Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
First Impressions @ the Zebra (Attn: Joshua, open)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

A small jolt of apprehension hits Terri in the stomach and she momentarily thinks she has made a mistake coming to a place she has no knowledge of. Then, just as swiftly, she remembers what court she's affiliated to and shrugs it off, using it as energy. Wearing a pair of skinny black jeans, yellow-sunburst tee and a pair of matching flat shoes, Terri enters the bar and ignores any looks, instead heading for the bar and ordering the same drink as HAL had mentioned at the Festival; Vodka and Red Bull. Taking the bar in from her stool, perched with her feet off the ground, she smiles and waits for Joshua to arrive.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Joshua arrived a little late, but didn't seem to notice. He entered the bar and looked around a little anxiously. He didn't know what exactly Terri wanted, but he hoped Rick wasn't around, too. Silently he wondered whether he disliked him, but instead of thinking about he chose the easier way and just disregarded the question.

There she is .. alone. A slight smile played on his face as he moved trough the people to the bar.
    "Hi." he simply said sitting down next to Terri, still smiling.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri smiles broadly and even moves in to give Joshua a hug, wrapping her arms around him and giving the Elemental a squeeze of...companionship? Possibly, but it was definitely friendly.

"Hey Josh, how're you doing? Wanna drink?"
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)

If one had to guess, the best explanation for the shimmer of light behind Joshua's clouds was that he was blushing as Terri hugged him. "Uh quite well actually.. how about you?" and then, without really noticing that this might be rude he looked for the barkeeper (while still listening to Terri, he just didn't look at her) and ordered a Tequila Sunrise.

Description

PRE

Terri takes a sip of her drink before answering.

"Busy, 'specially following HAL's announcement." She leaves it at that. He was at the Festival and should understand her intentions.

"Apart from that, work has picked up a treat. Got a young boxer under my wing, helping to improve his conditioning for an upcoming fight. Its different but eye-opening. So," she adds, looking around the bar, "How do you know this place? I've never heard of it."

Joshua thought about where he heard from this club, mixing the two phases of his drink absent-mindedly. He wasn't sure whether he knew about the Zebra from Kyle, some flyer or any other source. Frankly, he didn't even know why he suggested this place.

"Frankly, I don't-uh, I think Kyle told me." And couldn't he remember the exact scene that happened? Probably, but maybe his mind was just playing tricks on him. He noticed how he messed up his drink and stopped the stirring. "So, uhm what about Rick?" Boy, not only did he suck at small-talk, he also spoke faster than he thought. An awkward pause, then: "I mean, how's he getting along?"

Ah, Rick. I knew this subject would come up at some point. Best get used to it girl.

"He's fine, I made him buy a Halloween outfit the other day. He practically freaked." Terri started to giggle. "Apparently, he's worried the green tights will clash with his feathers. He's only doing it 'cos I bought a Tinkerbell costume." Taking another sip of her drink, Terri cocks her head to Joshua. "Ya know, I feel like I know diddly-squat about you Josh. For example, what do you do for work, or how do ya spend your days?"

"Well I work at a coffee-shop and apart from that I don't.. well I don't really have any hobbies, so to speak." That was only half-true, of course, but somehow he didn't want to tell Terri about the hours upon hours he walked, no sometimes ran through the city. He was ashamed of it, as if it were an addiction, as if Terri would tell him to stop it if he told her about it. He smiled as he changed the subject.

"Is there a special celebration for Halloween? You know, autumn stuff?" He took a few long sips from his drink. Losen up! You won't get to date her, so what?! Yeah, so what? That was easier said than done, though. Joshua thought about how much money he brought along, or rather: how many drinks he could afford.

The result didn't look good.

Description

PRE

"Hmmm, that's a good question. I haven't heard of anything but," her bestial mind quickly going over the idea, "I 'spose I might be able to throw something together on the fly. Actually, it might be fun; kinda short notice but heck, why not." Terri smiles as she finishes her drink, her thoughts tumbling over the details of holding a Halloween party. Actually, that was one of the problems with being a Beast; somewhat limited focus. She almost forgets that she was in a conversation.

"Sorry, mind wandered off there for a second. Wanna 'nother drink?"

While Terri and Joshua chat, the bartender, a sloppy, unshaven PolySci grad student, flips the TV in the corner to the local news. The anchorman explains that the police are still looking for the two teenage suspects in the brutal slaying of Dr. Lawney, then shows the composite sketches police have made.

Wow, that looks a lot like Joshua and Sable.

The bartender looks away after the report and listens to the talking head as he alternates between filling and cleaning glasses.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread