Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Wayward Cousins

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

PRE

A meeting room at the Nox. Serviceable, certainly, and protected by the decree of Elysium, which was indeed a valuable asset, but Josephine Sterling could not help but sigh as she looked over the interior of the room. It would be far more pleasant if there was a choice to be had, rather than simply being bound by a default place of meeting. Perhaps that was simply something she would have to address. Control over land rights was something she possessed, after all, and for most that was a most substantial obstacle. Yes, it was something she should look into, but that would have to wait for another eve.

Upon this night, Josephine had a rather intriguing meeting to conduct. The former bearer of her Title and authority had returned to the Domain, and tonight she would welcome them back home, provided it fit the "advisement" her Whip provided. Yes, that was part of what made this meeting so intriguing. She knew that Hildegarde held no love for her, and Josephine had certainly done nothing to change that fact, so the evening could go a number of different ways. It was stimulating, actually. Far more than most of her nights previous had been.

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, Jaqen liked this post

Katsuro Tomori

A ghostly pale old school cool Cadillac rolled through in the night. It's engine roared like a lion, the old cars did that sort of thing. Eventually it made it's way to it's intended stop. White hands gripped the pearl interior in anticipation. So many nights spent in the office he was about to enter. As the pale hand turned the engine off, he looked around the area and checked the time, then straightened his tie.

As pale hands move up, it slides over a freshly shaven face. Something to get used to...It was new...Galloway felt odd, but he knew that coming back like this would require a grand statement. There was no simply returning as though nothing had happened. He had abandoned his Covenant and his Clan in that exact order of importance. He had to catch attention in the right way and so the Southern Gentleman had spent his time reviewing the styles of the last 100 years or so and settled on something more recent in appearance.

August smiled as he looked himself over, just one more time in the mirror. A long time ago, one of the first things he had learned about vampires is that all Ventrue must stand out, it's in the nature of the blood. But one must be mindful of how one does so. He had dressed like a relic from the civil war, feigning pomp and age. Looking older so that neophytes treated him with the proper air...It was little more than a parlor trick. One that needed to be shed, like many things. Change was hard for vampires, it either comes slowly over many long arduous years, or, when faced with the need to adapt and overcome lest ye be cast aside...well that kind of change came instantly if it could.

Plus, in an attempt to please the last Bishop he had shredded one of the few good suits of the Era he'd had left. Needless to say, it was a very different, yet still same Southern Gentleman that stepped out of the car. New suit, new cane, new hair....

Every Girls Crazy 'Bout a Sharp Dressed Man

It took a bit of time with the limp. The tap, tap, tap down the stairs heralding his arrival, but eventually he made it to his old office before knocking on the door to enter.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Skeleton Keys: Closet

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 4/11
    Willpower: 1/4
    Health: [][][][][][][]

Skeleton Keys: Cotouri

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 6/11
    Willpower: 3/4
    Health: [_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_]
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 10/11
    Willpower: 4/4
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hildegarde stalks down the stairs to the Elysian Field. Heels click. Today the Lord is dressed as a business woman, or a secretary - black skirt, cream coloured shirt, hair bound and locked in place with a barrette (echo of the fashion of a bygone era). Pale skin accentuated by red lipstick. The doll mask is warped into a smile. Or a smirk. Depends on the angle of the viewer and what one considers the Whip to be thinking about. Chunky clutch purse moving between her hands as she pauses, quivers, stops a pose before it forms.

And then she was off again, her heels drumming a dirge as she drew closer. She neither slowed nor stopped, head bobbing slightly with an almost predatory, animistic grace as she sniffed the air.

When she found them, the Lord dropped into a mannikin pose while her eyes slid over the them both. A tongue poked out and licked her lacquered lips.

"Priscus. Mister... Galloway? You have returned, then? Welcome."
    Blood Potency 3|Vitae 11/1|Willpower 4/4|Health 7/7| Doll Face

5. Likes Cayce liked this post

PRE

An uncomfortable length of silence bloomed and then, "Perhaps he has," Josephine clarified, pointedly steepling her fingers. "It depends, as most things do, upon many factors. I am prepared to welcome him back fully. I am also prepared for other eventualities, however, so why don't we begin by allowing our esteemed guest, for the moment, to share his proposal with us. Or his story, perhaps." An ermine white hand flowed outward, palm up, in the direction of Galloway, signalling his opportunity to speak.

7. Likes Jaqen liked this post

Katsuro Tomori

He gave a nod of recognition and respect as he was handed the floor.

"As you may know, the Lance is, when necessary fierce and quick to move as Gods wrath. Gods wrath has no better place than in the heart of the damned." He began slowly.

"At times, that wrath can be misdirected by those who would subvert the congregation. There was a faction in my Old Parish that felt I didn't know my place. That viewed my leaving as...swift. They wished to give me a reminder that sometimes God is patient. God is slow. Methodical." He knelt down, awkwardly. Placing his cane by his side, he rolled up his left pant leg revealing a Crucifix made of metal drilled with surgical screws into his leg on his kneecap. It allowed for a very limited range of motion. One would imagine in order to kneel to pray properly, or for any reason at all really, including to explain such a thing...well, such an act would be excruciatingly painful.

But it did keep Mr. Galloway from having to mince words. Many of the Lance's hardline faction knew exactly what this was used for, a punishment for wayward childer who hadn't earned final death, from their Sire.

"I have, however, through the grace of God, been allowed to return to Sacramento and scrape together what I may from the wreckage of what is left of my Requiem in the many months it's been neglected." He finished as he stood again, returning to his former position, leaning on his cane.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Blood Potency 3

Blood Potency 3
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hildegarde watches dispassionately as Galloway relates his tale. That changes the moment the Lord reveals the nature of his wounding. The doll straightens sharply. Her face becomes briefly animated and her fangs flicker at the edge of her open lips.

"Wonderbar..."

With effort, the animation is reined in. "Oh that is terrible," the Lord added listlessly. "Such a barbaric punishment." Her eyes linger over the wound and the peculiar contraption until it is hidden once more.

10. Likes Dark Passenger, Jaqen, Cayce liked this post

PRE

The Priscus' eyes widened in surprise as Galloway revealed the cruel truth of tale, and her steepled fingers collapsed onto the tables polished top as thought each digit was submitting to the inadequacy of their former posturing and bowing before the sudden reversal of their exchange. The fact that it was her covenant that had done this to him, no matter that she was not actually associated that particular congregation, would transform any further harshness on her end into only further oppression and social brutality. Terribly ironic, given that it was because of her covenant that she had been treated to those very things by the prejudiced heathen who had been named Reeve. Alas, nothing could be done. Such was, apparently, her lot, yet she was determined to meet it as well as she might.

"Misdirected, is, I believe, a far too kind and far too insufficient description in regards to the character of your torturers, Mr. Galloway," Josephine began slowly, tearing her eyes away from the crucifix imbedded in his flesh. "Their choice of theological symbolism only further reveals their ignorance and I hope that you do not find me rude in expressing my sorrow that you have been treated thus. Indeed, in light of this I would say that my own treatment of you has been less than just. Circumstance does play a role in determining fault, after all. What rights would you claim in order to, in your own words, scrape together what you may?"

Katsuro Tomori

So sorry, didn't see that you had posted Cayce ! Dunno how I missed it. Still, gave us some time to wrap up our conversations in court I s'pose.

Galloway didn't make mention of Hildegarde's enthusiastic remarks. He simply waited listening for Josephine to speak to see how best to react.

When she did, internally August sighed in relief. A break in the waves of Josephine's callousness was a breath of fresh air. It allowed the expression on his face to lessen, if only slightly.

"Your words mean a lot. I had feared their judgement might've clouded your own...Thank you, Priscus Sterling." He paused, considering her offer of rights.

"If you feel my time served as Priscus was worth it, I would claim not only Re-Acknowledgement, but Tenancy. The chance to start my own business afresh. I have no eyes on the Priscuship, unless of course I see it's honor tarnished by the actions of one undeserving." The last sentence was clear, but delicate. He hoped she understood it wasn't a threat. He wanted the best for himself and more importantly, his clan. Any Ventrue would expect nothing less. "I would also be willing to act as Advocate on behalf of the Parish of Sacramento in the Halls of the Invictus, as a continuation of good will between you and I for my continued Tenancy."

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Blood Potency 3

Blood Potency 3
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

Eyes flicker in a listless, insipid, mask. "I see. Quite reasonable." Languidly, Hildegarde turned to Josephine.

PRE

"If the Whip of our illustrious Clan thinks it to be reasonable then there is no reason in my mind why your request cannot be granted. I shall Grant you acknowledgement and Tenancy, and hope that such will not be the only reason for a continuation of your good will. All three of us who are in this room will only benefit from the consideration and cooperation of the others. The other clans and some of the other Court officials, even, are not our friends. They might not name themselves enemy, or make flagrant moves against us, but they will not aid us unless they are forced to. We, however, being family, have reason to ensure the success of the others and only benefit from having cousins and allies as strong as ourselves," Josephine spoke, hoping that the others would find the truth of her words to their liking.

2 successes to read Bingen and Galloway's reactions
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-26 04:03:33 Jojo rolls 5 to read dem vampires (wits3+emp2) (10 Again) 3, 10, 8, 6, 7, 1 2 successes

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread