Ended
Watch
11 - 14
DISPLAYED
Matters Temporal

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    P
    Peter Baldwin

"It's a feudal relationship, Mr. Durand. Which means that you are expected to support and serve those of higher station than you, as you will be able to expect service and support from those who end up in lower station than you. Think of it as vassalage and lordhood. You get things from being a part of the relationship, but you need to serve the person and organization giving them to you. By doing this well, everyone wins, and the entire covenant becomes stronger for it."

He blinked, considering the young Haunt.

"Think on it, Mr. Durand. One thing you must secure if you wish to join the Invictus is a sponsor, and you'll need to demonstrate your talents to earn one. Earning a good sponsor can catapult you forward in the Covenant. It is an organization, of course, that respects power and merit - which means if someone of power and merit thinks you are a good fit, then it speaks volumes about you."

The smile slipped off his face as Julian focused his attention, and his thoughts on what his Priscus had just said. The pause lasted a moment or two, before his eyes snapped back into the here and now, an easy smile returning to his features.

"Thank you, Priscus Baldwin. You've certainly given me a lot to think about" he paused for another moment, picking his words before continuing pleasantly "With a bit of luck, I'll find the time once I've settled in to demonstrate my talents to a sponsor."

He glanced down at the cigar he was holding, careful not to let his attention focus on the smoldering tip. Smoking one had proven an odd sensation, one made not entirely pleasant by that primal gut-punch brought about by flame and smoke. He looked back to Baldwin, a little sheepishly - he hadn't gotten through much of it, though he wasn't sure if he was supposed to. Perhaps you only smoked for a little while?

"and thank you for the cigar, I never smoked in life, and it is an interesting sensation...now" he remarked with a slight chuckle "I've no further questions, and I wouldn't want to keep someone as busy as yourself here on my account for too long." He still wore a smile, and he made no movements to leave. Julian was quite content to stay and chat, but the Curse made small-talk with strangers something akin to pulling teeth. He'd wanted to give his Priscus an 'out' of the conversation, and was content to play by his leave.

P
    Peter Baldwin

"I'm in no rush, Mr. Durand. Always time for one of the Blood." His cigar found his lips again, and he pulled smoke in, holding it deeply and exhaling the pleasant taste from dead lungs. "If you wish to go, don't let me hold you up, though..."

I'm content to have it trail off into them making small talk and smoking, or Durand leaving, whichever works for you.

"Well, in that case..." Julian said pleasantly, settling back into his chair. He took another drag on the cigar; deciding that irrespective of whatever pre-death Julian thought of smoking, there was something fundamentally cool about sitting in a salon smoking a cigar. Even if the salon in question was a flower shop, and even if you could cut the tension in the air with a butter knife. Still kinda cool.

"Any tips you could give a new-comer to the Domain?" he asked after a moment, having decided it was an easy hook for small talk "I mean, I have a pretty good feel for where I am and am not allowed to feed, but beyond that I don't really have a lay of the land, or a feel for the people in it. Anything you'd recommend for leisure?"

I am happy to sit around and narrate some small talk, also happy to just end the scene with an understanding that they chatted for a while on mundane topics

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.