DISPLAYED
(PrP S&N) Sifting Through Ashes

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Tessa Daniel Leto Ava Campbell
    Continued from To Fetch a Fetch

for Ava
    for Tessa
    for Daniel

Their investigation seems to provide them many leads to pursue regarding Tessa's Fetch. After finishing their investigative search, the Changelings rendezvous once more outside of Edna's Boarding House to share what they've learned. The light fog that had settled over the city throughout the morning is beginning to clear as the chill air starts to warm by the midday sun. Still, warmer jackets are worn by the few passerbys that navigate the sidewalks.

Suggested Mood Music:

2. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post
    S
    Saeyer

She was right on time for the meeting in front of Edna's, for once. Bundled up in a thick sweater, scarf wrapped around the upturned collar of her blazer and the lower half of her face, Ava's eyes smiled. It would be interesting to see what people had turned up, and where it might take them. She hadn't found any 'a-ha!' worthy material, but there were leads enough to keep them busy and maybe turn into something more. Her hellos were muffled by the scarf, which she tugged down to speak over.

"Hey, how'd it go? Any luck?" Photocopies of the articles she found were tucked snugly way in the bag over her shoulder, ready for quick reference should they need them.

A
    AwakeOrangutang

Looking to correct her mistake from last time, Tessa went out of her way to get a little more tidied. She made sure to take a shower before they arrived and brushed her hair out thoroughly so as to look presentable. She wore a light blue turtleneck to ward against the chill and a pair jeans, nice ones that looked current and didn't have any holes in them. She debated getting some makeup for the occasion but decided that might be trying too hard. Her room, unfortunately, was a bit of a lost cause. She couldn't bring herself to straighten it up because everything was in its place in her mind. Instead, she'd make sure they stayed in the kitchen.

"Decent. I found out that there was a string of burglaries while I was under Durance in north Sacramento. Turns out Theresa was suspected in those but isn't actually wanted at the moment. Also, in exchange for this information, I am to deliver this package," said as she places the box on the table in front of them, "to a house in Rio Linda. Which happens to be in North Sacramento. " Hey, Ava had a car and they were going up there anyways. Might as well get a ride up there. She also withheld her information about Matthew Bowman. That there was private information, meant for her own use. She doubted the others would even understand.

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

Daniel arrived to the next meeting with a bag slung over his shoulder and several layers. A jacket over a hoodie over a plaid shirt. As everyone settled in he opened his bag and produced a computer to put on the kitchen table. He had brought his laptop with him this time, since it had most of his research. It wasn't the most top of the line equipment, fairly standard really, but it was something he could wipe without too many regrets. Though as he powered it on he realized he wasn't even sure if the house had wifi much less what the password might be. He really was starting to get more used to working out of coffee shops than he'd realized.

“Hey Ava. Hey Tessa. I didn’t find a lot. Found that video you were talking Tessa and some potential social profiles that could be her. Didn’t get a chance to try to hack them though. More interesting, you know that fire, that was in Rio Linda too. And there was a man, Eddy Herrera, who died in it,” Daniel smiled looking very pleased with himself.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

6. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post
    S
    Saeyer

"Well, I found an article about the arson, might've been the same thing you read, Daniel. I've got it with me if you want to read it," she said, looking to Tessa, "But it's like he said: Rio Linda, Eddy Herrera, all that. Apparently Theresa was brought in and questioned about it but they let her go; sounded like a lack of hard evidence thing, not necessarily that she was believed innocent."

Ava eyed the package with undisguised curiosity. "I'm seeing a field trip in our future. Though, I don't suppose we know what's in that?" It wasn't the most important detail, but she wasn't entirely comfortable with the idea of Tessa dropping off who-knew-what on someone's doorstep. Mundie cops, mundie problems, though, right? Still, she liked to know what was going on, at least as far as it could be tied back to her, and her friends.

A
    AwakeOrangutang

"Makes sense. Arson's are pretty good at getting rid of any residence, so long as you don't mind doing a lot of damage. Looks like you got your dead guy, though, Daniel. You know, I here Rio Linda's really nice the time of year too. Feels just like the rest of Sacramento." Tessa noticed Ava's curious examination and scooted the package closer to her.

"No, I don't know what's in here. And quite frankly, I don't want to know. The boys I got this from weren't exactly upstanding citizens. If we don't know what's in the box, then we won't be lying if anyone else asks what's in it. As far as I'm concerned, it's a gift and I'm the mailman."

Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan

Daniel shrugged at the discussion of the package. "I'd say if they asked you not to open it you shouldn't unless you have excellent reason to be suspicious. Trying to find out isn't worth the risk of upsetting your contacts. Steaming stuff open, repackaging,. It's a hassle."

Daniel leaned on the table "So it sounds like a field trip to do the delivery and then meet Eddy. Assuming I can get him. If I can, we should have at least three questions prepared on what we want to ask him."

S
    Saeyer

Ava nodded slowly as Tessa explained why she didn't want to open it, and then Daniel weighed in with a similar opinion. She silently filed away the Gravewight's apparent familiarity with how to open and reseal things without leaving much of a trace. "Alright, works for me. If we're all free, I've got my car; it won't take us long to get there. But, before we decide on our questions, do we want to have two sets? One set for if he recognizes Tessa, and one for if he doesn't?" That was, of course, assuming Eddy Herrara would be able to see them even if they couldn't see him. Important goals aside, she was a little excited to see this Contract in action; it would certainly be informative. "It might be helpful if we knew a little more about how exactly you're planning to contact him." She knew about the Contracts, but there were options to be chosen from, depending on what was available to Daniel.

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

“Well, there are basically two options for contacting the dead that I have. The first one I’ve been talking about is one of the higher level contracts I know. I essentially drag a shade of someone into this world. It’s not a real ghost, more like a collection of memories, but it will know what Eddy did in life and will answer questions truthfully. I can’t say for sure I’ll be successful given it requires a lot of physical strength to perform," Daniel made a general indication towards his less than bulky frame "but if I am, we will be able to ask four questions; more if we’re lucky.

"The other option depends entirely on Eddy. I guess it will really be our first option when we arrive. I’ll activate ghostly presence so I can see, hear, and talk with ghosts and see if Mr. Herrera is hanging around. If he is then I can either grant you two the sight with Dread Companion or perform a Haunting Intercession. Dread Companion lets you see or hear or touch ghosts, but only one. Haunting Intercession forces the ghost to manifest physically. That last one’s catch needs a dinner for the dead with a meal and unused plates and silverware."

"However, depending on how friendly Eddy is that might not be a good idea. And that’s the catch with option two. Ghosts can be touchy and sometimes violent,"
    he caught Ava's eye for a moment, she knew the full story but right now he'd just give some highlights "I’ve seen them go all poltergeist and make things fly around the room and possibly control, paralyze, or force choke you. If Eddy does blame Theresa for his death, he might attack Tessa if we can’t convince him they aren’t the same person," he glanced at the ferret girl with serene worry "I’ve been research ways of banishing spirits but never had real practice, so I don’t know if they even work. Be ready to run if we have to."

"On the other hand Eddy’s ghost wouldn’t be limited to the number of questions we could ask him, assuming he’s willing to answer. Plus I could still try to Wake the Dead even with the ghost around. Not sure it would work but it might be worth a shot."
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

13. Likes Vassagon liked this post
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread