Ended
Watch

Hide and Seek

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    E
    ErlangShen

Walking into the abandoned warehouse, the Darkling relished the feeling of the setting sun. Yes, this will do nicely.

The first room was a former lobby, a half-walled off section with a weather-beaten desk. Nearby were two rusty metallic doors on free swinging hinges. It was a large bare bones room measuring 30 by 40 feet (9 by 12 meters). The location had seen usage over the years since it had formally shut down. Discarded clothing, sleeping bags, a shopping cart, a rolling chair and other miscellaneous junk had somehow found its way inside.

Windows lined the upper areas of the walls, up to about half way through the facility. A few broken panes allowed ambient light from outside to sneak in.

Four decayed columns formed the structural support over head. Two decrepit, fractured walls were to his far right, up against the opposite end from the entrance. Perhaps it was an office of some sort at one point.

He had chosen this spot for a reason. More than enough space. Distant from curious minds. The Lost could do just about anything they chose, especially for use of Contracts.

The Lurker eagerly awaited Morgan and Milo.

Location Mechanics

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan arrived quietly and unnoticed by most as she had traveled. The old Halloween costume well wrapped her figure to blend into darkness. The baby-blue gym bag was not so effective at blending. She'd needed something to carry everything in, as well as a change of clothes for afterwards. Ninjas walking down the street tend to get weird looks and calls to the police when not near a Hollywood studio. Not that she'd walked down a sidewalk much on the way here.

It was child's play to climb the wall and peek in through a window. Sam Hain wasn't hard to spot this time. With a shrug, Morgan hung down by one hand, feet banging against the wall as she dug in for purchase. She then slung the gym bag over and through a window so broken it had no panes, it landed with a loud thump. The raccoon then rose herself up over the edge of the window and squeezed through. As she started to climb down head first, she stopped.

Looking "up" towards Sam Hain below her, she freed one of her clawed hand from the wall to pull the lower part of her mask down. She then waved hello: "Salutation Sam Hain! Heh, I guess I am-am early. B-be right down." With that she resumed her climb forward to the floor, flipping off the wall at the end.

Morgan retrieved her blue bag and...scampered would be the best word over to her fellow Autumn Courtier. She had her eyes closed and was breathing hard as she began blathering, "Heh-heh got the, uh, tools," she held up the bag, "Rrrright here. Nada perspiration. I-I packed them around cloth-no-no, packed clothes around the thingies to-to avoid damage to the anything, heh-heh. Trick I know from w-w-w-work."

It was hard to tell if Morgan was just out of breath or being her usual twitchy self around the toothy Darkling. After a moment's pause she tilted her head and asked, "Zzzould I g-g-get the thingie's out?"

Milo Chernobog

PRE

Milo arrived by the route most would take, a road to the establishment, and then entry through the front door. Honestly, what purpose would a flashy entrance through the windows have, even if the Fairest were capable of doing one without breaking his legs?

The Shadowsoul entered the warehouse dressed for the winter weather, which was far less wintery in California, but still chilly none the less. He knocked on the doorway as he made his way inside, eventually finding the pair of Autumns.

"Good afternoon." Milo said with slight nod of his head. "Just the Leaden Mirror for this event I assume?"

It was fine with him if it was. The Fairest had been meaning to meet and talk with his peer group since the Fallen Fair.

E
    ErlangShen

Hearing the hard landing of the gym bag, the Lurker's eyes snapped toward the bag then scanned the immediate area. His name being called, candle-flames moved upward toward the stammering voice. The Raccoon (hopefully unintentionally) demonstrated a valuable lesson in asymmetric warfare. Even the walls could used for one's advantage.

"Hello Morgan," the Darkling greeted cheerfully. "What have you brought with you?"

Then to the Shadowsoul, "Hello Milo. It is indeed just Autumn tonight," a wide toothy grin curled up. "Just the way I was hoping it to be."

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan chuckled as she dropped the bag a second time, quickly squatting down to rummage through it. She took out a hooded sweater with a random cartoon character on the front and left it aside, "Ssseveral t-things thought heh-help searches, p-plus one for-for s-s-s-commando no-noise-walk demonstration," she looked up as Milo arrived, "Heh-hello," then looked back down to the gym bag.

Morgan produced a pair of flashlights, 6 camping glow sticks, a pair of socks, and a pair of high heels. Having gotten it all out she stood up with the high heels in hand. The Twilit Page looked back and forth between Sam Hain and Milo, "Eh-heh, w-well more exact t-these," she brandished the high heels, "demonstrate heh-how to fail at-at ninja-commando walk-heh, assuming-I-don't-face-fall-to-floor, by being too-too-too noisy..."

Morgan then stood on her tip toes to look behind the two of them, looking for someone else coming that could wear the heels, "Aaanymore coming?"

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

ooc

Milo Chernobog

PRE

Milo nodded along with Morgan's explanation as to the items in her bag. "Thank you Morgan, but I believe if it will just be the three of us such a demonstration will be unnecessary. I can assure you both my familiarity with the night is more then enough to aid me in an endeavor such as stealth."

Confidently, the Fairest turns his attention to Sam. "I'm assuming it will be the three of us? And that the canceled stealth lesson is the reason for this meeting?"

E
    ErlangShen

"It is just us three tonight," the Paladin confirmed. "I reached out to Tony Shine and Tessa, neither one replied."

He watched as Morgan produced the equipment - flashlights, glow sticks, expected. The high heels were a unique distinction.

Addressing both at once, "What I had in mind at the time preparation was for a much larger class. When I realized that change was necessary," he held up a black gloved hand, gesturing to the darkened warehouse, "This was most suitable for the occasion."

The Lurker looked at the pair, candle-flames flickering in thought, "I would not say it's canceled," he said with a shake of his head. "Tonight is a team-building session. That was the core of my lesson."

A wide smile pulled back his lips, "Tonight, we can have a simple game. The classic game of Hide and Seek...with a twist." Even saying "twist" had its own sinister vocalization. "Unrestricted use of your talents."

The Lurker picked up a flashlight and clicked it on, shining it under his chin. "Boo."

Glancing down at Morgan with his hand still holding the light where it was,"If you want to forgo the heels, I doubt either of us would mind."

OOC

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan laughed nervously, and just tossed the high heels aside, "T-t-twas to be part of s-s-s-commando quiet-walk teaching, heh. C-c-can still give tips on it now-or-later, heh. Didn't wanna wear 'em, fall-flat-on-face-hurt. Heh-heh," she smiled widely as she looked back and forth between the two men, "Yozz doods c-can feel free to try 'em, heh-heh."

It was a little disappointing no others were coming. Morgan paid attention to Sam Hain's explanation, following his gestures. She tilted her head in confusion, how could it not be cancelled without a group? If Sam had tried to spook them with his scary tone...he got Morgan to flinch. Though the raccoon felt she had a minor advantage over Milo and Sam as she pulled the lower half of her mask back up. What little skin was shown by her attire appeared black to their eyes.

Though it did beg the question the raccoon dressed like a ninja had to ask: "Uuuuh, heh-heh, who is ssseeking?"

Milo Chernobog

PRE

"Oh I doubt that would be a flattering look for me." Milo said with a half smile as Morgan discarded the heels.

"I know beyond a reasonable doubt I would be better suited to hiding over seeking." Milo said to the Beast before shrugging between the two. "Though I suspect that could be said for the three of us. Would either of you happen to have a preference?"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.