Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
In Which Ducks Make an Appearance (Attn Sam)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Kyle Franesco
    Kyle Franesco

PRE

They clustered around his feet quacking in a strangely insistent manner, ignoring the rain. Kyle had, in his hands, a bag of bread and a large black umbrella that kept him mostly dry. He walked around the park like the eye of a very short hurricane, bread bag closed. He was not impatient, since he had all afternoon.

He was glad he had dressed warmly today.

Sam Skrit, Wizened, Spring Court
    Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Sam shivered as the cold puddle water seeped through his sneakers. At least his old army jacket and wool cap were dry. He smiled when he saw the swarm of ducks around Kyle. Sam approached slowly so that he wouldn't cause too much of a disturbance to the birds.

"Is this your entourage?"

Kyle Franesco
    Kyle Franesco

PRE

"Naw, they'll let us know if people wander this way. It wouldn't do for the mundies to overhear this stuff after all." Kyle juggles his burdens so that he holds the bread in the same hand that the umbrella is in, then he extends his had to Sam to shake. "So you ever teach this stuff before?" He turns so that the two of them are protected from the drizzle by the umbrella.

Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Ducks as lookouts. Neat trick.

Sam shrugs.

"It depends on what you are trying to do. Dream walking is more about practice, than classes. I can show you what I do, but you have to feel it for yourself. On the other hand, there are little tricks I can show you that work for me. If they aren't your style, they will at least give you something to work with until you figure out what does work for you."

Kyle Franesco
    Kyle Franesco

PRE

Sorry, getting back to work's been kicking my butt all over the place :(

"I see. What kind of tricks would these be? Honestly, I haven't done any dreamwalking since a little after getting out and I was hoping for someone to practice with so I didn't screw the pooch, figuratively speaking of course. There was just so much he needed to do to be good at the task, He needed a Hollow, a Contract with Dreams, not to mention regular practice. Kyle almost sighs.

Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Sam tries not to stare at Kyle. Instead, he steals quick glances at the man. He glances at other things, too, but that is just a cover for his quick glances in general.

"We can practice together. A simple pledge is all that will take."

What does this guy really want with me? I bet he is used to getting whatever he wants. So, why post something when he could probably just drop a few hints and let the offers come rolling in?

"Also, I can teach you some of the Contract. That should be easy enough. What have you got to trade?"

Sam looked at Kyle's ears. They usually gave away emotion, but this guy was so hard to read.

Kyle Franesco
    Kyle Franesco

PRE

Kyle nods, appearing pleased with the way things are moving. "Tit for Tat of course. In exchange for help forging a Contract with Dreams I can help you Forge some of the Common contracts of Spring, Mirror and Vainglory. For help with actual Dreaming I can teach you how I deal with people. Training for training sounds fair to me." He looks up and the rain starts to slacken, and then stop. He moves his umbrella aside and starts shaking it out. "Unless you have a different offer in mind?"

Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Sam seems to be ignoring a chill, but his eyes speak of the heat of yearning.

What an opportunity to become a true representative of Spring's joy.

"I believe that will work. I am interested in the Fleeting Spring contract clause, 'Growth of Ivy'. Would a Dream pledge for one month's time be acceptable?"

Kyle Franesco
    Kyle Franesco

PRE

"Indeed." Kyle folds his umbrella and tucks it under his arm, looking around to make sure there aren't any people nearby to overhear. "For the next moon you will Assist me in Dreams and I will Assist you in Desire, in return, we shall have the skills to understand the pair and how to use them. Should either of us fail in these tasks, may fortune manage our punishment fairly and justly." He extends his hand to Sam to seal the deal.

Pledge Mechanics

Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Sam grips Kyle's hand and gives it a single shake.

"Well said. Shall we get on with the dreaming this night? We could hit some parties, play the field, then settle into the dreamscape in the warm glow of a night well spent."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread