing system of some sort, but he can't make heads or tails of it yet. Finally, he can only shake his head; both in frustration and at the woman's question about their plan.

"Honestly? Not really. But we have to do something; otherwise she'll just keep picking us off one by one. But, we may still win through, I've seen stranger things happen in his city.

Of course, that doesn't mean that if she calls down a pillar of fire and starts incinerating people I plan on sticking around, either..."

If Max had been paying attention to the mild flirtations between them earlier, this most recent exchange flies right over his head. "Mildly. I speak five languages beside English; unfortunately none of them are chicken scratch. And I do plan on investigating the temple, but that will have to come later. Like I said, that's part of the Society's holdings; and right now they're a smaller threat than Khan. All they seem interested in is that artifact my associates bought at the auction.

It is odd that he would be in both collections though. He's another of the Society's members; a mystic of some sort. I haven't meet him personally, but I've seen him at work. He's another one we'll have to deal with when the time comes..."

Max lets out a long groan he didn't know he had been holding back; leaning away from Angel and rubbing his temples. She was right, they might be able to find an answer to all this if they only had more time. But time and answers were two things they were running dangerously short on. "Alright, so we might not know for certain what she is, but it's got to be something above a mere mortal. Maybe we can exorcise her somehow, trap whatever is inside her and separate the two. Or at least find something to protect ourselves with. See if you can find any more accounts of people running into a creature like what is described in that crazy Frenchmen's poem. We can't be the only ones who have run into her."

Max leaves Vivian to her online research, running off to see if he can't find a copy of the Book of the Dead. It's not quite the right reference material, but if the incantations could protect mummies, they might be able to protect Kindred...

A
    Angel Ducard

Vivian huh? :P. Yumyumcrow can we say with certainty that the dark skinned man, in the two pictures, is the same man? Mykel is Max saying that the flapper is indeed Kahn? I

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Angel Ducard - yes. It is the same man.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

Yes, Khan is the woman in the flapper picture, but not the woman in any of the SoP book's photos. That's someone else. And yes, Max is getting his women mixed up; like at this point he's even paying them attention anymore >_<

Ciara Maskelyne

2 Suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-24 03:25:42 Max rolls 10 to for last minute, pull it out of his ass protection spell (Int+Occ+Speciality+Will) (10 Again) 3, 6, 10, 7, 9, 5, 3, 6, 5, 5, 6 2 successes

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Max attempts one last push: one last flurry of investigative work. Spell and amulets seemed to be the Egyptians charms and protections of choice. They had be objects of course - graven stone, painted or carved on walls, little charms and statues. Whether or not such devices would affect a being such as their opponent was unclear.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

And time runs out. Quite literally. As they work, the first twinges of numbness ripple through the Kindred's limbs - dawn is coming. Reluctantly, the duo have to cut short their investigations. They have what they have. A date with destiny looms...

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread