Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Sac Noir) Battle at Goddess's End

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    P
    Peter Baldwin

The Circle of the Crone Temple. A heathen hellhole, as far as Peter Baldwin was concerned, utterly worthy of sacrifice if it meant getting the job done - and surely, it would. It had to. The Heirophant of the Circle had offered a battle to his Goddess this night, and there would be blood... and there were no Invictus allies in sight.

For his part, Peter Baldwin had mustered his resources as effectively as he could. His allies were gun-shy after the loss of some to Nefertiti Khan, and fair enough. He didn't need them here, anyway. What he needed was options, and he had plenty of money left to cash in from Cole's friend, Espinosa.

Ten thousand bucks? Barely any of it had seen the light of day so far, and he offered his friends the whole sum of it if they would come and set up the deadliest anti-personnel traps they could for him in the ground near the church - no explosions. No fire. They didn't want to burn the place down, after all. They wouldn't need to be there for the fighting. They just needed to do the work in advance, and show him where the traps were or how to operate them - then they could get ghost and stay bloody quiet about it. Baldwin had no problem sharing the trap locations with the other Kindred.

Safety first.

He wore black that night, a leather jacket over an obfuscated vest with his weapons hidden beyond the reach of the mind's eye. His car was parked away from the building, in case he needed to make good his escape. His last remaining friend that had been taken from Mameluke Security was told to wait quietly in the back of the Crone's temple. He'd been re-armed. His job? When the fighting started, to help them fight. The Vinculum would do its work.

Peter Baldwin was ready. Were the others?

Yumyumcrow - all of the remaining money from Spinoza is offered to Baldwin's allies to set subtle, deadly traps in the grounds around the building well before this, because defensive advantages.

3 sux to Feed, touch of shadow on gear
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-08 14:23:25 Peter Baldwin rolls 5 to Feeding (Str+Sub) (10 Again) 9, 6, 8, 8, 7 3 successes
    2015-01-08 14:23:10 Peter Baldwin rolls 3 to retry -2 (10 Again) 4, 4, 8 1 success
    2015-01-08 14:22:55 Peter Baldwin rolls 3 to the other three dice (10 Again) 5, 1, 4 failure
    2015-01-08 14:22:44 Peter Baldwin rolls 1 to Touch of Shadow (-1 stake, retry) (10 Again) 7 failure
    2015-01-08 14:22:28 Peter Baldwin rolls 5 to Touch of Shadow (-1 stake) (10 Again) 6, 6, 7, 7, 1 failure
    2015-01-08 14:22:15 Peter Baldwin rolls 5 to Touch of Shadow (-1 knife) (10 Again) 7, 9, 1, 3, 8 2 successes
    2015-01-08 14:21:55 Peter Baldwin rolls 4 to Touch of Shadow (-2 vest) (10 Again) 6, 9, 5, 10, 3 2 successes

A
    Angel Ducard

I open the right door and out slides my right leg, smooth but pale of course. Of course I shaved my legs before this, after all a lady is always prepared. I wear a simple black pair of slacks and a black jacket, and my matching beret of course.

It is a pleasent evening with cool crisp air and I imagine that the Priscus is overloaded with gear. Myself, I have nothing with me beyond my standard gear, phone, notebook, pen, and my new camera. I felt it was prudent to get some new toys, in this case a rather lovely DSLR with a general purpose lense.

I stand out of the car and look around,
    "Glad I didn't wear my heals." Tonight is obviously a sensible shoes night.

The Farm reminds me of something from a horror movie, not exactly my style of cinema. I look around and can't help feel a bit... uncomfortable.

PRE

The Priscus of Ventrue had arrived early, unknowingly complicit in the color choice of her companions and barefoot in a shift dress that hit her at mid thigh. Despite her sparse attire, she did not come with empty hands, however. She needed the aid of her companions to help her move her accoutrements into position. First, a card table was set up near the ritual sight and then a black table cloth, which was long enough to pool on the ground when applied, was set over it. A large clay bowl and two covered, clay pitchers of wine were then set atop the table. It was what went beneath the table that was important, however. Josephine had also brought along a crossbow case, and from within it she took out the crossbow, loaded it, and then hid it beneath the table and its cloth, along with it's case. Was it a brilliant plan for camouflaging her weapon? No, of course it wasn't. It was what she had come up with, however.

"Thank you," she mentioned to whoever had helped her, before stepping some feet away from the table and awaiting whoever was next to arrive.

-1 Vitae for Blush of Life

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Pausing for a short while till everything falls in place.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The Farm was a space of quiet industry. The land had been pared back, certainly, in the last year but lacking any meaningful manpower, grass was already starting to spring up in the allotments and small, fenced off paddocks. The line of green houses were picking up leaf litter and other debris, cast off by the wind; a few vehicles still sat parked but carried an air of wan desperation about them. At least the house itself remained clean and presentable.

