Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Stopping by the Lily (Open)

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Charlie almost couldn't believe he finally made it to the city. He knew the drive from North Carolina to Sacramento would be long, but he thought driving as fast as possible on the expressway would knock away some time. Of course this was not the case as sleeping in motels during the day slowed him down while also trying to feed before he would go on the road. The fact that his beat down 99 Ford Taurus could barely go 60 didn't help either.

But that was all behind him now that he was here. He drove through the downtown area looking for hot spots to hit up. He wasn't looking for kine, well he was...but only because places that held kine were places that held kindred and that was who he needed to see.

Scanning the names of clubs, he tried looking for one that sounded elegant enough to attract lots of people but not the type of club that he'd blend into. Normally he'd prefer to keep a low profile, but when it came to looking for others, he needed to stand out. The place that caught his eye the most after circling around the city the most was a club called The Lily.

Seems like a nice enough place to turn their noses upward at me. Let's give it a shot.

Charlie parked his car an walked the rest of the way to the club, turning off his predator's aspect as he walked inside and headed straight to the bar. If there were to be any kindred inside, he needed to allow his natural instincts to react to it, otherwise he'd be barhopping all night.

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Striking Looks 4 (graceful, Alluring)
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani immediatly senses the weaker predater the second he walks up to the bar. She is siting at the end of the bar nursing a spiked mike and looks over at the man, sizing him up. She does not approach him yet, choosing instead to study him for a little while and see what he does exactly. Either he is looking for someone specific, or he is new and has no idea who he is looking for. Either way, this could be amusing.
    Presence 3
    Striking Looks (Graceful, Alluring) 4
    Mask of Tranquility

Charlie people watches to kill the time. He's amused at how people chat to their friends, glance at him and then quickly turn away, picking up their pace as they move on. He feels the presence of someone much stronger than him and breaks away from looking at the mortals. He scans the room again and stops when he notices a woman looking in his direction.

For someone who looks that attractive to stare at me...yeah definitely the type of undead person I'm looking for...or she's blind.

He gets up from his seat and walks up to her at the other end of the bar. He raises his eyebrows, but does not smile, not wanting to give her the impression that he's hitting on her. He speaks in a tone just monotone enough to sound whimsical but bitter at the same time.

"Looks like I'm not the only one who enjoys people watching to fight back hours of boredom. However, I'm a bitter misanthrope new to the city, what's your story?"

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani gives the man a bright smile, clearly amused by his statement. "I work here and own the place. I am supposed to sit here night after night and enjoy the never ending tedium of people watching. Believe it or not, it does get quite boring after a while."
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

Charlie smiles for the first time.

Smooth one Charlie badmouth her clients.

"Well I must say it's a fine establishment you have. Granted it's the only club I've been in since I got here, but I'm willing to say it's the best one I've seen. Specially since you haven't thrown me out as I imagine must look like a Savage compared to the way most of your customers dress."

All right, let's see if she picks up on the hint.

"By the way, my name is Charlie."

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Ishani." She offers a slender hand. "I can't take the credit for the club, I'm afraid. It was established by my partner and then I took over running it. But it is a fairly decent place, isn't it?"

She looks him over again, this time taking in his physical appearence. She shrugs. "I've seen worse. We have another patron that comes in here all the time, Mr. Konstantin. He has such awful fashion taste, he could be the head of the whole Savage Family." She smiles as she says this, hoping he takes her hint. Even though she hasn't given him all the information, at least he has the name of who he needs to find.
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

He shakes her hand and keeps a mental note of the name she says when he hears "Savage."

Konstantin, well there's one name we have to go off of.

"Ah, Konstantin, that's pretty impressive considering I know a lot of guys from North Carolina who haven't kept up with fashion in years. Sounds like someone I'd like to meet. There's actually someone else I'm trying to find as well who's also a big head, but I'll add your friend to the list, unless Mr. Konstantin is the first person I should look for before settling in."

He wanted to confirm who he needed to find first, last thing he needed was to meet the wrong person and start feeding only to get his skinny behind dragged to the feet of the Prince later. So far she amused him with her wordplay, she definitely had finesse when it came to disclosure, something he could have learned back when he was alive.

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani's smile widens, she knows exactly who Charlie needs to meet. She wasn't sure where his sorry ass was at the moment, but she could easily text him and get him over to the Lily. She wanted to see him anyway. He's been so busy lately she was beginning to think he was avoiding her.

"Ahhh Konstantin would be a good choice, but first I believe you are looking for Mr. Clarke. I think he was the one who sent out that add for new people. I am not sure where he is right now, but I know his secretary's number, if you'd like it. Or, I could just give him a ring for you. I work in the same office as he does. This," she motions to encompass the club, "is a part time job. My other job is keeping track of people for Mr. Clarke, those who are important and those who aren't. It gets a little complicated sometimes, but it pays well enough."
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

Charlie's grin almost matches Ishani's when he hears this news.

Maybe this night won't be as difficult as I initially thought.
    "I'm sure anything related to the business of Mr. Clarke would have to pay well if he's the man you say he is. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you ring him?I'd be forever grateful. If he wants, I can meet him at a desired location of his choice or here if he prefers. I wanted to be sure to get in touch with him first before settling in."

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani is beyond pleased with this man's mentality. He wanted this to be up front and done with before he did anything else. She doesn't know very many neonates who are that straightline and to see it is very refreshing.

She pulls out her phone as she speaks. "I will be more then happy to ring him for you." She begins to dial.
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread