Ended
Watch
11 - 17
DISPLAYED
Knightly Endeavours

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    P
    Peter Baldwin

Baldwin pushed with her, gently stabilizing the back of the rack to make sure the flowers didn't fall as they moved it along. A sprint, hmm? "So rather than just focusing the Blood to the muscles... hmm. I'm almost imagining it like it is nitrous oxide, applied to a car. A big burst of speed that eats the fuel quickly..." He was musing, more to himself than to her, as he tried to understand it. Vigor was simply... just natural to him. Vitae strengthened the muscles, and so it was. "Could you show me, then tell me how it felt as you made it happen?"

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina nodded carefully. "Yes, that sounds like an excellent analogy, I suppose." She wasn't particularly into cars, but she had learned how to use the internet at one point, and that was enough to learn the core idea of nitrous. "I...will try to do that. It is not the easiest feeling to explain. Often, when prompted, the only analogy I have been able to compare it to is simply...willing myself to move faster." She took a spot at one end of the row and took a moment to compose herself. Had she still been alive, she would most likely have taken a deep breath. And then she simply started moving. But, rather than the relatively slow walk she had been before, she blurred, the world seeming to slow down around her as she moved from one end of the row to the other in the amount of time it would have taken the average person (or un-augmented vampire) to take only one or two steps. To end the run and rid herself of momentum, she took a step on the wall and relinquished the focus, then stood still, considering, before looking at Baldwin. "I believe I may have an analogy that could work, but for it to work, I must ask a question. Do you remember what it felt like to be alive?"
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

P
    Peter Baldwin

Baldwin seated himself now that they'd made enough room, taking the chance to simply observe Celerity in action. Of course, he'd seen it before - most Kindred had - but there was something to actually studying it. She was fast, very fast; it was something he noted about the little ninja. To her question, he simply nodded, suggesting that she ought to go on. He remembered.

It hadn't been that long.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina nodded. Excellent, that meant her analogy would not be wasted. "Then you will remember the moments when you felt the most alive, in battle, in chases, even in childhood games. When the chemical adrenaline rushed its way through your still living veins." She paused. "-That- is what it feels like to access Celerity. To have your entire body lit aflame with life, and burn brighter and stronger, even if only for a few brief moments."
    Aspect of the Predator

P
    Peter Baldwin

Baldwin nodded. He really did - even the battle part, although for him, it hadn't been as formal as soldiering or any of that. Peter Baldwin, once upon a time, had been a ruthless thug, a man to be feared because he would hurt people and enjoy it. Now, he would just hurt people, but he would try to make it clean. He was fighting for a higher cause than his own, mortal greed. The Menace would enjoy it, but the Knight tried not to.

Strictly business.

"I do, yes. All right. So. Concentrate, burn the blood like an afterburner, and think fast, thrilling thoughts."

He stood up.

He focused.

He stirred the Blood --

--and walked. Nothing happened. "Let me try that again."

Stirring... thinking thoughts of battle and speed, burning the Blood as hard as he could --

And so on and so forth, until the mission is accomplished and the Blood is trained

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina watched, from her seat, nodding along and smiling when he finally succeeded. "Excellent! Now, that is only the first step on this particular path. Afterwards, it becomes a case of training and practice to summon the blood to make you even faster. I would be happy to continue your training in the future, in exchange for further training in Obfuscate." She paused. "However, I do have a warning. I said it earlier, but it bears repeating. Be careful. Celerity is not kind. It will devour every drop of Vitae in your body if you are not careful. It should be used only when necessary, and in short bursts. Attempting to use it in long races, if you are not recently fed, will find you collapsing and the Beast taking control from you."
    Aspect of the Predator

P
    Peter Baldwin

"I shall be very careful. Madame Yui, thank you very much, and I shall look forward to returning the favor shortly."

End scene.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.