Initially, Baldwin gave direction to his associates as they laid out their improvised traps. His orchestra easily dismissing the handful of neo pagans who remained, and who were non too pleased that their fields were being laced with improvised caltrops and other, nasty, things. No one knew why he had to leave - one minute he was directing his associates, the next he was on the phone, then he was staring (the Menace ensuring no one dared go near him), and then he was gone: speeding away in a spray of gravel and disturbed clods of earth. Without his guidance, and under the subtle admonition of the pagans, his orchestra left soon after.

Soon after, Dirge exited the farm house and collected a driver. She left in one of the old vehicles, coughing and huffing in protest as it struggled to the road.

Angel and Josephine were alone in a darkened farm. A wind rustled through the trees...

And we are back...

6. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post

PRE

"Perhaps we should...amend the chosen rite for the evening?" Josephine suggested, turning to the upstart detective, a hint of worry appearing in the canted raise of her sable brows.

8. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    A
    Angel Ducard

I watch as the two Elders both depart with nary a word, "I would be foolish not to agree... this certainly does change the landscape of things. Perhaps we should see if our Host is in? Then we can reallocate our resources." I say as I begin my walk toward the Farm House, hoping above all hope that his Reeve-ness is in, and he did not decide to bugger off as well. After all, what choice do I have, my ride just left. Unless the Priscus of Lords was willing to play the Priscus of Taxi's as well...

V
    Vivian York

Vivian parked a ways off from the actual farm itself, her car hidden in the trees and made sure to visually marker everything. The Daeva was black as night tonight, excluding her hair, that was a deeper shade of red. But still red like the first time she met Kahn. Her pantsuit was easy to move in and made no noise, a thin black scarf tucked into her pocket.

The blouse she wore beneath the blazer was a shade of crimson that could have passed for black. Flattering and particularly easy access to her gun beneath, complete with its suppressor. She wore shoes that night, also flattering but not heeled and silent. She walked along the line of the grass that was right next to the road. Her flashlight had a piece of blue lighting gel over it. Enough light for her to see if she needed, but not enough to cause anyone to notice immediately. As if she may have done all of this before.

Quietly, the Daeva ascended upon those who were gathered for what was to come. She really hoped that Chris Wooding was there to at least usher them about on where to go. “Hello and hello dahlings

ooc

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

Max is the next to arrive, and like Vivian, he keeps his vehicle well away from the farm. He would have liked to have it closer in case things went South and he had to make a hasty retreat, but it was safer if Khan wasn't able to get a traceable description of his car. Plus, too many cars at what was supposed to be a small ritual was sure to tip her off that something was wrong.

He emulates the Daeva in dress as well; wearing a black sweater, tight fitting black jeans, and a pair of sneakers. If they stuck to the original plan, the Mekhet was going to try and conceal himself for as long as possible, or at least until the fight began. Approaching the other three Kindred, Max dips his head in greeting; noticing the Heirophant was so far not in attendance.

"Good evening ladies." He says tersely; there's no humor in the Mekhet's words tonight.

OOC

12. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

I hope it's alright that - for purposes of logic - I write Chris from inside the farm. The whole scene is to take place outside, as discussed in the council, where the sacrificial altar is as well

While outside a lot of preparations were already happening, Chris was inside the farm for a moment. Mostly, to mentally and spiritually prepare himself. Be in line with the Crone. He was slowly get accustomed to the traditions of the Second Descent, but tonight, he would be a warrior for a Goddess who only sends people to the Underworld.

Morrigan.

The Crone of War. Tonight, he would kill for her. Blood will flow. The Hierophant is wearing only a pair of leather pants. Red animal-blood-paint colors his body: a vague bird figure on his chest, two finger-thick lines on each cheek, and several runic symbols on his arms. Normally for a fight would prefer to protect himself with thick clothing - but this fight is on the Circle's grounds. He has to be a convincing leader of this ritual, and Morrigan would favor him in battle.

The only visible "weapon" is an athame attached to a belt. Another weapon is of course his katana, hidden from sight. He steps outside, and realizes how long he had been inside. Everyone is present already. Baldwin's team is busy. Now it wouldn't take long for the guest of honor to arrive as well.

'Good evening everyone...' he seems a bit distant, distracted by thoughts. One of those thoughts is about the small table beside the altar. What is that about? Josephine's way of accepting she's at the Crone's sacred ground? By placing her own altar? Chris certainly hopes not.

Touch of Shadow + feeding roll
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-27 08:05:16 Chris rolls 5 to To feed! (10 Again) 4, 10, 9, 3, 2, 9 3 successes
    2015-01-27 07:55:27 Chris rolls 5 to Touch of Shadow katana (-2 for size) (10 Again) 10, 9, 4, 8, 1, 1 3 successes
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

14. Likes Cayce, Travisc06489 liked this post
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.