Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Wayward Cousins

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Katsuro Tomori

"I have only just returned to the Domain...haven't had a chance to even meet the knew Reeve yet. I don't envy the man, Bishop Connery he said using the old dogs lancea title, curiously watching josephines expression. Pardon me, former Bishop?" he honestly wasn't sure. If Connery returned, would he be the lead man? Good thing to know...obviously the Older Beast could just take the position...but would his subordinates be happy?

"Well, they are large shoes to fill, no doubt.... he paused giving thoughts to loyalty or insults. "Honestly, Edwin Bridges is the only person I can think of who's been less than thrilling lately...He and I, I had thought, were closer than we are. Apparently he's only interested in himself and his pagan ways. I'm not sentencing the man, by any means...but I thought I could trust him, and I was mistaken." The Lord thinks back on the experience in court, not too fondly. Being ignored, talked down too, and then having his offer of friendship and repair of damage rebuffed was quite a lot to happen in one court.

"I can only imagine what his true colors are."
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

PRE

"Bishop Connery has, unfortunately, disappeared from this Domain. Thus he is not Bishop here, though I could not say if he is elsewhere," Josephine replied, a brow arching curiously at Galloway. What was the purpose behind such unnecessary probing?

"It is the Hierophant of the Crone, Chris Wooding, who had replaced him as Reeve, in case you've had dealing with the man," she continued. "I am not fond of him, and I suspect that he has issues with our clan. Edwin would, perhaps, know the extent of this as he is beneath Wooding in the Crone. Regardless, Edwin is our cousin, and thus I think him quite outside consideration for a target."

3. Likes Jaqen liked this post
    Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Skeleton Keys: Closet

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 4/11
    Willpower: 1/4
    Health: [][][][][][][]

Skeleton Keys: Cotouri

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 6/11
    Willpower: 3/4
    Health: [_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_]
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 10/11
    Willpower: 4/4
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hildegarde kept silent and simply watched the exchange between Josephine and Galloway.

"I have noticed none who are worth our ire. The Haunts are much diminished. The Succubi appear less of a force without Velma's guiding hand. And the Shadows are inward looking, besides they have little we want. Not enough to make a spectacle. One might hunt one of the newer faces at Court but what is the point when they are fresh and have little to offer: ensnaring one in a scheme could be justifiable but the value of such a connection would be lost upon its revelation."

She began to shift into one of her poses - one that evoked deep thought or consideration.

"No. If you want a challenge to be anything more than a party game, the only credible option is to challenge our peers to obtain a Site beneficial to the Domain as a whole and our Family in particular." The mannikin moved, shifting pose to something more melodramatic. "Why not set them a challenge to obtain control over one of the clubs that once formed part of our Elysian Field, but which have since fallen away? The Ember or the Reverence, was it not? Or perhaps a new club altogether... perhaps way from the main rack where one does not have to worry about competing... jurisdictions?"
    Blood Potency 3|Vitae 11/1|Willpower 4/4|Health 7/7| Doll Face

5. Likes Jaqen liked this post

Katsuro Tomori

August nodded in agreement, there really were few challenges to the Lords currently. Good he wasn't as far out of the loop as he thought. As the talk turned to gaining a site, or retaking a club the wheels really started turning. He approached the idea softly, at first.Are...we sure the domain needs another house of debauchery?" he said looking from the Whip to the Priscus. "Yes, they are nice, and flashy...but we have so many. Perhaps something more useful. Does His Grace still have the restrictions on pawns of medical value? A bloodbank perhaps, or a small clinic where blood drives are often done. Clan Ventrue should be able to feed the Domain, I think." August of course had other ideas for potential sites, but he had just negotiated tenancy of course...so perhaps those site ideas were just going to remain his?
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

PRE

"Though I did not like the man, I do wish that Roderick's plan had come to pass. I find myself wishing that our clan had more physical teeth. All the better to protect the blood we do have, though it might not help us acquire more of it. Regardless, to answer your question Mr. Galloway, the Prince claims only Police, Firemen, Emergency Medical Technicians, and Hospital employees. A blood bank would, I believe, not infringe upon any of those specifications. It would be beneficial for us to obtain his approval nonetheless. It would be polite, after all.

"And,"
    Josephine added, "though I do believe that having our clan engage in an enterprise such as those we've discussed would benefit our clan, I do not think it would be a fitting competition. For one, each competitor would need to have Tenancy. For two, it would not be hard for any remotely competent individual to accomplish. A true test must be something with risk to the participants. Consequences for failure. An activity such as those, well, those do not possess any substantial risk. Perhaps, though, it would be more beneficial to us to set aside the idea of a test, and instead move on to ideas of what clan endeavor would benefit us most. Blood, Teeth, or Bait? Perhaps something else entirely."

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Blood Potency 3

Blood Potency 3
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yes," the Whip agreed. "Perhaps a test is the wrong way to approach this. Establish a collective goal and then letting the ambitious among us find their own way to achieve that objective. Much better. We do not wish to overly antagonise our rivals."

She turned her blank face to the Priscus. "You are the head of this Family. The responsibility is on your shoulders alone. My task is simply to communicate your wishes to the Clan as a whole."

Katsuro Tomori

"Stratification is a natural process after all." August chimed in. "But yes, ultimately whatever you decide is best, shall be best." August nods in a show of respect to the Priscus, before making a slight show of pulling out his pocket watch.

"Well, it has been a very productive evening Priscus Josephine, Whip Bingen. If we are done with business however, might I suggest taking a few nights to mull over clan goals. If you wish, we could meet again on a more regular basis to keep in touch, make sure things are going smoothly?"

"Very well. The night does draw late. It is likely best that we three withdraw to our homes. I shall speak with you both again soon, but in the meantime I pray that your nights be bloody," the Priscus said, inclining her head to both Ventrue.

Great scene!

11. Likes Jaqen, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Blood Potency 3

Blood Potency 3
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yes. I concur." Hildegarde flashed a rare predatory grin.

What is this? A rival? Interesting...

good scene

13. Likes Jaqen liked this post

Katsuro Tomori

August gives another polite bow to the two. "Most excellent. I look forward to our next gathering."

The Lord then begins the slow journey of exiting, limping along as he goes with the tap, tap, tap of his cane seeming more jovial than when it came down the stairs some time ago.

Fantastic scene

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread