Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Living Up To Expectations (Open)

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Sam Skrit, Wizened, Spring Court
    Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

"I have recently arrived from the east coast. I am a little embarrassed by my failed attempt at schooling there. I had a good teacher, but my extra curricular activities caused quite a stir. I felt it best to put some distance between me and disapproving eyes."

Tam munches on some chips and cookies, as if the idea of dessert last were a foreign concept. Then, she returns to the sandwich.

"I've been spending a bit of time at the Fillard Goldman Museaum. I have met a couple people there that are making my stay in Sacramento quite worth the trip."

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh nods. "Ah, you run with that group then. Well, I know the head curator of the Museum is a very good teacher. Maybe if you ask, she'll help you out?"

Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

"Actually, I seem to have gotten off on the wrong foot with the curator ... a couple of times. Besides, what I am studying is quite mundane and basic. I think she would be insulted if I were to ask for tutoring."

Tam takes a drink.

"Are your studies Higher level learning?"

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh nods. "Yes it is. I take it your studies do not qualify as Higher learning them?" She glances at the books Tam has with her, wondering if maybe she could help the woman with her mundane learning. She is a Life Master, after all.

Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

"Hah, no, definitely not Higher. Sadly, while I may have some noteworthy skills when it comes to practice, my academic background is sorely lacking." Tam pulls out a library book on Anthropology and Religion. "I would love some help. My mind wanders and I get distracted easily. I mean, I've been Places that these people," Tam taps the cover of book, "would die to experience, but I have trouble remembering names, dates, and details. I must warn you, while I am wonderful company, my free spirited wiles make most tutors twitch. I wouldn't be able to pay you, but I am a decent cook, so I could make a meal and we could study over dinner."

Tam paused for a moment.

"And, we might be able to compare notes on issues of Higher learning."

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh laughs. "Well, I never turn down the opportunity for free food. Ummm, I think maybe you might need some training in meditative exercises. I've found that it does help to quiet the mind. Also, I have an extensive academic history. I was very sick when I was young and spent a lot of time with my head in a book. I pretty much grew up in a hospital and there isn't a whole lot to do to keep yourself occupiued other then reading. So, I am pretty sure I can help you there. I do have one question though, what is it you want to do with this academic knowledge when you're done?"

She takes a drink from her own bottle of water and then thinks of something. "Oh yeah and I have a huge kitchen at home that you're more then welcome to cook in. I know West wouldn't mind someone being in the house."

Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

"Huge kitchen ... As Bogey once said, 'This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.' Is West your significant other?" Tam raised her eyebrows with the question. She finishes her cookies. "My ... organization puts quite a bit of value on academics. I just want to get the basics under my belt. I would rather do field work, but you know how politics work. But, maybe with the right teacher, and meditative practices, I could end up with a degree in the long run."

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yes." Ankh says simply. "He is my........" Boyfriend seemed very childish and fiance was just not right. West had never proposed. Hell, she didn't even know if Mages did the marriage thing. Maybe she should ask him? Or would that send him into a siezure? OOoohh that could be fun in and of itself. "significant other works I guess and he is my teacher as well. He's a very gentle and patient person."

She has no doubts that Tam's organization put a lot of emphasis on academics. It is one of the reasons she wanted to be an Arrow, she wanted to be more then just a brain. "My organization is more about the physical aspect of higher learning." She says with a smile. "But I think I can definitly help you with the academics. So, would you like to start now?"

Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Physical? I wonder if she means the Arrows.

"Now? That awesome. This is my day off and I was just grabbing a bite before studying."

Tam finished her sandwich.

"Oh, by the way, to you know a guy that goes by the name Orphan?"

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh nods. "Yes I know Orphan. I do not know him well, but I have healed him after a few practice sessions." She stands and throws her trash away, then returns to the table. "I have a car if you need a ride. I don't know if West will be home, but it will probably be less destracting if he isn't anyway."

Continue here

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread