Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1501) Consilium

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 13 of 23 First ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... Last
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Be careful what you wish for.

Wasn't that some sort of desert curse? May you get what you wish for? Here's a spotlight, Magus Star, enjoy. Except this wasn't a stage, and he wasn't holding a wand, or top hat, or rabbit. So, no, it wasn't super enjoyable. Where's the applause?

Suddenly the Koons is...?

"Uh. Yes. Thank you."

Not really.

"I was, uh, wondering if, you know, there were any, hmmmmm, provisions? Provisions discussed. About the Council being a majority. You know, like, if three fifths were from the same cabal. Or Order. Like, if that was discussed? And if it was, why was it not included."

It felt like there was something missing? Right.

"I mean, I know the obvious answer is that a new Councilor can be selected? Except, there's no, uh, provision,"
    Still a good word, "For how or when they're chosen. I asked about that before, but, uh, I never heard anything."

For a moment, the mop dipped to study loafers that needed polishing in the worst way.

"I think there should be one or the other, right? Or, if not, like, why."

Surprised? He read things. Things like Lexes. Right, Striker? Preparation is totally A Thing, yo.

He'd even given Ermac a shot at getting it right.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

2. Likes Sirith, Kelreth liked this post
    J

"The first question we did not discuss, but the second we did. So to answer it, it's up to the paths how they choose their representative. And while the idea is that they're to be the wisest of the path, it's entirely up to the members of it so long as they fit the basic requirements. Those basic requirements are there so that all of the member cabals can be certain that the council is working for their benefit. That is the whole purpose of us being here. So if Veiled Threats would like the council to discuss limits we certainly can. Typically all you need to do is approach your councilor and ask the question."

You know. The basics of a consilium. For cabals, by cabals. She's not certain why people only seem to care for three hours every few months, but it certainly does seem that way. She hasn't gotten a single request for even a meeting with anyone from her path since she hosted a meeting just for this very purpose in November.

A meeting where most of the attendees couldn't seem to be bothered to pay attention long enough to read through the old edition and figure out what they wanted to see in a new one. One of whom is standing up and running his mouth today. Go figure. So that's two months without raising a concern, and now he finally has opinions.

"So it's up to you and the rest of your path to decide if you want to keep the councilor you have, or how you want to find another one. I'd encourage you to actually speak to your councilor and ask him questions and listen to the answers, because we're on this council because we were fated to be and fated to do what we did for the benefits of the member cabals.

I hope that answers your question tonight?"
    Nous, Enchantress of the Guardians of the Veil, Acanthus Councilor

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Careful, Nous Troi. Toby Esterhase is watching.

Was that a blow-off? Pretty sure that was a blow-off, yo. He'd been blown off before. Usually at a bar, after a magic show, but blow-off weren't really location specific. Some things are, but not that. Given he'd said he'd asked his Councilor, and she told him to ask his Councilor? File under Blow Off.

"Uh. No, you didn't?"

Pretty sure there was an "If Not Why" attached to that First Question. Pro tip: You gotta Listen To The Other Person. Because Looking Silly.

"...But I'm sure one of the other Councilors will."

Oh, right. There wasn't just One Councilor.
    - Roald Dahl

5. Likes Matamune, Kelreth liked this post

Bishop

Presence: ●●● (Professional)

Status (News Media): ●
    Status (Concealed Firearms License): ●●
    Status (P.I.): ●
    Status (Consilium): ●
    Status (Guardian of the Veil): ●

<Why do I have that nagging feeling, that the councilors are about to found their very own private cabal?> Bishop thought.
    So far, there was precious little news to him. What surprised him, was the amount of seemlingly unaligned mages without orders. To him, the idea of being an Apostate had never even been an issue, but then again, right from the get-go he had been Pipers asset and thus been an affiliate of the Guardians.
    <I need a new branch of the Labyrinth. Something more on the ground to trap potential candidates and less of a virtual spiders web.>
    He was not certain, where the other Guardians stood on the point of new recruits, much less if they would be willing to run them through the maze. What was problematic, was the lack of legislative protection offered by the lex. If you wanted to be a guardian, you would break rules. You would probably violate even your own ethical code. Headhunting somebody would make Bishops life infinitely harder, if the recruit suddenly developed a strong sense of justice right after rules were broken and made a point of bringing up charges.
    <Granted, I wasn't so different, but Portland was more or less lawless.>
    What was interesting was the amount of pressure coming from the council. Get organized, or you are on the sidelines and we do shit without you.
    <Well, not council...Nous. The others had been pretty silent so far. Wonder what they think.>
    He was not entirely sure, if it was such a good idea to display and enforce such agendas, if there were a lot of unaligned bodies which could easily outnumber you. External adversaries tended to produce united fronts opposing such pressure. And right now, Bishop was under the impression, that this consilium could not handle rogues on that grand a scale.
    At any rate, he had spoken up before. In his book, you got one warning. After that, you could get your hands burned on your own and he would not console anyone again.
    Health: [][][][][][][] | Willpower: ●●●OO | Basic Mana: 6/11 |
    „Spoken.“ | Thought | Done
    War is worse than Hell - in Hell, there are no innocent bystanders...

Miach

PRE

The evening was bustling with events, small and great. Already, it seemed it would be a Consilium to be remembered. Keeping his quiet and his reins over his feelings, Miach watched the events unfold, commiting as much as he could to memory. There would be time later for his talk and deeds.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Alright, here's the thing, people," Avis declared, pausing to inhale deeply and leaning forward so there could be no mistake that she was wanting to be heard. "What we've put together is supposed to just be the foundation. The bare bones, so to speak. We didn't have the time to build in all of the amendments that we wanted to, or to predict all of the changes that we would need to make, or that you would want us to make, so we put together something that can work, now, when we need it to. So, yes, it's not what we want it to be. It's something that should be changed. So look it over. Everyone will be getting a copy tonight. When you notice issues, bring them up, just like your doing, and then bring them up again when path meetings are called, and they'll be addressed. If they're not then you need a new Councilor. Simple as that."

The Warlock reached into her jacket, produced a pen, and began writing a note on her agenda. "But, for now, topic one for future discussion." She read aloud, "discuss methods for choosing councilors, and restrictions on who can be chosen." The pen was set down. Eyes were lifted to the Consilium again.

"Honestly, I don't see a problem with having each Path decide on their own how they want their Councilor chosen, but if I hear differently from my Path then I'll bring it up when the Council meets again. Same thing with restrictions on who can be chosen. Personally, I'm not a fan of having any restrictions on who can be chosen, and that especially includes the restrictions that are already written in, but it'll be discussed either way. Now what's the next question or concern? Please only ask if it demands attention now, before a Path meeting."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

9. Likes Vassagon, West, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    E
    Ermac

"Selection of Councilors was the very first topic I brought up at our meeting." Ermac chimed in. He looked to Avis reading aloud her notes for future discussion. "Allowing the Paths to decide who is their representative is fine by me, be it by seniority, Mastery, or election."

The Obrimos paused before continuing, "As it stands, three of the five Councilors have stated to let the Paths choose their Councilor by methods deemed acceptable by the members of the Path."

The Libertine nodded in agreement with the Arrow, "This is not irrevocably unchanging. Judging by the intense adverse reaction, revisions are necessary. I acknowledge that problem. Please, review the Charter and bring forth your concerns to your Councilor. As I am both Councilor and Syndic, I will be meeting with both Path and Order to see what should be amended."

He was part of this mess, there was no sense in trying to avoid the chopping block. "If you find that your Councilor is inadequate, replace your Councilor. That includes myself if I am found wanting."

"If that resolves the question, we may move on."

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

They say it isn't about the destination, but the journey.

Questions can be like that. It's not always about the answer, but that the question was asked. And sometimes, when you explore a Truth, other Truths reveal themselves.

"Cool. Uh. I'm good. Thanks."

Sit down time.

Because horses and water.
    - Roald Dahl

12. Likes Cayce, Kelreth liked this post

Idun

PRE

"Perhaps now is as good a time as any to hand out the copies to the tables?" Idun suggests, she did know the criteria for Councilors but given her Path's numbers and such... If they can get Animus to take the post, then I'll step down as he does fit the requirements but, again, he didn't want the post. Striker's also meet the qualifications but again, he's not particularly ready for it and many wouldn't welcome him taking the post. She muses.

M
    Mace

Mace frowned, listening to the discussion. Whether she'd supported the restrictions or not, that's what the council had decided to work with. And judging from the last Consilium meeting, if it wasn't one thing it was to be another. They could only learn from the outbursts and try and move forward. When she'd taken the spot, the second time in the meeting of the Moros, she'd promised herself she'd do the best she could to represent her path well. So she stood straight even as fought to figure out what to say.

"Just to put the statements the Council has been giving into the most direct answer possible, if you as a path feel that your councilor's cabal loyalties are interfering, then you as a path may choose another one. If they don't step down, they are in violation of the charter, and there is a mechanism in place for dealing with those who act against the Lex." They'd taken their lessons on that matter at least to heart.

She nodded to Idun. "That's a good idea. Why don't the cabals send forward a representative to collect a copy. For the newcomers, you'll have to share for now. But if you see me or another council after the proceedings, we'll see that you get a copy and a chance to discuss it." If the others wouldn't, she would.

Page 13 of 23 First ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... Last
Closed Thread