Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1501) Consilium

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 16 of 23 First ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... Last

Idun

PRE

"As to regards to my belonging to a Cabal, I have been part of the Medstars in the past and regardless of whether Medstars is still considered a valid Cabal, I have yet to stop viewing Miach as a Cabal-Mate regardless of the fact that the requirements of numbers seem to have increased from two to plus three." Idun is her reply to Nous' question. Really, all we need is a third and we'd be a 'valid' Cabal again.

E
    Ermac

As Aquinas had informed the Consilium he had already formed his own Cabal, that was reassuring.

Now knowing the Shadow Name of the man who posed the question, "Gyges, we are not declaring that Solitaires are not worth protecting, far from it." Ermac shook his head.

"Every Awakened with a pure heart is worth protecting. The Awakened who refuses to join a Cabal is most at risk. Our enemies are as diverse as they are many. Like the predators of the animal kingdom, they prey upon easy targets. She who believes herself so mighty she is able to dispatch any threat on her own. He who has no comrades to call upon in his time of need."

"The intent behind that legislation is to encourage joining an existing Cabal, or to form one as quickly as possible. When there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved."

"With regards to myself, I am without any official membership. I tried forming a Cabal on my own. It failed when two of the would-be members vacated Sacramento to pursue their own goals elsewhere. I have been seeking membership ever since."

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper stood at the Panthera Nox table then. It was her cue, afterall. "Panthera Nox has been discussing the possibilities of Fostering individuals until they can form or join other cabals. Ermac, we've all agreed that you're on our list of people we'd be happy to Foster." He might still refuse... but hey, it could be a temporary solution to a larger problem.

She waits for his response, then sits back down.

Emrys

PRE

"Or maybe one of the other cabals would be willing to foster a Councilor and Syndic of the Free Council?" Emrys added with a agitated look to Pepper. "Y'know, like maybe one not trying to use the new Lex to take over the Council?"

"Archangels, Unbound Smoke, Veiled Threats, and now the Golden Thread. There are options for Ermac other then rolling over for Nous." The Enchanter's gaze moved from head to head, from Weavebreaker , to Ariadne , to Star , and finally the Heirarch himself ( Casitive ). "Surely there are others who wouldn't mind taking him in for a bit if just fostering is an option?"

Gyges
    Gyges

PRE

Gyges was about to speak, seeing as how he still had the floor, when he was interrupted not once but twice.

He stands in silence, waiting patiently for the Council to restore order.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Where was everyone's moms?

You know. That woman who teaches you manners. First Animus was inviting himself in, now this guy was inviting strangers over.

"Uh."

Sure he'd karaoke with the guy. Didn't mean he was going to Foster him. Whatever Fostering was. It sounded like that thing you do with stray animals. Back where he came from, you were in a cabal, or not in a cabal. Or fauxbal. Maybe this Foster business was some new Law they were going to pass.

"No. Not really?"

Expressive hands splayed. Sorry, Ermac. Threats don't Foster, yo. Thanks for asking. Maybe Threats could wash Merlys' car. Or pick up his dry cleaning.

Jerk.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

7. Likes Sirith, Benji liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Ok, on the topic of fostering, I think its a shitty concept. It doesn't really fit the intent of the charter and you'd be better off making a temporary Cabal now than temporarily being a part of one that you would never be equal in, anyway. That's just my opinion, though," Avis said with a shrug. "As far as the Charter's designation of protection, I think that should be changed as well. One of the most important concepts of the Precept of Recognition -- my opinion again -- is that the person agreeing to being recognized is making a sacrifice by submitting themselves before the power of the Consilium, but they are then being afforded the chance to be a part of that power, and that includes being protected by it. To limit that for the purpose of coercing cabals to form, well, I think we've all seen that that's not the right tactic.

"I know that doesn't quite answer your question, Gyges, but maybe the Hierarch's insight will. Would you like to add your two cents?"
    the Councilor of Warlocks asked, turning to the smiling man. For a moment she tried to imagine his cabal sitting next to him, but she'd never met either of his newly claimed cabal-mates now that she thought of it. The realization didn't cause any worry in its wake, however. Simply curiosity. She'd probably meet them in time.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

9. Likes West, Yumyumcrow, Benji liked this post
    J

"You're confusing the sections again, and seeing as we're still on Gyges question..."

That's twice. Apparently the part about being orderly and waiting for your turn is lost on Emrys. Unruly for the sake of it. At least Gyges is being respectful to the system.

"Everyone is covered by the Precepts recognized by Harmony. If you take another look at the charter, you'll see that it's talking about the Rights conferred from the section on Supremacy. So the only modification then for Solitaires is not being able to declare Hospitality or Nemesis, and not being allowed to declare territory. Specifically, they cannot declare Nemesis or provide Hospitality. It comes up again in the requirements for Consilium positions."

She rubs her forehead. This really isn't that difficult if you put in the time to do your homework. None of those asking questions have taken that time, because they're only just presenting it. But instead of taking their own time to go over it, ask their councilor about it during their own path meeting, and then have a civil discussion about it, they're derailing the formal council meeting again. Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with people?

"And to clarify Gyges, I made copies for the people I knew would be here, because it's for them. Had you been in a cabal already, there would have been a copy for you as well. I should have predicted that we would have mob rule, but I was hoping that we could have gotten through this meeting and then given everyone a time and forum for them to speak with their councilors about the document. Why should we expect everyone to ask questions about a document they've just been given five minutes after receiving it?"

She pauses a beat to let the absurdity of it sink in. It's something they spent three months working on. Who's going to actually expect everyone to absorb it while they're sitting there and reading it? Not her. There's an inherent illogic and madness to that expectation.

And seeing that there's no purpose the madness in actually trying to do that? Any Acanthus who wishes to discuss this will need to do so at our Path meeting. It will be held at the beginning of February. You're all required to bring your own copy, so show some initiative and come to it prepared with your questions. I will not participate in this mob rule anymore tonight."

She makes certain that her eyes rest on Emrys as she finishes speaking. Manners. They are what keep the world from entirely devolving into a disorderly chaos.
    Nous, Enchantress of the Guardians of the Veil, Acanthus Councilor

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"I think you're the one that's missing the point, Nous," Avis exclaimed, turning sharply to the Acanthus councilor. "What people are really saying is that they are not OK with declaring Solitaires as second class citizens of this Consilium. 'Cause that's what all the specifics add up to. Unless I'm wrong! Maybe I am! Hopefully someone wiser than the council can clarify for us," Avis snarked, turning back again to the Hierarch for support in her assertions. Not that she needed them to be validated, but clearly some of the Council did before they would consider their own position to be flawed.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

12. Likes RockBane, West, Benji, Teeramus liked this post
    J

"I'm not missing the point at all. And Aquinas can't help us here, because it's not his document, and not his job to interpret it. Consiliums are for cabals. That's the whole point. Cabals working together within a shared system so that we don't just go all Dark Superman and start killing each other. So by it's very original purpose and function, cabals are what count. Solitaire, sure, the cabals can help protect them and keep them safe, but this isn't new, and anyone who's acting surprised is just being dumb. Join a cabal. Problem solved. So no, you don't get all the rights of a cabal as a solitaire, because you aren't one."

She rolls her eyes. Everyone is acting like this is something new and different. If they wanted some system of cooperation where all the individuals have a vote, that's a democracy. Avis chose the wrong Order and system of governance if that's what she really thinks.

"And maybe think about which ones they don't get before thinking they're being abused in some way. They don't get Nemesis which means they don't have rights in regards to interfering with a feud. They don't have Hospitality, because it's ridiculous to think that they can properly care for the security of a mage who wants to invoke it of them. And they don't get to declare territory. It doesn't mean their sanctum is any less protected by Protectorate, but it does mean we're not going to expect individuals to protect and safeguard a neighborhood by themselves. Everything else in there? It covers them, both rights and responsibilities if they want to be part of the consilium. And it keeps them from being taken advantage of by some traveling cabal by limiting those other rights. Now can we all stop thinking that the sky is falling and take a deep breath? The only people that have anything to worry about here are the two that don't have cabals sitting at this table with us. And they were there when we discussed this thing, and it was in the paperwork then."

R. E. L. A. X.

Growing pains. Pains which really shouldn't be pains, because hot damn, this is only news if you grew up in the Sacramento consilium only and in the last half-decade. Yet another reason why she didn't want to have an open forum the same moment in time that they distributed the document.
    Nous, Enchantress of the Guardians of the Veil, Acanthus Councilor

Page 16 of 23 First ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... Last
Closed Thread