Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(SN 2014) Harvey and L'aire

S
    Sasha

The Onyx Fairest mirrored the Shadowsoul’s chuckle along with a blush, distinct against her white skin. “Thank you very much Harvey.” As she stood by the opening at the side of the bar.

“That wasn’t really my intention. But, I’ve not been one to hold back when performing for an audience.” L’aire gently shrugged a single shoulder. “Besides, that, it’s our time of year. I’d hate to dishonor our Queen with a poor performance.”

Meekly, she continued as she asked a question. “I know you’re busy tonight a quick question though. So there’s this ice cream lover. They want some chocolate covered peanut rocky road. Do you know if there’s any available? I think maybe a dish, possibly a cone.” **

Harvey simply nods at the Dancer's words, offering her a quick smile.

"I wouldn't expect you to hold back while performing," he said in response. "There are times when holding back is prudent, but on the stage...well, I would expect you to give it your all." The Shadowsoul's smile widened just slightly as he said those words. "I am certain that Queen Byeli was pleased with your performance," he added, glancing at their Queen's table once more.

When L'aire asked her question, Harvey remained silent for a few seconds before responding. "I don't keep ice cream here at the bar," he said to her. "And while that's not a common flavor, I'm sure that something can be arranged at a different time."

OOC

S
    Sasha

The Fairest liked that she could make Harvey smile. It was rare, more than people knew. This did not help with the problem of the odd crush she had on him. L’aire couldn’t explain it, but it was there. Her blushing turned into radiating through her natural glow, it probably got brighter than normal as he kept smiling wider. But when he mentioned how Katrin would be pleased, it was probably the brightest she’d felt in a long time.

Maybe he knew she needed it.

“Oh, you are?” Her violet eyes following the ShadowSoul’s glance to the Queen. “I hope she did.” Despite being an Onyx, she felt pretty warm and fuzzy right now.

Nodding, the Dancer replied. “Oh, of course you don’t make it at the bar. I mean, who would want a Pink Squirrel tonight anyway.” The Fairest shrugged while she continued. “I wouldn’t mind trying a Pink Squirrel either, but only if you made it.” L’aire stopped, realizing what she said was strange, even for a Winter. ***

Harvey nodded in response to her question. "For as long as I have known our Queen, I have known her to appreciate the finer things," said the Shadowsoul to the Dancer, his eyes drifting away from Katrin in order to meet hers. "You are quite talented, and no one can deny that."

When she went on about the Pink Squirrel, the Sun Banisher let out a soft chuckle. "Of course not. But I could arrange for it another time, so feel free to bring him by," he said in response to her, offering her a quick wink. "So...can I get you something to drink that doesn't involve pink or squirrels?" A slight smirk touched the corner of his lips as he asked the question.

S
    Sasha

Laughing with a slightly nervous timbre in her voice, “Harvey, you’re going to make this all go to my head.” She felt radiant and her body was probably doing close to the same, mixed in with deeply blushing at his ongoing praise. “You’re making me speechless.”

Her eyes met the Shadowsoul’s for a moment, the Dancer wondered something but let it pass as she spoke. “It’s not like I can do that outside of the Freehold anyway.” L’aire trailed off quietly, a slight sadness in her voice beneath the glowing grin.

She breathed a little, looking away for a moment at the Gargoyle she was trying to help. “Sure, I will definitely do that.” He winked again, she followed it with a sweet smirk. “Uh, well, I usually drink water.” Which her fellow Fairest was quite aware of, and she didn’t know why she said it. “But, I drove here. So, um, I don’t know?” L’aire quickly skimmed behind the bar. “Maybe, some juice? Or… well, no you need that for mixed drinks, I think. Club soda? Oh wait that’s just bubbly water anyway….” She had no idea why she was suddenly indecisive and rambling, but quickly added meekly. “Surprise me?”

Sure, sound like a completely idiot with the guy who is basically the Queen’s second in command.

Harvey let out a soft chuckle at her response. "I'm merely stating the facts," he said, offering her a quick wink. He nodded at her next words, understanding what she had meant. They were both of the Silent Arrow after all, and upholding the Ice Law was of the utmost importance. "Of course not. So you should cherish the moments in which you get to show off your true talent," he said, offering her a quick smile.

The Sun Banisher couldn't help but be amused by her indecision, but his neutral expression did not betray his true feelings about the whole thing. Instead, he simply nodded to the Dancer. "I'll come up with something," he said to her before turning his attention to the bar in order to fix her up something. A few seconds later, he returned holding a martini glass in his hand. However, its contents look nothing like any martini she had ever seen.

"Kids call it the Green Lantern," he said, a smirk forming on the corner of his lips. "Not a single drop of alcohol in it. So feel free to enjoy it."

S
    Sasha

The Dancer had never seen Harvey smile, nor wink as much as he had since tonight. “Yes, you’re right. And I will cherish it.” The glowing smile still on her face.

Despite never having the conversation, the Shadowsoul seemed to be aware about her concerns with alcohol. “Well, it’s very pretty. Very green.” L’aire giggled when she took the stem in her long fingers and pulled it toward her. She daintily picked up the bright green drink and took a sip. “Oh, limey. I mean, tastes very lime.” Grinning, she took another longer sip. “I like it. Thank you very much.”

“I should probably not take up any more of your time tonight.” L’aire realized that he probably had more people to replenish. “Uh, speaking of time. Maybe if you do have any time, or uh… um, maybe we could have coffee?” The last time they went for coffee, they’d both been called away. “Again?” The Fairest laughed a little nervously. She hardly knew why he made her nervous, but it was not the same type that she had around Katrin.

Harvey let out a chuckle at her response. "It is very green indeed," he said, looking around the room. "Like many of the folks here tonight." It was no secret that there were many new faces in the Freehold, something the Sun Banisher certainly paid close attention to. "I'm glad you like it though," he added as his eyes turned their attention back to the Fairest.

"Well, its looking like this party will be over soon anyway," he said in response to her words. He wasn't looking forward to having to do all that clean up, but fortunately he had Swilla to do much of the heavy lifting. "Coffee?" said the Shadowsoul, his eyes meeting hers as he pondered her question. "Sure. You'll have to pick a time when I'm not running this joint," he said after a brief pause, a smirk forming once again on the corner of his lips.

S
    Sasha

L’aire joined Harvey’s glance around the room. Her nod was cautious as her eyes peered over a few. But, she was an Onyx, and the Shadowsoul and her shared that common concern about anyone new. She sipped again as he spoke of new people and the green drink. At least he didn’t do the obvious and match a drink to her eyes.

“Yeah, it is.” Her head turned to see Katrin again, lingering on the Fairest a silent wish there was another day to talk.

Her head turned back when Harvey questioned coffee. L’aire’s violet eyes looked back to his, unsure what he was thinking or maybe searching for an excuse. “Yes, of course. I don’t really know when that is though. Um…” Her hand slipped to her hip, then she realized that she still had the performance outfit on. “I don’t have my phone on me.” There would be no place for it anyway. “Uh, you have my number right? Maybe call? Or… I don’t know how late you stay up after bar close. I could come by after. Sleep is sort of… not…” Too many details L’aire. “Just, let me know if you can. It’s no big deal. I know you’re busy.”

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.