(1501) Ariadne & Ermon

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

Kelreth

Ermon notices Ariadne and walks over to her while Bishop seems lost in his own thoughts. Or spells - you never know with the Awakened:

"Hey, Ariadne. First Consilium when it's not 'we are rebuilding after a nuclear blast', huh?"

Once again he is reminded of just how natural and relaxed the Epopt looks in this formal event full of Mages. Then again, he's also learned a thing or two after coming to the city.
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

A chuckle is Ariadne's first response to Ermon's humor. "Aah yep. So far at least. This large agenda has me wondering but we'll find out."

"I'm sorry I haven't asked more recently but how are things with you?" Ariadne asks with a slight downward inflection, knowing full well it's a loaded question.

Bishop

Presence: ●●● (Professional)

Status (News Media): ●
    Status (Concealed Firearms License): ●●
    Status (P.I.): ●
    Status (Consilium): ●
    Status (Guardian of the Veil): ●

Bishop smiled as Ermon joined the table.

"Good evening, hearthmaster." he said lightly. "How have you been?"
    Health: [][][][][][][] | Willpower: ●●●OO | Basic Mana: 6/11 |
    „Spoken.“ | Thought | Done
    War is worse than Hell - in Hell, there are no innocent bystanders...

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

As there is no point in holding out any longer, Ermon allows himself to break into a grin:

"I've just passed the Factotum exam, right before Telos left, so you are looking at one of the two Factoti in Sacramento", - he continues listening to the official business, though - "Might no seem like such a big deal with all the crap going on in this city but it is for me. I'm also looking into a suspicious fire that might turn out to do something with us. Nothing as bad-ass as this investigation of the Banishers I keep hearing about".

He looks at his Cabalmates:

"How about you two? We haven't really talked while I was finishing up with studying for the mock case Telos used as a test".

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

Ermon listens while Ariadne talks, his mirth substantially reduced by the topic that's been brought up:

"In my personal ratings of all things Awakened and bad Scelesti rank first, then - Banishers, then - Seers", - he pauses, thinking, - "But I've only ever actually met Scelesti which is probably why I view things this way. Are Banishers as bad?"

He may have been training in politics but learning all there is to know about Supernal hasn't been on his agenda. Maybe something to think about, considering how active their enemies seem to be.

Bishop

Bishop kept his voice down, so that he could not be heard over at the other tables. He leaned over to Ermon, while Ariadne spoke to the assembled mages.
    "If I remember the schoolings I received in that regard correctly, all of those rather unenlightened factions come with their very own flavor of insanity." he whispered over to Ermon. "Trouble usually comes from the Seers or the Scelesti - the first because they are organized, the latter because they come with powers gained from their deals with the devil. It is hard fighting those without relating to their own tools in order to meet on equal ground. Banishers are more individualistic. They don't play well with others, even their own kind, because they all believe that the gift they received is a curse and that this taint needs to be eradicated. Organized Banishers used to be an oxymoron."
    Bishop listened to the speeches from the councilors and affiliates, before turning back to Ermon.
    "Anyways, I spent most of my time of the last months stepping on that damn drug. Nous is currently heading the investigation, because she is better at the chameleon work. I just render support. I would also have supported the Veiled Threats, if they would tell, what exactly they would need. So far, I did not have any inquiries in that regard and Ariadne is right...too many mages on campus would be a giveaway to our intend. If the trail of GLO loops back to the campus though, then there will probably be a culmination of efforts. And I don't think it will end quietly. Too many people involved, a lot of them either arrogant or reckless or another shade of stupid. Let's just hope this ends well."

7. Likes Matamune liked this post

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

The evening goes on and their table gets a copy of the new Sacramento Lex. Or, at least, the nuts and bolts of the thing: Ermon will need to get the full set of precedents for their library later.

Star has already addressed the biggest issue: fail-safes against extreme power consolidation. The Warlock sighs:

"We need to be wary of the other Cabals. Ariadne, between us, I think, we can build enough influence with the Mastigoi to have us represented. And, maybe, new Fosters? I think it's time", - he misses Ixidor a lot but things are what they are.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Sitting back down Ariadne keeps an ear to the overall conversation. Not enough copies of the Lex? What.

She leans in to speak quietly with Ermon and Bishop.

"Personally I find the idea of organized Banishers to be bullshit. Why would a bunch of people who hate themselves and hate magic organize to kidnap and brainwash other mages? That sounds like a good cover to keep people off their case. Then Boom, Seers." It doesn't sound in her voice but Ariadne can appreciate that cover. Great way to grow an army.

She nods to Ermon. "Fosters sounds like a plan." Blue eyes glance to the Councilors then the group of independents. "Maybe we can find some tonight?"

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

That ear? Ya, it heard "Zilker"

Ariadne turns in her chair to look at the Heirarch. "What?" She doesn't speak louder than a whisper. But Zilker returning is a good thing.

Bishop

Bishop registered with some satisfaction, that Councilor Nous was in fact using his very own words to describe the state of the consilium. A mob. As the whole affair of debate, interjections and provocations unfolded, he became aware of something. He was too old for this. Not in the sense, that he had no stomach for the bickering, maneuvering and potential backstabs, that would come along with all of it. He did not enjoy that either, but he could handle that.
    No, he was too old to actually try and shape something on this scale while making it work for the majority of others. His ways were too set, his mind too rigid. How long had it taken him to develop enough mental flexibility to start thinking along the lines of secrecy and deception? A year? One and a half? And that had only been in Portland with an experienced guide and without too much interference from politics.
    There were things, which the next generation had to figure out for themselves. And that was a transition which would probably be only fully appreciated by the Moroi. Bishop was glad, that Mace had taken the job as councilor. She was young and eager. She would leave an imprint on the proceedings, which would make sure this transition would proceed.
    In order for children to fully develop their potential, their parents would eventually have to pass on. It was the natural order of things.
    <If I stay too long in this, I would become a burden...an obstruction, which would generate pressure only looking for a vent. And unreleased, it would result in a detonation rather than a simple breath of exhalation.> he thought.
    The realisation of this made his next steps easier. He leaned over to his cabalmates.
    "I am very sorry for doing this now, but I think it needs to be done sooner rather than alter." he whispered to them. "With the conclusion of this consilium, I will leave Sacramento. I will also vacate my position as Lorekeeper of the Unbound Smoke - even though I would have desired to linger a little more. Should you ask me for a successor, I would recommend Mr. Truce. I think he would make a fine addition to the Unbound Smoke."
    He leaned back, considering a few seconds.
    "I will explain my reasons later, if you so wish, but here and now you have all the options of new mages, so I thought it would be prudent to tell you now."

12. Likes Matamune liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread