Ended
Watch
11 - 18
DISPLAYED
A Column in the Library

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Emrys

PRE

"Sorry." Emrys said, conceding his tone was both unnecessary and uncalled for. "Desire to learn is good enough in the combat front. I'm gonna look into some marksmanship training and acquisition in the next couple months, so if that's a thing you can manage I'll provide when I get the chance."

"Otherwise it might be good to build those networks and skills as we approach the Banisher threat." The Syndic continued. "I'm kinda assuming you know what specifically you can bring to the table beyond what's been mentioned, so improve and be ready when the call comes."

The Enchanter shrugged. If they didn't have an extensive skill set then they needed time to build one, Emrys included. "In the meanwhile, I was wondering if you two had any thoughts or concerns regarding security, the Column, whatever else might be on your mind."

R
    Rantifusa

"About that, I can take care of IT security... We don't know who may be reading our emails, our texts, our files. At the same time we should start working on getting our enemies' private information too. It may be helpful before any fight" she said.

And by enemies I also mean the diamond. But she wouldn't say that here.

"I can take care of all that, if that's what the Free Council wants."

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein nods at both of the others as they talk. "I agree. We also need to make sure that the Council doesn't get stagnant. Keep challenging them, keep them on their toes. It's our job to protect the Council from other threats and from itself."

Emrys

PRE

Emrys nodded along with what Hope had said. He wasn't that worried about Hackers, as he didn't have a computer and his smart phone would only reveal the dirty secret of just how much money the enchanter dumped into music. Scandalous.

"Mention that at the next meeting, in case there are other people good enough with computers to help with that." He said to Hope, doubting that niche would be a lonely one in the Council. Teamwork was always good.

When the Enchanter turned his attention to Einstein, it was with a small smirk. "Isn't that just part of being a Libertine?" It wasn't a sarcastic question.

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

"Of course it is. But as the Column, we're the watchers. And we need to watch out for when the others aren't taking care of that and do it ourselves. That's our job." She gave him a slightly suspicious look.

R
    Rantifusa

"So... what's the plan now?" says Hope, a bit impacient. "You mentioned marksmanship training. I have a shotgun back at home, never used it.", she likes the idea of learning how to shoot, luck can defend herself well enough but having a weapon makes it easier.

Emrys

PRE

Emrys nodded with what Einstein said. Technically the Citizen Agents were the watchers, and none of them were CA's, but he wasn't going to split hairs.

"The plan is train and be ready." Emrys said. "Nous pretty much told us to fuck off, and if she's gonna try and strong arm the Concilium under her command then the Free Council needs to be ready."

The Enchanter paused. "I'm not following dictator Nous, but if the Sentinels come knocking we're fucked without a legit Column. So train, play nice, and lay low. When we have the power we can try and make a move, but for now? We roll over and help with the Banishers whenever we can."

Finally his gaze falls exclusively to Hope. "I said I'll look into a teacher, which I'm going to do soon. Once I learn, I'll teach you guys first thing. If you can learn a skill or martial art to teach us, it'll give us more to offer recruits and more to use for ourselves."

Emrys

PRE

Though they were unable to act now, the COlumn had much to discuss come the next meeting it would seem. This meeting though? Silence dragged and the Libertines were unable to hash out any further plans.

4 days with no posting, assuming we are good to end.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread