THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Stanford Park - C St. & 28th St. - 11:30pm

Konrad's sleazy black market deals are open for business. After their call, Konrad isn't sure what to expect from Michael, who he's only barely spoken to and knew only hearsay about. All Konrad knows is that the guy has money that he's willing to spend, but sometimes that's not a good enough reason to do business. Still, it is a reason, and Konrad knows a fatter wallet meant an easier time greasing the wheels with his connections.

He walks to the park marked by the historic Sutter's Landing plaque and a few picnic tables where he takes a seat. Depending on how urgent this business is, perhaps Michael has gotten there before him.

Michael Travis

PRE

Michael walks with purpose when he sees the other man show up. He takes a small pleasure in noticing that the man's Beast no longer inspires fear. More like competition, though the Shadow is looking for cooperation at this juncture. He speaks up to announce his approach.

"Konrad. Thank you for seeing me." Michael eyes the bench, with his hands in his pockets - his favorite worn leather jacket. "Mind if we walk? I'm a bit aggravated. Staying busy helps." The man almost seems to be speaking to reassure himself, rather than the Savage. He looks down one of the smaller, less busy paths.

"My purpose is, of course, to discuss business with you. I was wondering if I might ask you a question first."

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Despite their having met before Konrad's Beast does not share Michael's sentiments and a surge of anger wells up in the Savage as he stands, perhaps too quickly to dispense a quick mauling to stain the pavement. But the urge is fleeting and more sensible thoughts take over as Konrad walks up to offer a more professional handshake with the man.

"Yo, Michael. It ain't no thang, as they say," says Konrad, taking a relaxed approach since the man still seems somewhat nervous. "No problem, walking's good. All I ever seem to do these nights."

The Stanford Park is rather small in itself, encompassing only a block of picnic areas and a baseball field. But the sidewalk continues north past the railroad tracks to an even larger neighboring park with an expansive jogging path that stretches around a large hilly plain known as Sutter's Landing Park. They'll have plenty of privacy there during these night hours.

"Fair enough, shoot," replies Konrad, all ears.

PRE

Michael shakes his hand before beginning his walk down the jogging path. He attempts for a friendly smile, though its failure to deliver speaks volumes of the man's troubles; the Viper isn't in his normal frame of mind. He sets an easy pace, hands back in his pockets, speaking with a low voice.

"What kind of man do you consider yourself? I know it seems like a broad and unimportant question but... indulge me if you will. What is important to you?" Michael's gaze shifts form the path to Konrad's face - paying just as much attention to the man's reaction as their surroundings. The park calms his nerves, somewhat. Must be the Beast feeling comfort in the hunting grounds.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

Konrad's eyes sidle over to their corner to stare in side glance at Michael for a moment before answering with a sigh.

"Look, I'm fine if you wanna talk business, especially if it's important. But I get the feeling that you didn't call me out here to ask about my personal interests. Am I right? All you have to know about me is that I know a few unsavory characters with some unconventional merchandise and I'm willing to get my hands dirty. Now just knowing that much, what kind of person would you say I am?" The question is rhetorical of course. Konrad is a criminal and he's come to terms with that. But criminals don't make the most trustworthy confidants.

PRE

Michael chews on a thought. Going deeper with this man might be a challenge, but he has a mental itch to satisfy. He pushes on.

"Business, yes. But I'm at a point where I need to make a decision. Sorry for picking your brains over it. You probably are looking for the word 'criminal', but I would say you're a survivor. You do what you must to get by - and stay alive. You and I live in a world where 'unsavory' is a way of life." He raises his brows at the last as if to say 'am I right'. "So, as a survivor... would you give up a part of yourself that you cherish to avoid possible destruction?" Now he's getting to the meat of it.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

Konrad gives a look around his surroundings, just for safety's sake. "Yeah, pretty much," he confirms, keeping his voice low enough to be heard between them. "I've been a survivor since before the Embrace. Not really a glamorous lifestyle, but hey, it's been pretty adventurous. I don't mind telling our kind about it cause I know no one's going to turn me in. But let's not talk about me, okay? What sort of help were you talking about over the phone?"

Konrad is clearly nervous about where this conversation is going. The fact that Michael is beating around the bush gives Konrad the impression it's not something that can be said easily, which means it might spell trouble for him in the long run.

Why are we talking about destruction and sacrifice? This is creeping me out...

PRE

Michael forces a sigh, rubbing the spot between his eyes. "Not one for philosophy are you? Fair enough. I suppose the less you know about it the better. Less reason to feel indicated." Michael's gaze dances over the horizon as he speaks, wary of any unwanted audience. "I'm looking for some special ammunition. The kind that burns. And quite possibly a high caliber delivery system for said ammunition. Used an M16 in my Navy days. Though I can make do with .22 ammunition if you don't think you can find something bigger."

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"Yes, exactly. Don't mix business with pleasure. That works out well for everyone," agrees Konrad, shrugging off the mention of philosophy.

Konrad makes a low whistle after Michael shares the items he's after. "That sounds pretty dangerous. I mean, I'm not a big gun nut or anything. It also sounds expensive, and anything high-end is going to cost a bit more than acquiring the same hardware by legal means. I know we just decided to keep this strictly business, but I don't want to find out that this sale is suddenly going to finger me as an accomplice in, oh I dunno, an assassination attempt on a princely fellow? Tell me this is just something for self-defense."

Michael didn't seem all that stupid to Konrad, but looks could be deceiving. A little reassurance would put his mind at ease, even if it were a lie.

PRE

Michael laughs lightly. He needs a laugh. "Money isn't precisely a problem for me. And no, nothing so grandiose. If you must know, I'm considering whether or not to attend the next social gathering of ours. I'm to be the main event. Monomacy." He shakes his head; his good humor having been fleeting. He looks into the other man's eyes.

"It would be much easier to simply leave, granted. But there is something here that is important to me. To leave is to live without it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread