Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1501) Consilium

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 18 of 23 First ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Last
    A
    Asp

Asp nodded silently to Star's comment about the ley line report. When Nous spoke, she rose to answer, her hands gently resting by her side in relaxed repose.

"No worries, Nous, I'll do what Provosts do and warm his seat for him temporarily if there's a problem with his legal status. But this thing doesn't make me sad or uncomfortable. Warming that seat? That's no problem. What it does make me is concerned that the law didn't have a transition period in it." She glanced down at the paper, then back up. "I've got questions about how that debate and everything went down, but that's gonna be Path business. I'm sure the Thrysus have the same questions."

She shrugged.

"If I do hold his seat for the vote due to the conflict of interest, then I'm going to vote to get the right thing done, so that the Paths have the opportunity to handle their stuff in an orderly way without punting their Councilors and then maybe putting them back up in a couple of weeks. It's law, so if it needs to be changed so that it promotes good order and government, then it needs to be changed - through the proper means of a vote of the Council with an appropriate debate, of course."

One thing about the Adamant Way? It wasn't Lawful Stupid. Virtue and order mattered, and something about this was starting to smell of an agenda.

"So - just so that we're all on the same page, what were the reasons for not putting one in?"

J

"The reason for not having a transition period? It's simply that we didn't actually have any laws in place after Telos threw out the old ones. we needed to have laws in place as there was nothing to keep any order except for random goodwill. And it's not like we needed a transition period. The former councilors were part of the process and could have moved to get into a cabal to remedy the situation from even becoming a problem. The Hierarch didn't seem to have any problems doing it."

She shrugs. Both councilors in question have been in the city plenty long enough to have found cabals. It's sad that they didn't, but that was their own fault, not hers.

"It's right that you'll stand for the Mighty. It's the order of things. So who's going to stand for Ecstasy then? Will you Magus Striker ?"

She had a feeling that Animus would say no, even if asked. It would surprise her more if he would. If he was interested, he could have stepped up in front of Idun three months ago.
    Nous, Enchantress of the Guardians of the Veil, Acanthus Councilor

T

Striker was following the conversation. It was tough trying to read the document and listen at the same time, but he was connecting the dots. He started paying more attention when it seemed his order head may be taking the Obrimos position. Head of the Arrows, Obrimos and a Sentinel. Damn she's good.

Then suddenly Nous was asking if he would represent the Thyrsus. Hell yeah. It made sense, Animus wouldn't do it, Dami was new and presumably unknown to Nous, if Idun was disallowed then he was clearly the best choice as Last Resort Thyrsus Councilor.

Striker stood quickly hearing his name. "Yeah mate. I'll do the job no worries. Just tell me when an' where an' I'll be there ay." he said loudly and clearly before giving Nous and Idun a respectful nod then taking his seat.

Idun

PRE

It's like in one ear and out the other, isn't it? Idun thinks, she had answered the question concerning Cabal from before but it seems that Nous didn't hear it. How is it my fault that the Cabal I am a part of wishes to recruit those wishing to be the healers of this city? Sure, we could recruit a third but it would have been against the spirit in which the Cabal was founded.

She restrains herself from saying something that would likely be considered petty. Namely inquiring about when it was decided that the right number for a Cabal was three instead of the typical two. Well, at least they weren't trying to place Animus in the hot spot.

Gyges
    Gyges

PRE

Gyges closes his eyes for a beat, suppressing a sigh. He stands once again, waiting to be recognized.

"Councilor Nous. Isn't Magus Striker accused of serious violations of the Lex? Him taking a position on the Council, especially when the trial procedures for his own trial have not been set in stone, is a clear Conflict of Interest."

Maybe it would be simpler just to stay standing up all night. This is what happened when you try and restrict who can sit on the council - you end up in situations where no one is qualified.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

She'd been wrong just a moment ago. The struggle had not ceased. the fires of conflict were nowhere near done burning and the scales were nowhere near balanced. Just the mention of Striker's name called up the storm which been set to brew at the start of the meeting. Seeing that abuser rise from his seat, hearing his idiot's voice blaring across the gathering of Wise, it was like having her form beset by cutting and lashed by torrents of rain and she felt her core tense and her jaw clench against it all. The plastic of the pen in her fist flexed beneath the sudden iron taught tendons of her grip and the imagine of the pen snapping sprang into her mind. Such an inconsequential, yet overtly violent image was what brought her mind off of her hatred and back to herself and where she was. She forced herself to relax. To show no more sign of the enmity and unbalance.

She drew in another breath, imagined the air suffusing her lungs and drawing the tension, like a substance, from her body and then expelling it with a steady exhalation. Her face fixed itself into a mask devoid of emotion and she turned once more to Councilor Nous.

"What it says about us, Councilor, that we would attempt to amend a law the night it is put in place, is that we acknowledge when we have contradicted ourselves and are attempting to put it right. If we wish each path to select their own Councilor, in the way that they desire, then we, who are not from that path, should place no restrictions on them. Just like you should not speak of who should replace the councilors of those paths. You clearly aren't properly advised of the present situation,"
    Avis spoke, attempting to keep the venom from her words. "Since we've moved on to the rest of the agenda, allow me to advise you of the conflict of interest which Magus Gyges has spoken of."

Slowly, so that her motions could not be misinterpreted, she placed the pen down and rose to her feet. "I, Avis, First Talon of the Adamantine Arrow and present Councilor for the Path of Scourging, accuse Magus Striker of willfully and physically assaulting me without provocation. The Sentinels have been made aware of this incident and have begun their investigation. I will, of course, appoint a Provost to represent my Path in my place since I obviously cannot be a proper judge for this trial."

3 successes to appear cool and collected
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-02 00:29:38 Avis rolls 5 to imitate a glacier (manpi2+subter3) (10 Again) 9, 10, 4, 9, 1, 5 3 successes
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

7. Likes Jhet liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

What?

Striker?

It really wasn't a big deal. The tuning out? Blah blah, blah blah. But then it was. A. Big. Deal.

Now?

It's stand up time.

"Ermac. Step down. You can't be a Councilor, Asp is a Sentinel, and that makes me Councilor for the Angels."
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

9. Likes Kelreth, Jhet, Cayce liked this post
    E
    Ermac

Ermac sighed; unconcealed signs of frustration, anger, and fatigue present upon his face. It was nigh impossible to maintain order. Awakened getting up and moving. Changing of the Councilors. A formal accusation by a Councilor against a candidate. Now he was being called to resign.

"I, Ermac, Councilor of the Obrimos hereby resign my position and nominate Magus Star as my successor." The Obrimos was exhausted. "If it is acceptable, I will vacate my seat immediately."

A
    Asp

"Okay," Asp replied to Nous, more as an acknowledgment that she'd said it rather than as any sort of acceptance of the logic. She paused, however, to frown as the Acanthus prompted a Thyrsus over others. She served the Offices, and part of serving the Offices was stepping in when one was starting to cross over into others. "Not your Path, Nous. C'mon now, let the Path figure it out without prompting. They might need a minute to discuss things. Is there a rush?"

Star's challenge of Ermac's position earned a nod, and she smiled at him. It was really good to see him stepping up - Asp didn't want that Throne. She belonged where she was, serving the Consilium.

Aaaaaand then there was the issue of the trial matter coming up. Jesus Christ. Chaos was beginning to reign.

Idun

PRE

"Animus( roadnottaken ), as you are the only other qualified Thyrsus to met the requirements, do you wish to take my place on this Council?" Idun asks, looking towards the elder Thyrsus. Fuck I feel like an ass for doing it. Fucking situation we have here.

Page 18 of 23 First ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Last
Closed Thread