Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Knightly Endeavours

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    P
    Peter Baldwin

Peter Baldwin was no fool. A challenge of Monomacy? He had to be fairly confident in his chances of victory to be willing to make that sort of move. Killing Michael Travis would be more than duty done. It would be a pleasure, a life taken in sprays of Blood and a fine mist of ash settling to the ground. At least, that was what the Menace was hissing at him, deep in his soul, where the dark things behind the manners and the galas and the politesse lived. However, only a fool underestimated the enemy. Only a fool did not take the time to prepare... and so it was time to ensure he was entirely ready for whatever the shady Mekhet could throw.

And so it was that Lord Baldwin summoned another Knight, who turned out to be a clanmate of Michael Travis. Rina Yui was no Thorned Wreath, but now she could demonstrate her loyalty to the Knights by helping him duplicate a feat that Shadows were so well known for. He had invited her to that same flower shop as when they had last met, having told her he had an offer for her, that he hoped to discuss. A trade.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina arrived in her characteristically silent manner. As usual, she had come ready to disappear, with her dark blue hoodie and pants. She had also come armed, however, with her boot-knife. She wasn't one to be unprepared for if something went horribly, horribly wrong. She approached the flower shop, eyes sweeping its length for the man who had invited her. The fact that she couldn't see him already worried her slightly, and she prepared for if she had to run. You could never predict what someone who might not live much longer might do. Including kill a fellow Unconquered for some potential imagined slight.
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

P
    Peter Baldwin

Baldwin opened the door, the little bell tingling to announce its passing. "Good evening, Madame Yui," he greeted her quietly, the Menace pouring off him even as the Lord Knight stepped aside to allow her in.

"Please, join me. I have a proposition for you, one that I think you may have some interest in, given your vocation."

He motioned to a pair of chairs that had long since been set up, moving to choose one and allow her the other. There was no reason they could not be comfortable.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

With Baldwin in sight, Rina's Beast raised its hackles and pushed her to run, but the Shadow quieted it down. There was no reason to fight or run, yet. Well, there was, but she'd be damned if her first reaction to a proposition from a superior Unconquered was running and hiding. She entered nodding politely at Baldwin, and took the seat that was left open. "Good evening, Sir Baldwin. You had said as much. I admit I am curious as to what I have to offer you."
    Aspect of the Predator

P
    Peter Baldwin

The Knight settled into his own seat, gently hooking his left ankle over the front of his right foot in a comfortable way as he adjusted his black suit jacket. Considering the Mekhet for a time and gritting his teeth against the Beast, he said, "Madame Yui, you have much to offer me. As you undoubtedly know, I have challenged your Clanmate, Michael Travis, to Monomacy for betraying the Thorned Wreath to a supernatural enemy of unknown origin. The duel will be coming shortly, and the martial superiority of the Invictus must be demonstrated with absolute, swift certainty. I wish to prepare myself in quick order with the basics of Celerity... just in case it should prove useful. If you will teach me it, I will offer you instruction in either of the Disciplines which my Clan does not hold secret - although, as a Mekhet, I trust you need little aid with the Cloak."

Might had plenty of uses.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina bit her lip for a second, considering her options. Either refuse to admit weakness and teach something for what amounts to free or...suck it up, admit a failure, and learn something new. After a moment of consideration, she sighed internally. There was really only one option that was sensible, as much as she might dislike it. She nodded. "I would be happy to inform you on the secrets of speed. It is a gift I have found most useful. However...for the trade, I will require instruction in the Cloak. Those of my blood sacrificed our skill in that area in exchange for the other of your Clan's Disciplines. We rarely have cause to regret it, but the lack of those skills does on occasion become intolerable."
    Aspect of the Predator

P
    Peter Baldwin

Baldwin's eyebrows popped in surprise for a moment before settling. The more you know, right? He wasn't much of a Bloodline scholar; he didn't know of any version of Mekhet that could manifest the Might. It didn't really matter, did it? Most Nosferatu weren't exactly blurring around with speed. Surprises, it seemed, were all around, but he was more than happy to share the Cloak given the circumstances. Rina Yui was basically an Invictus ninja. Her being unable to cloak made little to no sense at all. "We have an accord, then. Are you willing to commence instruction immediately, Madame Yui? I am afraid time is rather short."

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina nodded swiftly. "Of course. It should not take too long to educate you in this area. Celerity is a Discipline that comes naturally to many, even those of other Clans." She stood, carefully. "Did you have an area set aside for this? Learning Celerity does often result in rather comical impacts with hard objects, but in this case I assume it would be better if you did not injure yourself overmuch."
    Aspect of the Predator

P
    Peter Baldwin

Peter chuckled, motioning down the rows of flowers. "There are straight lines here," he said, considering the space for a moment. "Let's move the flower racks against one another gently for the moment so we can have a bit more space. We can put them back when we're done." He stood, going to lock the front door and draw the shades. It wouldn't do to have some mortal passerby looking in through the windows and seeing a Haunt blurring around the room at impossible speeds. "So, how would you suggest I do this? Is it much like the Might? A focusing of the Blood to the muscles, or is there more to it?"

The Priscus of Haunts was paying plenty of attention, eyes on her even as he moved to one side of a flower rack to move it.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina moved to the other side of the flower rack and grabbed on to it, starting to push it off to the side. As she did, she considered how exactly she would teach him. She had never been taught herself, being left to develop her skills alone, as the situation demanded. "It is...and it is not. The effort is similar, but more fluid. Vigor is a flexing of the supernatural muscle, instant, powerful, and relatively easy. Celerity is...a sprint. It requires your constant focus, and will devour your reserves faster than you might believe possible. Great care must be exercised in its use, or you will find yourself starving and on the edge of Wassail."
    Aspect of the Predator

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.