Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Fluke was probably high.

That would explain a lot. He seemed like the type. It's all good, no one's mad. Well. Just remember: Don't Hide It, Divide It. So let him zone out. Plenty of other stuff going on. For a few seconds, he totally did not stare at something, but then pulled his eyes away. Zoey. Asp. Some other chick. Bailing.

They're not...

...are they?

Hold that thought. A napkin was whipped off the stack and set down with a flourish.

"So far, vodka tonic and Jean Harlow. I'm vodka, that's Jean."
    Hands came up defensively. "Kidding. As in, you know, our drinks. Super bad joke. He's Fluke as in stroke of luck not like a fish's tail and I'm Star."

The carafe, still empty, was moved, and set between the two drinkers. Boom.

"So, like, what's going on with you? I saw you talking to N... Councilor Nous and Provost Pepper. You new? A Thearch? Guardian? Or just a fan of epic curls, tall blondes, or Glen check?" You never know.

A finger tapped the napkin.

Because order.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

2. Likes Sirith liked this post
    E
    Eris

The Shaman set her plate of nibbles down upon the glossy wooden surface of the bar, taking up position by a familiar head of hair. Alright, it wasn't nearly as distinctive as Nous’, but still fairly memorable. “Hi Fluke, how’s things?”

Damascus offered a smile to the casually dressed guy on the other side of the counter. “Would they not give you time off for this shindig? Or are you the responsible adult around these parts?” She gestured to the rows of filled and semi-filled liquor bottles behind the man tending bar, before popping a canapé into her mouth in a dexterous motion and savoring the morsel of flavor.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Hey, look.

But don't stare.

Return to the Island of Amazons. Which was kind of a relief, because the city felt a little weird with all the dudes. Or maybe that was just the bar. Check Fluke out. First Faye, now another hottie. It's the hair. It's always the hair. Good for him.

It's easy to be happy for other people when you're getting it on the regular, yo. True story.

"Who? Me?"
    Well, the gesture was pretty definite. "Uh, no, I just wanted a drink, and then, you know, there was nobody. So I figured, why not? I couldn't be the only one that wanted a drink. You know what they say, right, about being the only one. So, yeah, I'm totally a responsible adult and not an alcoholic since everyone else showed up. At the bar. Like, obviously, everyone showed up for Consilium."

"You two are new, right?"

Words trickled off with an announcement.

Well, that was weird. Wasnt' it usually the Hierarch or some emcee type?

"Um. But. Yeah. I think, you know..."

The mop bobbed at tables. Bar's closed. Right after a top off. Okay.

"I'll be back? Just, uh, yeah. Sorry."

Look at that carafe. Still empty. Some pizza guy gets a twenty thousand dollar tip. Him?

He got an empty table.

Star returns to main thread!
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

5. Likes Sirith liked this post
    E
    Eris

Damascus watched the responsible adult’s song and dance routine for a bit before realizing that someone else was trying to get her attention. Well, everyone’s attention. She watched the funny-man's nonchalant walk take him to a seat at an otherwise empty table before a thought struck her.

Damn, I have no idea what to do now; and no drink!

Not about to start pilfering from the bar herself, the Shaman shrugged and glanced around those here assembled; and spying Crowley sat by who she had been presuming all evening to be Striker, set off in that direction, plate in hand.

I wonder if we can just sit anywhere?

Damascus joins Striker and Crowley

Fluke had been slightly distracted as the other two mages approached, focusing more on his drink than his surroundings. However, as the formal meeting began, the Acanthus turned his attention towards the Hierarch as he spoke.

"Sounds like things are getting started," he said to the others, offering a quick shrug. "Let's catch up a little later..." he let his words trail off as he grabbed his drink and turned away from the bar.

Fluke returns to the main thread

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread