Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 13
DISPLAYED
The Man In The Box

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

"We're not done yet."

There was a slight edge to the usual polite tone, and eyes hardened.

Really? Just a 'Sorry, bro'? As if he'd just jostled me at the bar?

Eyes moved towards the blood spattered box filled with tiny corpses.

"First, you're going to take that, clean it up, and then return it to me. After that, you're going to look into this...,"
    he continued, producing a worn envelope that appeared to be a letter.

He placed the letter on top of the box.

"Take the box back to Asylum when it's clean."

Without another word, he left.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, Travisc06489, Benji liked this post

PRE

Michael nods. Not noticing or perhaps not caring if the Prince is upset. Again. Such things could be taken in stride. Asa isn't done with him, though, apparently. Rather than risk another unfortunate setback, Michael makes a note to add this to the growing list of favors and demands he has yet to satisfy. And they say creatures of the night are solitary. Seems we'll all be holding hands and singing kumbaya, soon. And I'll be right in the middle.

"Consider it done." His own feelings aside, the remark is bereft of any sarcasm. He watches the Prince make his way out, then turns his attention to his two new dilemmas. Curiosity wins over the promise of manual labor, leading him to inspect the letter before hauling the box on its long journey to find a hose.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Its a chunky letter in a much worn yellow envelope. Going by the spidery criss-cross patchwork of mis-posts and stamps, it has circulated for some time. The letter is bulky because of the paper upon which it is written: an expensive cloth paper, almost card. A pleasant scent of spice rises gently from the cloth. Hand written in a large, crisp, copper plate is the following:

Dear Ms Villiers,

In the Name of the One Above, peace. I hope, finds you well and happy. My name is Hasan Bey. I am a lawyer, acting on behalf of a third party who for now wishes to remain anonymous. If I may, I would like to explore with you the possibility to purchasing Lot 12B. As you will no doubt recall, you purchased this and other items at the auction held for the deceased estate of Carlos Webber, early last year. My client is very interested in purchasing this item and has empowered me to act in their stead should you wish to sell.

For further information, please contact me here: (mobile number, email, postal address supplied).

I am given to understand that you may receive similar solicitations from time to time. Please be advised that my client's offer is genuine and they do not wish to needlessly waste your valuable time, nor defraud you in anyway. Further, should you be in negotiation with other parties regarding the sale of Lot 12B, my client is prepared to meet, and indeed, exceed, any offer you may be considering.

Thank you for taking the time to read this letter. I humbly await your instruction, and am available at any hour.

Yours sincerely,
    Hasan Bey

(A business card has been provided that reiterates the writer's details. Interestingly, the business card pegs the author as a legal consultant with an architectural firm: Smee, Ahab and Ismail, of Oakland California)

5. Likes Brownlee, Travisc06489 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread