Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1501) AQ and Pepper

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    T

Pepper's words bit into Striker's resolve as a ravenous dog tearing into a juicy steak. He looked away as she accused him of cornering Avis. He shifted uncomfortably in his chair concentrating on a spot on the floor but taking in every word.

"Ok. Ok." He said quietly after a long silence. "Yeah. No. You're right ay." He looked back to her at last. "Look. I'm sorry. I wasn't tryin' to shift the blame, I just thought... Stuff it, don't worry. It was stupid. I was just hoping I could say sorry and sort stuff out with her and when she went ballistic on me I just felt like I was cheated of the chance or something. I dunno why you've gotta be upset about that." he said before looking down again.

He took a deep breath before straightening in his chair and lifting his gaze once more to look Pepper in the eyes.
    "Ok straight up. Here it is. Best as I can recall. We'd just done our patrol and we'd got back to the circle and were talkin' about stuff. Lots of different stuff. How we'd been abused when we were kids, how we learned to fight and why we joined the Arrow. Avis was talkin' about fightin' evil an' I said evil's not clear cut and then she said... I dunno what she said, she started getting really confusing but I thought she was sayin' I was evil for trusting my instincts." He paused, trying to recall what she'd actually said. "I dunno what she was tryin' to say, but I'm pretty sure that's what she thinks now anyway. Or maybe it was something about violence." A short pause. "She said after she hated violence, yeah that was it." His brow furrowed as he began remembered the details of the incident and connecting the dots. His gaze drifted from Pepper as he got caught up in his own internal cognition. "So she doesn't like instincts 'cause they lead to violence. Then I get so pissed off at her that I start swingin'. Jeez no wonder she hates me." Striker said shaking his head in realisation.

He looked back to Pepper again and continued.
    "So what really set me off was when she said animals were just meat puppets." He flinched as he said the words. "My dog was my best friend when I was a kid and I've spent half my life workin' with animals right. They're not just meat puppets." he said with a tone that indicated he had more to say on the topic if he had the inclination. His voice caught as he repeated the infernal words 'meat puppets' and his eyes flicked over to where Avis still stood talking with a flicker of malice before he blinked it away and took a few steadying breaths.

"So that's when I tried to hit her." He continued. "She dodged it and told me to back off. But then she smashed this bottle she'd been holding the whole time as well, and guess I thought she was threatening me with it, but maybe she was just trying to defend herself. Maybe I dunno, because she cut me with it just after I kicked her. And then I..." He scratched his head and looked away. He knew exactly what he'd done and felt sick to his stomach recalling it again. "I'm tellin' ya everything right. Everythin' I can think of." He confirmed with Pepper. "I cast a rote to make myself stronger so I could hit her harder." He said quickly as though getting through the stupidity faster would make it sound less stupid. "Then I hit her harder. She told me to stop again, but I was just runnin' on my anger then, probably frustration as well since I could barely hit her anyway. But whatever, like they said last time it's the intent not the outcome. All I wanted was to knock her smug ass on the floor. But that's when my body started twitchin' and stuff. I don't know what Avis was doin' but it must've been some spell to rip me apart or something 'cause my insides started really hurtin'. I kicked her again and then tried to grab her, but before I could I blacked out from the pain." He waited a few moment to see if anything else came to mind than shrugged. That seemed to be the way fight went as he remembered. "When I woke up... Well Asp woke me up with all the sentinels there, and that was that." He reflected on what he'd just said. "I guess if Avis had really wanted me dead then she could've done it, so I dunno why she didn't."

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper listened, and saw Striker start to really understand what he'd done - she softened a little, at his grief. "I'm not going to argue for your innocence, but maybe I can argue for reduced sentence based on your growing understanding of you did. Best you can hope for - if the Consilium sees you as capable, you'll have to do something dangerous for them. Prosecution will push to have you incarcerated - you'll have your magic dampened and you'll be locked up. The Most likely compromise will be a Severe Reprimand. No one in the consilium will be allowed to help you without also being forbidden help themselves. You'll effectively be given the cold shoulder by everyone, though I don't think actually speaking to you will be and issue - as long as you refuse any assistance from them." She looked grim, and sighed.

"Talk to Idun. I need to find out what happened after you blacked out, and to speak to Ermon and let him know our shiny new statuses are going to get used." Pepper straightened and gave a nod to Idun, then waited for Striker's acknowledgement to leave.

3. Likes Cayce liked this post
    T

"Bugger. Yeah righto. I'm sorry for... For wanting to hurt her if that makes any difference. An' I'll do whatever to make it up." Striker said at Pepper's explanations of the possible sentences. "Thanks mate." He said seeing she needed to address the business he'd created for her.

"What'd you want Idun?" he asked without much enthusiasm, turning to his Councillor.

RockBane

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper leaves the conversation

Idun

PRE

Idun had done her best not to say anything as Striker and Pepper talk. Soon enough, their conversation has ended and Striker turns to speak with her. She takes a moment to collect her thoughts.

"I sought you out in order to apologize about not anticipating your desire for a Lex when I arrived at that meeting. I had not thought anyone would want an unapproved, unrevised version to read. I was waiting for a reviewed version before handing them out to Path members." She tells him honestly. "It clearly upset you and given how recent the Judgement was at the time, I should have seen if I couldn't get my hands on some form of laws in case anyone had questions concerning what had recently passed."

"I am new to my post and I'm bound to make mistakes." She explains. "I never really wanted to end up in Hospital politics like most of my family and thus I founded my own clinic so I wasn't. Yet, it seems that I'm destined, for now, to be involved in Awaken Politics."

She digs out a card, she's written her cell and home number on the back. She offers it, saying, "This has not just the clinic's number but also my home and cell number on the back."

T

Striker grimaced as Idun apologised. A reminder of another time he'd lost his cool.

He looked as Nous started the proceedings, then turned back to Idun. "No worries Idun, I got one off Pepper in the end. And sorry for blowin' up at ya. I was just hoping I could drag myself outta this mess and thought it might help, but now I've gone and made it worse anyway. So whatever. Not your fault anyway." he took the card, inspscted the numbers quickly and stuck it in his pocket.

"Cheers for this. You got my number if you need anything don't cha? I put it on that poster. If you want help settin' up another meetin' or something. Oh there's a new Thyrsus in town too. Damascus. Haven't met her yet but she said on the phone she'd be here. Anyway I should probably go find Weave." he gave her a glum smile and stood to leave and look for his cabalmate.

Idun

PRE

Looks like it's time to begin. Idun thinks, looking towards Nous as she speaks. Looking back towards Striker, she nods. "Thanks, I hadn't known. See you later."

With that, Idun heads for the Councilor table.

Rejoins the thread

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.