Since the Chapter House was compromised, Shadow found herself a room at the Claire. It was comfortable and spacious, but she still missed her small room and cramped study. None-the-less, it was to her suite that she invited Prince Clarke to discuss his future in the Ordo Dracul. She was very surprised to see him at the meeting earlier that week and wanted to understand his motivations for joining the group. She also wanted to make sure he found the knowledge he was seeking and was steered in the right direction.

She did little to prepare the room for his visit. The maids had already seen to it the room was spotless. She rearranged a chair and a table, to make it more comfortable to sit and talk. She also turned the heat in the room on, so the Prince would not be uncomfortable with her close proximity. She could feel the cold coming off her in waves and she knew this had a habit of making other kindred stay away from her.

After everything was set to her satisfaction, she sat back and meditated until Asa arrived.

Asa was surprised and curious --and a bit uncomfortable-- to receive the summons from the Oracle and former Prince, and doubly surprised when he found out where she was staying. He wore a t-shirt under his button-down, and a wool suit meant for Autumn. Pausing before the door, he straightened his tie, and knocked.

Shadow answers the door with a ready and genuine smile. "Prince Clarke, please come in." She steps aside to allow the Prince to pass her before closing the door. She walks through the foyer leading into the sitting room, where Asa can see the comfortable chairs are set and waiting.

"May I take your jacket? I have adjusted the temperature in the room to accommodate your needs. I understand that being is my presence can be uncomfortable." She holds out her hands, ready to slide the jacket from his shoulders.

"Thank you," Asa replied, feeling the coolness on his face. He dragged his eyes away from her beautiful features to look at the suite as he stepped inside, and then followed her.

"No, but thank you," he politely replied to her offer. "I'm fine," he added, waiting for her to sit before he did. For several reasons, this woman made him uncomfortable --although he was careful to keep a friendly, pleasant expression-- and the blazer was almost like a layer of protection from that discomfort.

Shadow shrugs her acceptance and folds herself comfortably in the chair. "I am sure you are wondering why I asked to see you, so I will not bore you with empty pleasantries."

She watches him as she speaks, noticing his stiffness. She doesn't understand what it is that has him so wound up but he is the Prince and he probably has a number of better things he could be doing at the moment. "I also know that your time is short, so I will try to make this as brief as possible. I would like to understand why you decided to join the Dracul and what it is you are looking to learn."

Asa considered her words and slight abruptness, but mainly considers the fact that apparently she and Witherspoon don't communicate -- or she wanted to hear for herself.

Either way... interesting. Or not. Maybe I'm thinking like an Invictus.

He turned his thoughts inward, not particularly wanting to tell the woman that his main reason for joining was Ishani's changing Blood -- that was her secret to tell... not his.

"I've always been interested in properties of the Blood, especially in regards to Bloodlines and Disciplines," he spoke, "And the Dracul seem a good place to further my studies. More importantly, even before I became interested in the affairs of, or membership within, Covenants, I have been... interested in transcending the vampiric condition." He smiled slightly, half embarrassed, half amused at himself. "I know that sounds trite, and what everyone probably says, but..." Asa shrugged.

Shadow is taken completely by surprise with his answer. One, she had no idea that anyone was interested in the Blood and Disciplines and how they affected Vampires. She had been doing this research for longer then she could remember and had even earned the title "Keeper of the Blood" among the Dragons in Florida. Most kindred wanted to be a Dragon so they could learn the Coils, or have better control of their Beast. It seemed Asa's interest was very specific, and that surprised her as well.

Without a word, Shadow stands and leaves the room entering the bedchamber of the suite. She returns a few moments later carrying a large leather-bound book. It is old and well loved. She hands it over to Asa.

"This might help you." She says simply.

Asa gives Shadow a curious look as he accepts the book. "Thank you... what is it?" he asked, running his hands over the leather. He feels a surge of voyeuristic urge to touch the beautiful woman's book with Auspex, but refrains, curious to hear her answer before he opens it.

For the first time in a long time, Shadow considers lying. She is very uncomfortable with the idea, but at the same time she does not want to tell the whole truth either.

"It is a collection of essays and research done by a fellow Dragon on Vitae and the different effects it has. It also goes into detail on the different properties Vitae contains when it is changed from one kind of blood to another and what abilities usually derive from that change."

"What... changes...?" Asa half contemplated, half asked. "Could, perhaps, Daeva Blood change to Gangrel Blood?" he clarified. It wasn't the same as asking about a Bloodline changing, but similar enough.

Shadow smiles, but shakes her head. "Ah....no. For some reason-here let me see that." She holds her hand out to take the book. Once Asa hands it back to her, she begins flipping through the pages as if she is very familiar with the volume. "Ok, here we are."

She moves over to the chair and kneels down next to it, placing the book on the arm of the chair. She points to the opened page depicting a hand drawn graph with five separate categories. Each category is represented by a different letter. D, G, M, N, V. In each category are a number of other letters underneath the main one.

"This is a graph of the five main types of blood. I believe each different clan has a specific element in the blood that makes it a unique type, thus creating the clan itself, if you follow me. Now, this specific element cannot be changed, as in the basic building block of that particular vitae. It can be altered, or mutated which is what I think causes the blood to change by one's force of will, but that basic element it began with cannot be altered. I think that is why we can have different kinds of lines in the blood, but there is still a parent element." She stops and looks at him, considering what she just said. "Does that make sense?"

"Ah... yes, thank you," Asa replied, uncomfortable at the sight of her kneeling next to him. "That explains it, and then all 'lesser' lines derive from one of the five major components. Would you mind if I share what I read with Miss Naetesh?" he asked. He wasn't sure if Shadow knew they Havened together, but it was also to remind himself that... they Havened together.

Shadow leans back, settling on her knees and lays her hands in her lap. She was much more comfortable here as Asa was above her in station and thus her place was at his feet. Whether or not he knew this was something she didn't really consider.

She gives him a quizzical look. "Is Miss Naetesh also interested in the blood and how it works? I would be more then happy to help her as well, if that is your wish."

"We talk," Asa replied with a smile, "I just wasn't sure if this was to be shared," he elaborated, dodging the question. At some point, he needed to ask Ishani how private she wanted to keep her... changes. "Again, my thanks, this is wonderful, I'll return it as soon as possible," Asa continued, closing the book. He paused. "Was there anything else?" he asked, ready to leave, and perhaps speaking too quickly.

Finding out he had so much in common with the beautiful woman was a bit disconcerting, as was the urge to reach out and stroke her hair as she knelt next to him. Such a singular act of subservience roused his Ventrue Blood like water simmering and beginning to boil.

Shadow frowns, considering the question. It wasn't that she did not want Asa to share the information, knowledge should always be shared. It was that she didn't understand why the information was necessary.

"I generally share the information with someone if they come asking for my assistance. Rahyna, for instance, when she first came to us she did not know what she was. So, I had to run a few tests but I figured it out. Then later I acquired a new student-" Abruptly Shadow stops speaking as she realizes exactly what she just said. She had turned the conversation to her which is not what she'd wanted to do.

She looks back up at the Prince, trying to bring a bit of self-confidence to the fore. "I would like to know why the information were being shared before it is shared. It is not that it is secret necessarily, but it has taken a long time to gather this information and it is a particular field of study. Not everyone has this information and I would prefer it if it remains that way."

Asa picked apart her words, going through options. He didn't want to relinquish the book, and what insight it might shed on what the Lost Nights had done, nor did he want to lie. "Then perhaps I will keep my reading to myself until she expresses an interest to you?" he asked. He kept his tone light, as if the whole conversation was unimportant, and that Ishani probably had no interest anyway.

Shadow was done playing word games. Yes, Asa Clarke was the Prince, but he was also a Dragon and sometimes ones place in ones covenant was more important then ones place in the city.

"Prince Clarke," Shadow began in a formal manner, "exactly what is it you wish to discuss with Miss Naetesh? I ask because I feel that if it were simple curiosity, you would not have felt the need to ask my permission. Is she asking for your help with something to do with Vitae? If so, I may be able to answer the question and save you a few dozen years of research. I realize that you may have been "dabbling" in this area for a while, but unless you are willing to delve into the broken down structure of the Vitae, you will not learn much of use."

"I apologize, Oracle," Asa said, standing up with a serious expression. "If Miss Naetesh has an interest in the Blood, she will have to share that with you herself." Asa placed the book on the chair, and in the back of his mind realized that this new contention was much... safer... than before.

Shadow sighs, trying to calm herself at this point. Why is everything always black and white with this man?

She stands and picks the book back up handing it back to him, her expression showing that an argument would be pointless. She looks him in the eyes at this point, knowing full well what his Ventrue blood is capable of. "I do not have any further use of this book. If I add any more data to it, then I will have to rebind it. It is easier to just start another one. I would like to know if you discover anything I may have missed, or if you happen to disprove one of my theories. Other then that, do whatever you wish with the knowledge. It is none of my business anyway."

Inside, her knees were starting to buckle as she had to remain standing by sheer force of will. Obviously there were some issues here that the Prince did not feel comfortable with. That is fine, Shadow did not expect him to divulge any secrets. Maybe it would be best if she found someone else to tutor him, instead of assisting him herself.

"I can also find someone else to work with you on this, if you'd like."

"No, please," Asa said, unsure of how to handle the situation. She had insisted he tell her about Ishani, and he could not... "I appreciate the time you've taken, and this book that you're sharing." Asa held the book almost like a shield, as Shadow continued to shift from submissive to demanding, throwing off his balance as much as her beauty.

Now she was utterly confused. This kindred made no sense to her at all and without anyone to explain what she'd done wrong, she was lost and unable to figure out what to do or say next.

So, she drew upon her training and a lifetime of experience in being a proper piece of furniture. She bows her head in acknowledgment. "I am here if you need anything further."

What Asa wanted was to sit back down and have her tell him more about the Dracul, and why there seemed to be so many differing philosophies -- both in lessons and means. For some odd reason, he wanted to apologize, even though he had done nothing but responded to her insistence. But. But what Asa needed to do was leave.

"Thank you, again, Oracle," he said, with a polite nod.

It was surreal to think, if things had been different, he would have called her Prince instead. Which only brought memory of the reason why, and Asa walked quickly to the door.

Shadow returned to her chair, allowing the Prince to let himself out. He knew where the door was and she was not in any mood to follow him with empty words of pleasant placation or false compliments. She needed to get back to her own space, a place where she felt comfortable in her own skin. Maybe that would help her with her own confidence in her abilities to do her job as an Oracle.

Suddenly having a thought, Shadow looks back up at the retreating Prince. "Prince Clarke? Who do you have running the Asylum now?"

There was a long pause before Asa replied from near the door. "Cozette Muriel runs it, although Miss Naetesh has expressed some interest previously and I might hire a new arrival, Miss Stamford." There was another long pause, before he spoke again. "Should I tell Cozette to expect you?"

"Yes......and thank you for coming." Shadow says distantly, although Asa gets the destinct impression that she is no longer aware of her surroundings as he leaves.