Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1501) Consilium

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 11 of 23 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... Last

Emrys

PRE

The Enchanter took his seat next to Animus, a bit later then everyone else. The news of Glo and it's effects were surprising, and he pondered if there was a rogue Blank Badge working somewhere in the Banisher's ranks. Forcing Awakenings was hardly a new thing, using something as Fallen as drugs to do so was. The Council had clear ways of dealing with people who worked the Lie to their advantage, but how did that work when they were instigating Awakenings with it? One of them would have to look into it.

A smile grew on the Enchanters face as Crowley mentioned the Libertines desire to help. A lot of them were new, and lacking a cabal, which left them floaters without a clear way to contribute in a cabal focused offensive. Bringing that to the Council's attention would at least give them all guidance if not a place to start.

Miach

PRE

The news about the GLO gave Miach pause, and he started sweating slightly on his chair as he tried to remain collected.

And also, had Nous been aware of that side-investigation ? Perhaps they could pool notes and resources, and solve it twice as quickly... It so needed to be put out of circulation.

J

"That makes for an unfortunate, yet well timed transition into the next topic. But as for people working on solving this problem. We're not passing out dance cards. If you want to risk your lives with random people that you're not accustomed to working with, that's not my business. Personally, I'd recommend that you find a group that you can work with and then go to assist in the matter with the Banishers, but you're not me."

Crowley certainly isn't Nous. Male and Female. White and Black. Sort of grungy and Pretty businesswoman. Lots of differences. A big part of her does wish that they don't go in a big mass and make a mess of things, but she'll let Aquinas and Ermac swing their influence around if they want to try to keep everything on track.

"I also have the GLO hookup now. I don't want to go into the details of how for my own safety, but I will be working with the distribution to take purchase of a quantity of it. I'm working on the details of how to gain access to the details of the operation before we take out the manufacturing process. However, if it really is connected to the Banishers at the University as well, it's likely going to be a better idea if we wrap it into one operation. Either way, the people producing this drug will need to die."

She says it like it's a foregone conclusion. The Banishers must all die. It's not as if they have much of a choice. They must all die.

" Avis , do you know where the GLO is coming into the frats or did your investigation just turn up that chain and nothing further up it yet?"
    Nous, Enchantress of the Guardians of the Veil, Acanthus Councilor

M
    Mace

Avis' update surprised Mace. She remembered Ermac mentioning the Glo problem earlier, but she hadn't known it was connected to the Banisher problem. And forcing awakenings? That idea made her decidedly uncomfortable. Her gaze sweeped over the gathering, searching out Einstein. If she was truly interested in chasing the Glo problem, that was a good starting point.

She stayed silent, however. Pepper and Elle had talked about their investigation, and for this agenda item, that was enough. So she listened, and waited to see what would happen next.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Seriously? No one had anything else to add? No one but Nous? Fucking shit, that was terrible. Maybe not for VT, in a PR sense, but that was not a good sign for the Consilium at large. Maybe that could be changed, though. Here were people stepping up to the plate, asking for a chance to act. A chance to help. A chance to transform Sacramento into something better than it already was. That was not something to cast aside. Not as fragrantly as Nous was doing. Maybe the Acanthus councilor was just pointing out that it wasn't the Council's responsibility to spur people into doing shit, which was pretty important, but then again, so was cooperation. Coordination. Communication.

"The Veiled Threats would really appreciate it if you'd speak with us," Avis piped up, looking from Nous to Crowley and the Magi around him. "If we're going to take down the Banishers' hold on the University we have to do it wisely. Only keeping in contact can make that possible."

That message delivered, the Warlock Councilor turned her attention back to Nous. "As far as the Glo goes, I know that there's an outside supplier giving it to inside dealers in the fraternities, but that's it. We haven't chased down that lead yet, since that might interfere with our other lines of investigation, but we'd to love to help eliminate this problem if we can."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

6. Likes Benji, West liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Little weird, yo.

Out of, like, three dozen people, maybe? Turn and look. Yeah, give or take, three dozen. But only like seven or eight of them were Doing Anything?

Wait. That's not true.

The Free Council, as usual, were announcing that they were the Free Council. Right. Check that box.

Everyone else? Guess none of them listened to their grams.

Because Many Hands Make Light Work.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper glanced to Emrys as he joined the Panthera nox table, then moved her chair closer to her cabalmate's to speak with him.

Opening a side thread for the Panthera Nox table

Xander

E
    Ermac

Choice words were like glass shattering - it drew attention to the source. The man swearing ( Gyges ) briefly caught Ermac's glance before looking back to the rest of the gathering.

News of the threats to Consilium had been widely circulating. He'd made an effort to keep fellow Awakened informed.

Greeks and Glo, this was definitely new information. An outside supplier pushing the drug onto the campus.

Ermac had nothing further to contribute on Glo. Crowley had said his piece. It was only a matter of time before the Libertines mobilized.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Perhaps the news of Glo and the Banishers' use of it should have surprised or worried him. But existance is war. That the enemy would reach for any weapon available to them, was hardly a new concept. He had seen souls weaponized. Why not Awakenings?

And then Pepper begins talking to him.

Animus joins Panthera Nox table.

L
    LoneRanger

After duly thanking the other mage, I taje a seat. My face becomes a bit more tight, as I listen to what is said.

Using drugs as a way to undermine the Pentacle does not feel right, or to Awaken people... On the other hand, I am from te Urbs Indomita. Something has to be done. I remain attentive following the discourse.

Page 11 of 23 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... Last
Closed Thread