DISPLAYED
(PrP) Gifts That Keep Giving

Page 19 of 19 First ... 9 15 16 17 18 19

Presence • (Part of the Scenery)
    Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Hunching over, the man appears in his forties if not older. His hair is disheveled, his expression bizarre between glee or malice. His frame is thin and clothes ragged or stained, smelling worn and unwashed.
    Mein

His skin is gray like stone and his features more exaggerated, his eyes more set apart. Wings curl around his shoulders, unusable but expressive, as is his short tail. Horns adorn his brow and curl along the contour of his skull. He is what many would describe to be a gargoyle.

"I have heard the stories of Fairweather's fire. And the memorial thereafter," says Gregory with a solemn nod. "What help was it that you offered, John, before going into hiding?" Perhaps that help could be offered once again, whatever it may have been, a reminder of his value.

S
    Selena

Alex Rivers

The attack on the Four Seasons took place before Rostam's arrival in Sacramento, but the stories he'd heard were scary enough...

"So are you saying that the people you're trying to ward off with your totems are part of the same faction that blew up the Four Seasons? Or related to them in some way?"

S
    Selena

"Long ago, I forget. But it was an Autumn situation." He only glanced to the Sovereign, if they had more questions they could ask her.

John shook his head in a severe manner. "No. No, he wasn't a faction. Or part of a faction. He was one of the scariest things I've seen... wanted to do much damage."

"I'm just trying to help ward off. Part of my help to the Queen."

Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Hunching over, the man appears in his forties if not older. His hair is disheveled, his expression bizarre between glee or malice. His frame is thin and clothes ragged or stained, smelling worn and unwashed.
    Mein

His skin is gray like stone and his features more exaggerated, his eyes more set apart. Wings curl around his shoulders, unusable but expressive, as is his short tail. Horns adorn his brow and curl along the contour of his skull. He is what many would describe to be a gargoyle.

"I see," says Gregory slowly, his head twisting as he thinks on what is said. Finally he turns to the Queen. "Whatever has been said or done in the past, would you permit this one to return at last?" he rasps in query to the Queen. "The oath he could take, but it be your decision to make, Queen of the Ashen Court. You know him better than I, or better than most. What be your will, oh noble host?"

Betony pulled on her shawl. Seeing that the two were persistent in knowing the why of it all, she answered matter of factly.

“If you must know, John and I arrived at the Freehold nearly the same time. The both of us assisted in investigating the death of Edna which is the boarding house’s namesake.”

“I will permit him to stay, so long as he remains within the boarding house as much as possible.”

“As far as what he speaks of in the Hedge. He has been gone quite some time within it. He has been gone for many years from my sight, which could very well translate into reaching far into the depths of the Hedge and what may lie within.”

“There could be something close by. Hopefully he didn’t actually lure whatever it was toward us. Sometimes objects meant to scare Them away can attract as well.” Her lips pursed and her eyes slightly narrowed at the veteran Autumn Courtier. He probably meant no harm, but a nudge of irritation was necessary.

Bump

Alex Rivers

"So what's the next step? And what can we do to help?"

Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Mein

"Perhaps we might patrol the Hedge and keep watch for signs of danger or activity, how the Hedge might be shaped by the Wyrd?" suggests Gregory in a curious rasp to Rostam and the Queen. "We did swear the Oath so we may as well fulfill it in such a way."

He looks to John once more. "I do hope you will be comfortable here, John Gears. Perhaps I shall visit with when I have more news to share."

S
    Selena

The Queen, whose work was clearly done for now, left the room with only a nod to Rostam and Gregory. John’s eyes followed her to where Betony headed upstairs.

“I think I will be okay now. I will probably take the old room in the basement if its unattended.” The way he spoke had a familiarity of the boarding house. “Thank you for your diligence. I don’t think I would have come inside, or out of the hedge without your… persistence.” John softly raised and lowered his shoulders. A slight internal struggle to leave as soon as they did, but instead he started toward the basement door.

“Thanks again.”

This part has ended. We can put this one on the books

As for some of the other stuff hinted at. If you’d like to pursue the other things that go bump in the hedge that John mentioned in passing, I’ll be glad to do so. If you’d like to recruit some people (ooc) that’d be great too!

Page 19 of 19 First ... 9 15 16 17 18 19
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 7

You do not have permission to view the list of names.