DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Alex was at the playground again, kneeling in the mulch and tightening his takkies and eyeing the equipment and boulder borders. It was silly, in a way, to come back here. But he felt safe falling on the mulch then trying harder surfaces. Downside of course, was that parents didn't really like to have there kids seeing someone pulling potentially dangerous stunts, so there was a good chance someone would ask him to stop.

No one was in the play area besides him, though, and he doubted and angry parent would march in off of the street sidewalk to yell at him. Thus reassured, the Windwing did some quick warm-ups and stretches, then headed to a pile of climbing Tires set into the ground. He'd do some jumping there, maybe....

Lynn Mills

Lynn walked along the edge of the park, whistling a cheery tune under her breath. It was a bit brisk out, but she'd been doing entirely too much thinking lately and she needed to stretch her muscles. She'd thought she was alone and had even started singing a bit, working out the wording to a particularly vexing set of lyrics, when she happened to spot Alex lacing up his shoes and eying the playground equipment. She grinned at the set of his shoulders, he looked a bit like a kid who knew he was too old to play with the others, but still wanted to try.

"Hey, Alex!" Lynn waved a bit as she approached. "Whatcha up to?"

3. Likes Cayce, RebornSeas liked this post

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Alex glanced around at the greeting, then waved to Lynn when he spotted her. "Hey Lynn! I'm... uh... I met Morgan a bit ago, and she's a Traceur, right? Well, I've always had a bit of a fascination with parkour, but I've never really actively tried to learn it. meeting her kinda prompted me to try and actually practice a few things, and I figure I'm a little less likely to kill myself here than somewhere else."

He flashed a grin, then leaps to the top of one of the towers and wobbles a bit. he landed well enough to catch himself, but her frowned all the same. "I can make most of the jumps and stuff, but I'm not very precise with them, which is something the internet says I should try for."

landing on the tire
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-10 11:46:02 Alex Addler rolls 6 to Str+Athletics Leap to the tire (10 Again) 10, 7, 6, 6, 2, 10, 4, 10, 2 3 successes

Lynn Mills

Lynn wandered over to the swing set and sat down, dropping a bag carelessly down next to it but leaving her fiddle strapped to her back.
    "I'd ask what's wrong with just walking around on the ground, but I think that's a pretty obvious answer." She pushed off with her toes and started to move gently back and forth. "So what's the plan then? Just keep jumping at things and hope you don't break your neck?" A gentle grin removed any sting that the otherwise blunt comment would have delivered.

m
    magiuspendragon

Some habits die hard. Such as scoping out a new neighborhood. So once she'd unpacked her essentials into her new apartment, Andrea had decided to walk the streets and see what there was to be seen. What she hadn't expected to see was a pair of Lost in a playground. A small smile tugged at the edges of her lips. She'd have to meet the local courts eventually. Maybe these two would have some information that she could use.

She approached slowly, staying on the edges of the crowd, waiting for an opportunity to inject herself into the conversation without being too awkward about it. Not that she expected to be too successful. She approached the two, and leaned against one of the pieces of playground equipment, watching and waiting.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Alex laughed, balanced on one foot then teetered forward one leg extended out as he asked, "Isit?" his extended foot caught him as he landed and immediately attempted a cartwheel towards the swings. It was sloppy - his waist and legs not staying straight - but it gets him closer to the swings and started him laughing again.

"Stay low enough that I can land nice. Which isn't too hard considering these. I'm not that afraid of neck-breaking though. I've Skydived and BASE jumped before." He held out his arm-wings for emphasis, then spun and - he was going to sit in the swing next to Lynn, but hesitated when he saw the red-glowing woman. He did sit though, and started pumping his legs. "Lynn, do you know her?"

Lynn Mills

Lynn tilted her head to the side and regarded the new comer thoughtfully. "Actually, I don't." She leaned back and kicked the ground just a bit to keep going. "She's not somebody I've seen around at all. Although, she's not trying to attack, loom, leer or even grimace in our general direction, so I think she's ok." She glanced over at Alex and giggled slightly. "Want to see if she'll come over and play?"

Lynn looked over at the other woman and waved in a clear invitation.

Andrea, if you've got a presence of 2, what impression do people get when they look at her?

9. Likes RebornSeas liked this post
    m
    magiuspendragon

Andrea nodded at the invitation. So her plan had worked, mostly. Or at least it had garnered a clear invitation, though what they were saying about her was anybody's guess. She approached the two cautiously, keeping herself aware of their positioning just in case she needed to make a quick exit. Just because they were Lost, didn't mean that they were friendly. "Hey," she said as she stepped within conversational range. "Nice place," she said. "I'm Andrea." Might as well add an introduction. If they were friendly, she didn't want to be seen as rude.

OOC

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Alex noted where Andrea was, and kept pumping the swing since she wouldn't wind up in his trajectory. Not that he'd gotten very far in getting the swing going yet. "Hi! I'm Alex. Relatively new resident of the city, but I had the fortune of being welcomed in with a Winter event showcasing some local Talent as entertainment." He Gestured to Lynn with one of his arms, but it sent the swing wiggling in a way that wasn't intended. He put his feet down and backed the swing up for a more proper start.

"Don't think I saw you there at all? Just arrived yourself?" He lifted his feet and swung forward.

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

A good bakery was hard to find. A bakery, of course, was not, but one that truly knew how to make a good tart wasn't common, in her experience. The key was in the apricot glazes, Cosima found, and this neighborhood had a bakery with a delightful rendition of that sugary glaze. It was amazing to her how few people could discern any sort of difference between glazes, but for her, her palette knew the difference just as clearly as a chocoholic could discern between fare from Belgium and that found in Hershey, PA. Hence her insistence on using this particular bakery, even if it meant taking a ride in the most public of automotive chariots.

It was on the way to her bus stop, two boxes carried in her arms, that Coco spied the odd group of changelings clustered around the playground. What an odd sight, she thought, remembering back to her travails with Ava Campbell over the Whistler.

"Ho!" Coco called, dashing across the street, boxes jostling uncomfortable against her arms. "Is everything alright? Has another kidnapper struck?" she pressed, faceted eyes wide with concern as she came to a stop about six feet away from the Windwing.

"Aladdler! Lynn! Tell me truly!"
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread