Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(SN 14) The Other End of the Bar

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Lynn Mills

Lynn was startled to hear a voice coming from behind her, but quickly swung around and grinned in return at the newcomer standing behind them.

"Why yes, I will be. A few of the usual and a debut of something of my own." She tilted her head slightly as she looked at Chris, realizing that she doesn't know him. He must be new not only to the party but to the area as well. She held out a hand in greeting. "I'm Lynn Mills." Then she turned gestured to the rest of the group. "And this is Coco, Alex and Catherine." She indicated each as she spoke their names.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Alex chuckled at Chris's enthusiasm for meeting Lynn. He waved when Lynn introduced him too - and made note that Coco's date was Catherine. He mostly kept quite though, music wasn't something he knew about, as much as he rarely objected to listening to it.

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Welcome back, Aladdler! And thank you, I think so, too!" Coco gushed in reply, slipping an arm around Catherine's waist.

"And it's a pleasure to meet you, Kyle. I am Cosima Tascioni, Claviger of Spring, at your service," she told the newcomer, making a slight bow so as not to disturb contact with her favorite artist.

"Will you drink with us? We were just about to order Aladdler something so that we might toast his recent pledge to join our most fabulous Freehold! Perhaps you have a suggestion for a suitable beverage?"
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

E
    Eris

Sorry, Wrong Account

E
    Eris

Catherine started slightly as an unforeseen and petite palm nestled near the base of her spine. She rounded to see who was taking so proprietary a perspective in relation to her person, when she found herself confronted by Cosima’s charming countenance her confusion fled, her features forming a pale reflection of the Wasp’s own resplendent smile which only grew wider at her lover’s praise. Their lips were soon joined afore all too swiftly parting for the Artist’s taste.

“Dearest Cosima, flattery will get you everywhere... The muse trailed off as she took in her inamorata’s own attire with an appreciative eye, afore swivelling at the bartender’s return as she collected a pair of pale intoxicants in elegant glasses. ”You yourself appear decidedly delectable.” She offered the Claviger the lemon shaded beverage and sipped at her own amber ambrosia.

Catherine had long since become accustomed to the effects of her own mantle, to her senses the cool breeze and the scent of rain were little more than background noise; so she was somewhat startled to feel it surge as though in recognition as her paramour presented a young lady whose pallid pallor rivalled that of her own snow-white skin. Amidst the sudden and pervasive scent of petrichor carried by the brisk breeze forming where their Arcadian airs abutted, the Muse felt she recognised something of a kindred spirit in the other woman, a sense that she too had lost something dear to her which could never be replaced. Though such could be verily assumed of almost any amongst the congregated changelings there this night.

”Ah, another artist!” Catherine exclaimed with unfeigned enthusiasm and a glance to the adjusted fiddle case. ”Though you make your bow a brush and the cool night air your canvas I can already discern that we shall not want for common ground.” The Muse exclaimed with a gesture to the chilled gusts brought forth by their nigh-indistinguishable, sorcerous shrouds. Transferring her drink to her left so as to eagerly accept the extended appendage; the Fairest and the Darkling gently but firmly shook one another’s hands, a gesture filled with distinctly more warmth than that of their immediate surroundings. “I shall ardently anticipate your performance, it is seldom indeed that one sees reason to impune Cosima’s sense of taste. I hold little doubt that I should be anything other than incontrovertibly impressed.” She extended what she hoped was an encouraging smile to her fellow begetter.

As an unfamiliar figure swathed in striking plumage approached the trio her expression blossomed into an appreciative grin as she took in the dark brown feathers interspersed by gold’s lustrous glimmer.

Now there is a subject deserving a degree scrutiny!

Delving into the dusty halls of her Library the Artist appropriated the blue, thorn-bound tome from its accustomed resting place and committed the feathered figure to its pages alongside almost all of the lost she’d encountered since her arrival in the freehold. Returning to the moment, the Muse favoured the blushing beast’s compliment with a pleased yet bemused nod and was delighted to feel her fellow Fairest’s arm encircle her waist in response. She swiftly returned the gesture, taking care not to dislodge the drink from Cosima’s delicate digits and exploiting the opportunity to pull her lover a little closer.

As the violinist turned away to respond to the attentions of another eager admirer Catherine tilted her head to regard Cosima with a raised eyebrow and no small measure of amusement. As though seeking to convey a message through her expression alone. Her air of mirth faltered not as they each were introduced to the admirer with the eye-catching antlers which branched artistically backward from above the tapered points of his ears. Another swift visit to her Library and his distinctive figure was catalogued alongside that of the feathered fellow with the gilded gaze.

”Indeed, you find yourself most welcome within our company.” Catherine exclaimed in the wake of the Claviger’s own greeting. ”That sounds a splendid suggestion.” Though a look of confusion soon creased her countenance and she transferred her gaze back to the Windwing. ”Please, I intend no offence, but am I to understand that you go by Aladdler?”

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

The mingling of the others' Mantles is almost soothing. It reminds Kyle of nature. The calmer, gentler side of nature. One without thorns. It saddens him, somewhat, that beauty is just as often terrible as it is wonderful. He dismisses the thought before it becomes a distraction. He takes Lynn's hand in a gentlemanly, if slightly antiquated greeting. He doesn't linger with her hand for too long.

"Fantastic! I do a little music-making, myself. Kinda wish I knew who to talk to about getting set up." His mood runs the gamut from excited, at first, to slightly disappointed. He probably won't be singing tonight. Not to be dissuaded from an otherwise wonderful evening, he once again dismisses the negativity entirely.

Turning to greet the others, he brings up a cheerful smile once more. "Coco. Heh, I like it. That means you're Alex..." he says, offering a nod of his head to the man with the highlights. Highlights? Wait... those are feathers. "Which means you must be Catherine." He doesn't offer the other two ladies the same greeting as he had Lynn, avoiding a potential misconstrue of intent.

Coco's question earns a soft laugh. "Will I? I wouldn't dare turn down the offer of a good time." He taps the side of his own drink - some cognac he hadn't bothered to get the name of. "I've got this, though I don't know if I should be the one to pick the drink. I only pretend to have class. Sometimes. When drinks are, you know... free."

OOC

7. Likes Cayce liked this post

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

OOC

Alex hopped from foot to foot as Catherine's Arm slipped around Coco's waist. He really had no idea how to react to the public affection between the two. Though he really wasn't going to think about that right now, if he could help it, and was down right grateful Catherine offered an excuse to talk about something else. "Oh, not really. My Full name is Alexander Addler, but it's a bit of a mouthful. Most people call me Alex or Al... Coco seems to enjoy playing with permutations of the second with my last name. I'm not going to object as long as doesn't spread."

He chuckled at the horned Musician hesitating and shrugged. "I don't have much of any experience with drinking, so I could give rocks about what you chose for me. Way I figure, if I like it, I keep with that, if I don't, I'll get something else." His feathers along his arms puffed briefly before settling down again, Pleased with the man's thoughtfulness.

Lynn Mills

Lynn smiled warmly at the lovely lady that Coco was so obviously enamored with. She'd never met somebody else who's mantle matched her own and she had to wonder how that came about. It was odd, but she got the feeling that the other woman saw far more than was on the surface. Of course, that wasn't exactly unexpected with the otherworldly abilities that most of the Lost seemed to have. She had to wonder just what it was that she saw though.

"I shall do my best to live up to Cosima’s praise then, if only so that she is not proven to be wrong!" Lynn grinned impishly. "I would not wish to guess what might happen if I were to fall below her expectations. She might take me to task herself!"

Taking a step back, she angled herself so that she might talk easily to both Catherine and Chris. "What type of music do you perform?" She tilted her head slightly to the side. "I'm working on something myself, trying to get back into things. Maybe we can talk later? I've got some plans that I think you might be interested in. If nothing else it might be fun to jam together sometime."

She had plans indeed, but she hadn't thought of taking a partner before this. She'd been posting video's of herself playing on the internet for a couple weeks and was currently saving up money to rent time in a professional studio and writing songs like mad. If very very lucky, she'd have her first cd ready in the next few months. Kintsugi Productions was going to be more than a youtube channel if it killed her.

10. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
    E
    Eris

Catherine met the second musician’s greeting with a smile and an inclination of the head, both hands otherwise engaged as they were with lover and liquor respectively.

” I regretfully surmise that you will not be accompanying fair Lynn in performing for us this evening?” The Fairest allowed the question to hang although she was almost certain it would prove rhetorical, then laughing at the Windwing’s response she offed a rebuttal of her own, much shaped by mirth. ”Yes, when it comes to word play she’s an artist in her own right.” The Muse ventured with a teasing wink to her companion and a gentle squeeze to their waist. Her expression of amusement and jocular mockery only deepening at the intonation of Lynn’s next statement and it’s impish accompaniment.

‘Take her to task’ aye? No, no previous entanglement binds these two together...

Amongst the sea of lost faces she thought she espied a Racoon and the Fairest’s thoughts turned to her leather messenger bag, though loathe as she was to leave Cosima’s embrace she realised that she might now require a later occasion to present the gift held within. Coco’s own present awaited at home, enshrouded in wrapping paper and nestled beneath their bed where it should remain safe from discovery, provided that the wasp wasn’t suddenly overcome with an urge to go searching for long misplaced slippers.

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

If Lynn's talents have earned such high praise from Coco, Kyle muses, he is in for a treat.

"Well... I have my own work - a few songs out on iTunes. Mostly industrial with rock influences. I can sing to almost any style, though." The Minstrel beams with confidence. "A little 'collaborating' might be fun. I don't have much else to do. Heh. OK, not really true. But I would like to do it. Maybe some day I can be as famous as my Fetch." He laughs, despite the grim humor. "Maybe you've heard of Kyle Ferlen? That's me. Or it was."

The Windwig's comment makes Kyle smile a bit wider. It is probably a bad idea, but Kyle cannot resist getting people into the spirit with some 'spirits'. He gestures with his hand to Alex, as if presenting him to an audience. "This guy's got it right. Hang on a sec." He assesses the 'situation', re-counting the number of people in the group. Satisfied, he leans over the bar to make his request. "Can I get five Irish Carbombs for us over here? Thanks." The Fairest grins in anticipation. Go big or go home.

Kyle turns back and offers a shrug to Catherine. "Not unless they can make some kinda last minute adjustments to tonight's schedule, or whatever. I wouldn't even know who to talk to about that." He casts a questioning look to Lynn. "How did you get set up?"

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread