Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
A Column in the Library

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Emrys

PRE

Emrys waited in the library, hidden behind stacks of books and meandering sleepers. True fools oblivious to Truth read and studied and fantasized about Truth and Knowledge with the tools before them. It was boring as hell to watch, and the numbers using books slowly dwindled in the twenty first century, but it was still a vehicle to somewhere better. Though the vehicle couldn't reach it's true destination, it didn't change the fact there were people everywhere still reaching for something higher.

The Syndic himself could be found near the back of the library leaning against the closed door to a study room. The room itself was bland, with two rectangular wood tables and two uncomfortable plastic library chairs per side of the cube.

With a bored expression the Enchanter waits for the others.

Pot 4 Time Sight, Pot 1 Time Armor
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-15 00:14:43 Emrys rolls 6 to Imp Temporal Dodge (Gno+Time+2 HS-2 Adv Prolong) (10 Again) 6, 5, 1, 2, 8, 7 1 success
    2015-01-15 00:14:25 Emrys rolls 6 to Imp Temporal Eddies (Gno+Time+2 HS-2 Adv Prolong) (10 Again) 2, 9, 8, 10, 1, 4, 8 4 successes

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein meanders in, nodding to the librarian sitting at the front desk. She knew the place well, being a researcher and all. It had struck her the same as most libraries these days; empty and frankly a little depressing. No one read books anymore. They were too busy with their TVs and video games and reality-destroying research. Or maybe that was just her. She forgot sometimes. She looked around the stacks for Emrys for a bit, then, spotting him in the back, walked over to where he was standing. "Heya. We gonna be working in there?" She kept her voice low, because library, and pointed at the door.

Pot 5 Magic Shield, Pot 3 Supernal Vision. -2 Mana to Cloak
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-15 18:50:32 Einstein rolls 11 to Magic Shield (Resolve + Occult + Prime + HS) (10 Again) 10, 7, 10, 5, 1, 2, 8, 3, 4, 2, 4, 9, 10, 6 5 successes
    2015-01-15 18:50:16 Einstein rolls 9 to Supernal Vision (Wits + Occult + Prime + HS) (10 Again) 10, 7, 1, 9, 3, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9 3 successes

R
    Rantifusa

Pot 1 Fortune's Protection, -1 mana for duration
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-15 20:38:42 Hope rolls 6 to Fortune's Protection. Gnosis 1 + Fate 3 + HS 2. (10 Again) 3, 1, 1, 5, 1, 9 1 success

A library is a strange place to organize a small army, but Hope thought this would probably be just a previous meeting. She arrived early, so while she waited she wandered in the library. So much knowledge, and they are not even all the areas of knowledge in the world... there are some areas reserved for a few. But it will change....

Being early, she needed to kill some time. Hope closed her eyes a bit so she would only be able to see where she is walking but nothing else. She walked between the book shelves and then, at a random point she stopped, faced one of the shelves and places her finger in a random book. She opened her eyes and read the title of book she picked... A brazilian book?, but not understanding the language didn't stop her, she took a sit and read the words not knowing what they meant.

'Como fazíamos antes de inventarem essas máquinas complicadas que sempre deixam a gente na mão' Hmm... invent, machine, complicated.... Hope's imagination traveled miles away, imagining another story out of those foreign words that she could not understand. She continued 'reading', page after page...

'À vezes me pergunto como Elisa a tolera por tanto tempo? Não que eu não a estime, mas as vezes ela é um pouco... demais!'... So, this would be... tolera, tolerate... estime, estimate? time?... Hope stopped to think for a second "Shit!" She said out loud and inmediately covered her mouth with a hand. What time is it?, she left the book where she found it and moved quickly without running looking for the room Emrys talked about. Einstein and Emrys were at the door and not inside the room yet. "I'm sorry, am I late?"

Emrys

PRE

"Hey." The Enchanter started cheerily. "Yeah, hopefully we can do better when we get our own place."

As Hope approached he just shrugged and opened the door. "Nah, you're good." Emrys waved the two into the room, closing the door behind them.

"So obviously this isn't a training session or anything, and I'm definitely hoping for a more appropriate setting once we get the Lorehouse setup, but I wanted to talk in detail about what each of us can bring to the Column." The Syndic grabbed a seat, lazily leaning forward on the table. "First things first though. I think we should keep knowledge of our specific talents confined to the Column. We made it known we are willing to help at the Assembly and Crowley can pass the message along, but keeping specific skills and martial abilities to ourselves ensures that the Arrow is the first stop for defense of the Diamond. That keeps us free to pursue our own agendas as need be. Obviously it's in our best interest to assist the Diamond with the Banishers, but with just three of us? It's best if we stick to support roles and let the Arrow fight on the front lines I think."

Palms shift up and Emrys points to the others with his index fingers. "Agree? Disagree?

R
    Rantifusa

Hope focused in the conversation, it wasn't the time to be distracted. "I wouldn't mind if this column fights together with the diamond against a common enemy, it makes things easier. But when the time to fight comes let's make clear that this is not an extension of the Arrow's army. I know this is obvious now but in times of danger it may not be so clear. The column answers to the Free Council and the Free Council only, even if our role in the battles against the banishers is that of support. Making that clear, yes, I agree."

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein walked in with them, grabbing herself a seat. "Yeah, makes sense to me. Keep ourselves to ourselves. The Diamond has the Arrow, and the Council has us, and there's probably not gonna be a whole lot of overlap anyway." She coughed. "As for skills, I'm not much of a fighter physically, but I'm pretty good at dispelling. Push comes to shove I can drag off shields, sights, and other offensive spells."

R
    Rantifusa

Oh, right, skills...

When Einstein finishes is done Hope says "I study the Fate Arcana, defensive, offensive, it doesn't matter, luck and probability affects us all in every way. As you can guess I'm not a physical fighter either, in a direct fight I can only rely on my magic."

Emrys

PRE

"So we have nothing in the way of actual fighting ability?" The Enchanter asked with a raised eyebrow. Fate and Prime didn't stop a bullet to the brain. "Do either of you have any interest in learning to fight? At the very least how to aim a gun or something?"

The Column was dead in the water if no one actually knew how to fight. Of coarse there were Citizen Agents, but they were drawn from Minutemen and occasionally expected to fight as well. "So let me ask you ladies this, how are you with computers? Or sneaking? Or networking? Or anything else that could help us infiltrate the University? If we can't fight, we can try to build an intelligence base? As a Disciple of Time and Apprentice of Space I can do some stuff with that, but we need mundane skills and effort put into intelligence that Arcana aren't going to give us if we go that route."

Fun fact? Arcana weren't everything, and the fact that no one in this potential Column could stop a bullet was a testament to that. Mundane skills made the world just as livable as Supernatural ones did, and they didn't even have that pesky paradox to worry about.

R
    Rantifusa

We already said we are no fighters during the meeting, don't act surprised. And yes, I'm here to learn in order to help with whatever the column needs., she says, a bit pissed at the tone Emrys was using.

"Computer skills... that's different... in that I can help."

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

PRE

Einstein frowned at Emrys. "Well, unless you have enough fighting ability, no we don't. But yeah, I'm willing to learn. It'll probably take a while though, I got a bunch of other things taking up my time." She paused, thinking through his questions. "I guess I can use a computer. That's it though. Not great at being sneaky. I can sorta network, though. And I have a PhD, so I can act like I belong pretty easily."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread