Vivian reveled in the chaos of the holidays. Her blood nearly demanded it, to mingle with Kine and find a way to coax some unsuspecting mortal alone. Since it was the time of year that most waited for New Years and continued to eat, drink and be merry, the over indulgence was to her advantage.

And now was also the time for the after holidays sales. She never understood Americans with their huge blow out bargains. Often, sales like these needed interventions. Women seemed oblivious to who could be following them in a large clothing store like Macy’s or Nordstrom’s which made it even more perfect for hunting for… bargains, yes… bargains.

She looked for the ones with shopping trolleys loaded to the maximum. Trying on every sale item simply because it was cheap, but god knows it was probably not stylish. The Daeva had picked a few dresses off a rack that may not have been clearance, but we gorgeous and probably on sale; she didn’t pay attention.

The woman she had been following was about mid-thirties, the age where your mentality about fitting in and looking good really took its toll. Right before the female went into the dressing room, Vivian plucked out an orange sweater.

“Oh, you will regret this later, no matter what the price.”

The woman spun around aghast with near offence, but Vivian stuck to her guns.

“Trust me dahling, I know these things.” Hell, the blonde was dressed in stylish slacks, gorgeous blouse and heels that most people would consider more than dress casual business wear.

“Are you… sure… I thought orange was in season this year.”

“Rubbish! It’s only in season because of that series ‘Orange Is the New Black’.” Vivian’s hands swiped in an X in front of her torso.

“But… it’s on”

“Sale! Yes, I’m sure it is. That doesn’t mean you should buy it. I’m sure there are plenty of other pieces in your cart that would mix and match well and coordinate.”

The female shopper was now interested. “Really, like…” Pulling a blouse with a skirt out that may have looked better matched with other items. “This and this?”

Vivian leant back on her haunches. “Hmmm well… perhaps. Maybe you should try it on.” Tossing her clothes onto the discard rack in the dressing room. “Tell you what, I’ve assisted plenty with personal shopping.” Shrugging, but not mentioning it was mostly men because dressing rooms were a treat. “Let’s nab that large dressing room and I can help you out.”

“Oh well I wouldn’t want to take up your time.” Still reluctant that the blonde was offering such a thing.

“Consider it an after Christmas wish. Don’t worry, there’s no fee or anything. A free after-Christmas consult, if you will.”

Because you bloody well need an intervention.

The dollar signs nearly sprung into the woman’s eyes. “Okay, let’s do this. I’ve never had a consult done before.”

The ladies hurried into the dressing room. From here, it would be a piece of cake. Eventually, the woman would need assistance with some of the items she’d selected. This is where her payment came in; not cash but a Vampire's liquid gold.

The Daeva was quite amused that she was helping control someone else's vice. Sometimes she could hardly control her own.